Rear-View Mirrors Viewport

Tiberius

For the consideration of the developers...

I'm building an F/A-18 simpit that features many small monitors for the cockpit displays, HUD and rear-view mirrors. So far this has been based on FSX and features cockpit display extraction and rendering over the network.

I'm planning on making this work with DCS given the impending arrival of the F/A-18. I'm new to DCS so bear with me...

I've been experimenting with screen extraction for remote rendering, using the Su-25T. I came across this in Export.lua:

-- you can export render targets via shared memory interface

-- using next functions

-- LoSetSharedTexture(name) -- register texture with name "name" to export

-- LoRemoveSharedTexture(name) -- copy texture with name "name" to named shared memory area "name"

-- LoUpdateSharedTexture(name) -- unregister texture

-- texture exported like Windows BMP file

-- --------------------------------

-- |BITMAPFILEHEADER |

-- |BITMAPINFOHEADER |

-- |bits |

-- --------------------------------

-- sample textures : "mfd0" - full SHKVAL screen

-- "mfd1" - ABRIS map screen

-- "mfd2" - not used

-- "mfd3" - not used

-- "mirrors" - mirrors

But I've not managed to make it work (can't find the shared memory). So I wrote my own DirectX11 hooking DLL to do the same thing, and can get at the Shkval screen by 'scraping' its viewport from the back buffer.

But I want to extract the rear-view mirrors as well. I was hoping that these would be available via a viewport like this:

MIRRORS =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

Apparently not.

But I have managed to get the rear-view mirrors view by hooking DirectX.

It isn't 100% reliable on Windows 10 and isn't working on Windows 7, but the result is this:

Popping_Flares.png

Here I am exporting the Shkval screen and rear-view mirror view over the network for rendering on the laptop. The mirror views are flipped horizontally.

These views will ultimately be displayed on small monitors in my cockpit:

Rear_View_Monitors_Detail.png

Anyhow, my wish is that the rear-view mirrors view could be displayed in a viewport just like the Shkval screen, which would make accessing

them easy and reliable.

Thanks!

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...