Tutorial or instructions for RIO in Multiplayer mode?

crazyave

I'm finding it really difficult to do certain things when Jester isn't there to magically switch everything how it needs to be. This means in multiplayer mode with two human players in the plane.

I've hit rock bottom trying to figure out how to get the WCS to show any targets in TWS Auto mode at all. Is there some kind of documentation or tutorial which takes you step by step on how to get targets setup on the WCS in TWS Auto?

Have you done the training missions for the RIO?

That aside, and because I did this when I started RIOing: is WCS (the switch to the left of the HCU) on? If it's just in standby you don't see any targets on the DDD.

i think wcs switch is on the right and the tcs is on the left

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Once you're in TWS Manual, the antenna elevation is usually the thing that trips most people up. There are two possible TWS scan settings: 40 degree/2 bar and 20 degree/4 bar, set with the azimuth switch (the bars are automatic). If I have a working datalink I usually use 20/4, center the cone on the datalink contacts, then work the antenna elevation to keep the contacts in the middle of the altitude band. If you can see datalink contacts but don't have them on radar, the antenna elevation should be the first thing you should check.

What Home Fries says is pretty good advice.

It can be quite tricky though to keep contacts within the min and max elevation scan limits, especially if the contacts get close and are on a totally different altitude than you are. Unlike more modern radar display (F-15, F-16, F-18, Mirage, ...) the TID in the Tomcat does not show the min and max elevation scan limits for the current cursor position, but instead it shows them for the upper edge of the display.

So let's see what that means in the following example: If the min and max elevation limits are shown as 5 and 15 and your TID scale is set to 50nm, then you can detect contacts between 5,000 and 15,000ft at a distance of 50nm. If the target is closer than 50nm, the scan limits get narrower, as the radar scan is cone shaped. That means you should always try to set the TID scale as close as possible to the actual target distance, to get the most accurate min and max elevation readings.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Basically never run anything on the TID. If they are on the TID they are either flying stupid or very close. This rings true even with the Data-Link running.

I tend to run the radar off the DDD in Range While Scan. (Not sure if RWS is best for this irl. Just works for me in current build) Get that Main Lobe Clutter Filter off and the Eraser down low. You can catch things much further off and much lower in the weeds.

Those weak returns you can get won't come up on the TID until hard lock.

My biggest problem in the back seat is trying to remember what is modeled at the moment. I keep messing with the gain and getting nothing. Most everything on the left side of the DDD console is not modeled yet.

Edited by sBryansGames

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]