Crimea map in DCS

BTTW-DratsaB

Crimea map in DCS  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Crimea map in DCS

• Never
    • ASAP

I don't know why it only just dawned on me (I have played BS after all! :doh:)

But it was only the other day, when I went to see where my old Lockon A10 hunting ground around Sevastopol and Simperofol was that I realised that a large portion of the LockOn map is missing, I of course appreciate that we have a lot more map now then we did then.

http://lockon.co.uk/modern_air_combat/?PAGEN_2=2#573

It does seem a shame that we can't use that old Crimean section of the map in the DCS universe. I did find this old thread discussing the reasons behind its exclusion:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33917&highlight=lockon+terrain

Now we have 64bit is it possible to add this to the current map? Would it not be worth even making a second map out it if it is too big to combine the two?

I know we are getting Nevada, but the more terrain's the better. That's my opinion anyway. Perhaps people would even pay some money to have it included if it meant a lot of work to bring it up to DCS standard?

PS. I was in the process of writing this before JB made his thread :P , must be some thing n the air.

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

I wouldn't say ASAP, but it would be nice to have it back in.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

If it gets added to the current map, ASAP. If it's separate yes, but when they get around to it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Eventually... it's too close to the map we have right now. I choose to abstain from this vote because my answer is not in the choices. I'm looking forward to a little more variety.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Sure, if it's relatively simple to do. I assume it is, since that portion of the map was already created for LOMAC. Of course, that's just an assumption. Otherwise, leave it until the projects already underway are done.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

Wasn't the requirement for 32bit compatibility, which is not given any longer (AFAIK DCSW is now 64 bit only), the reason for, dropping crimean objects in favor of georgian objects (airfields, etc,)?

So why not just putting those objects back in? I bet it isn't that easy though, is it?

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Wasn't the requirement for 32bit compatibility, which is not given any longer (AFAIK DCSW is now 64 bit only), the reason for, dropping crimean objects in favor of georgian objects (airfields, etc,)?

So why not just putting those objects back in? I bet it isn't that easy though, is it?

AKAIK there's "Theater Switcher" already implemented with DSC:W however not in use as the only map available is the Kuban/Caucasus/Georgia.

With "Theater Switcher" one can select which parts of the Black Sea map are active or select completely different maps (i.e. Nevada when ready).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For Huey's sake, I'd love SEA so I could run the Mekong or around Cam Ranh or, with a fully loaded Hawg, how about right up Hai Phong to HaNoi! But for an Eagle/Flanker party, Crimea/Russia would be nice. I loved Sevastopol in LOMAC. Nevada will be a nice separate map just for training the Western birds. Europe would be nice for the P-51 and whatever comes out to match that.

Not that it really matters. Years ago, our community had monthly online wars between Sochi and Maykop. The map really doesn't matter. AFM, and new aircraft DO!!!! Someone Puh-leeze get me a SuperBug!!!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...