Maple Flag Missions - Advanced Flight Training Qualification

I have completed a tutorial series based on the excellent missions pack from Maple Flag Missions! Advanced Flight Training Qualification is a 10 mission campaign designed to get you comfortable with Air to Air refueling, Countermeasure Systems, and various weapon employment! Please come to my youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/reconstewart and check them out! Thanks!

AFTQ -

I am also working on the Tactical Flight Training series. Thanks for Watching!

Maple Flag Missions - http://www3.sympatico.ca/tlaschuk/mapleflagmissions/

Join me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009516004143

Follow me on Twitter -

Edited by Recon Stewart
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube Facebook Twitter Twitch

Great! I saw them. They are great as reference before actual attempt to fly those missions.

Thank you! I will use your videos for sure.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Great! I saw them. They are great as reference before actual attempt to fly those missions.

Thank you!

Also!

I´ve spotted them a few days ago and will definitely use them before i go deeper into my last Training challenge TTQ :director:

Thanks for these videos :thumbup:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Subscribed to you channel yesterday as I was searching for Mable flags. Was a little surprised; you only having 6 posts in here as I'd imagine you having a lot more :)

You rock!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369

Thank you for your kind words everyone! I really appreciate it and it keeps my motivated! Let me know if there's anything I can do for anyone or if there's any in specific you'd like to see!

Subscribed to you channel yesterday as I was searching for Mable flags. Was a little surprised; you only having 6 posts in here as I'd imagine you having a lot more :)

You rock!

Haha! I know, I was thinking about my lack of forum posts yesterday! I think because I have a job with no internet access, my free time is spent in the pit and video editing which doesn't leave a lot of time to spend on the forums which I wish i could. Maybe I need to hack the firewall at work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice videos!

On TAC 11 What is that strange chirping noise in the cockpit? I've never heard that before.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thank you for your kind words everyone! I really appreciate it and it keeps my motivated! Let me know if there's anything I can do for anyone or if there's any in specific you'd like to see!

Haha! I know, I was thinking about my lack of forum posts yesterday! I think because I have a job with no internet access, my free time is spent in the pit and video editing which doesn't leave a lot of time to spend on the forums which I wish i could. Maybe I need to hack the firewall at work!

I've subscribed to your YouTube channel so long ago that I don't remember when it was ;)

Forbidding internet access on workplace is Crime against humanity. Hack it! :music_whistling:

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Nice videos!

On TAC 11 What is that strange chirping noise in the cockpit? I've never heard that before.

Its a mod I use for my RWR which changes the beeps and boops of the RWR to make the radar signals more discernable. The chirping is a signal that has been pinging me for a while so its less pronounced and less annoying. A new signal gives a more high pitched noise to let me know if something new is tracking me. You can download it here - http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=274

Edited by Recon Stewart

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

RS I watched your video for TAC14 and yeah I kept losing the SPI on that first SAM site too. Can't figure out why. I wonder if running in low throws it off but I've not heard of that before.

Wow, the SPI moves, check out the screen shots. I set it with the TGP from higher altitude on the way in, then running in low you can see it shoft from one instant to the next.

818281758_wmplayer2015-06-2821-23-45-51.thumb.jpg.eadb05b702e9286e69b6cfc5c467b299.jpg

1934636256_wmplayer2015-06-2821-27-09-67.thumb.jpg.bd6b4a01ae5410962d25ced882adf327.jpg

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Just wondering here....is this anywhere near the T38/37 line?

The moving SPI? I don't think it's a case of that either. I didn't enter the coordinates via the CDI, just TMS back long to make the TGT Steerpoint my SPI then slewed into the SAM site with the TGP then TMS forward long to set the SPI. You can see the two screenshots seconds apart the wedding cake moves. I haven't got a chance to watch Recon Stewart's video again but he has a similar WTF moment approaching the target. Of course low on the deck you can't see the target till you come up over a hill and then you find its not there.

Your TGP is looking in a different position in each screen shot, of course your SPI will have changed position to match.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Your TGP is looking in a different position in each screen shot, of course your SPI will have changed position to match.

Yes my TGP is slaved to the SPI so when that moves, so does the camera.

What happened in recon's vid is that the LOS gets masked by the hill just west of TGT. You should leave the steerpoint as SPI or adjust with the tgp and then put a MK point.

Also, China Aft Long slaves the tgp to steerpoint (not SPI) and that prevents the tgp of going batshit.

• 9 months later...

hello there should be a problem with advanced flight training 09 guided bombs A-10C, every time I go below 5000ft, during the engagements in the training range and after the mission ends approaching kobuleti, the exam terminate with a fail, I experienced this also when the instructor give me the autorization to return to base and say me that the restriction is terminated.......no way to terminate this mission and my training campain is blocked .... please help me to solve this is a big problem for me.....I'm on steam with last version of dcs for steam 1.5.3.52018, utilizing the campaign which I have bouight from maple flags and downloaded from dcs site

thanks

• 3 months later...
hello there should be a problem with advanced flight training 09 guided bombs A-10C, every time I go below 5000ft, during the engagements in the training range and after the mission ends approaching kobuleti, the exam terminate with a fail, I experienced this also when the instructor give me the autorization to return to base and say me that the restriction is terminated.......no way to terminate this mission and my training campain is blocked .... please help me to solve this is a big problem for me.....I'm on steam with last version of dcs for steam 1.5.3.52018, utilizing the campaign which I have bouight from maple flags and downloaded from dcs site

thanks

I have the same issue. When I try to kill last target with guns and descending below 5000' it terminates the mission. Same if I kill them all with bombs and try to land. It fails. I'll give a try with the practice one.

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

I have the same issue. When I try to kill last target with guns and descending below 5000' it terminates the mission. Same if I kill them all with bombs and try to land. It fails. I'll give a try with the practice one.

Sounds like the Hard Deck trigger is not being disabled when you enter the range. Are you flying all the waypoints directly or taking any shortcuts?

We will retest the MFM version and update the User Files if we find a bug.

The campaign has been updated with professional voice overs and is into ED for testing. Not sure when they will release it but we didn't see that bug in our testing of the updated version.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

If you are hitting all the waypoints then when you hear this call:

COLT 1-2 CONFIRMS.

ALL ALTITUDES,

CLEAR OF CLOUDS,

HARD DECK 500.

I HAVE CONTROL.

It sets FLAG 19 which disables the 5000' Hard Deck Restriction trigger.

If you don't hit all the waypoints in the flight plan then likely you aren't getting this flag set properly.

The other case might be some memory corruption causing FLAG 19 to flip back so it's false and that would cause the Hard Deck trigger to fire if you go below 5000'.

If you are hitting all the waypoints then when you hear this call:

It sets FLAG 19 which disables the 5000' Hard Deck Restriction trigger.

If you don't hit all the waypoints in the flight plan then likely you aren't getting this flag set properly.

The other case might be some memory corruption causing FLAG 19 to flip back so it's false and that would cause the Hard Deck trigger to fire if you go below 5000'.

Sabre I did not hear/see the message your are mentioning. That's strange. I follow all the waypoints but I have to check if I move them manually instead of having cycle them automatic. I don't remember. Also I did not hear the FENCE IN comand and the talk with ATC (female voice if I remember well). I will re do the mission and save a track for you.

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

Sabre I did not hear/see the message your are mentioning. That's strange. I follow all the waypoints but I have to check if I move them manually instead of having cycle them automatic. I don't remember. Also I did not hear the FENCE IN comand and the talk with ATC (female voice if I remember well). I will re do the mission and save a track for you.

That would do it. You need to hit each waypoint in turn (fly the flight plan as briefed) to hit the appropriate trigger zones.

We can look at the trigger zone sizes and make them bigger but if you fly through each waypoint then that should ensure proper trigger execution.

It's possible the mission file is corrupted so you might want to re-download and re-install the package again.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

That would do it. You need to hit each waypoint in turn (fly the flight plan as briefed) to hit the appropriate trigger zones.

We can look at the trigger zone sizes and make them bigger but if you fly through each waypoint then that should ensure proper trigger execution.

It's possible the mission file is corrupted so you might want to re-download and re-install the package again.

Hi Sabre, finally I accomplished it. The issue was I did not get the 8000' altitude fast in the first track (WP 0-WP1) and I suppose there's a trigger at that altitude when Leader starts to talk about mission. So at the WP1 turn Leader has not finished yet to talk about mission and did not get instruction for next WP, no G-warm, no fence in and other messages for the other WP's. Hope it's clear what's happened.

Hi Sabre, finally I accomplished it. The issue was I did not get the 8000' altitude fast in the first track (WP 0-WP1) and I suppose there's a trigger at that altitude when Leader starts to talk about mission. So at the WP1 turn Leader has not finished yet to talk about mission and did not get instruction for next WP, no G-warm, no fence in and other messages for the other WP's. Hope it's clear what's happened.

Glad you figured it out. Yes you should try to get to altitude as quickly as you can (while maintaining adequate airspeed). A 10 to 15 degree climb at full throttle should do it.