isn't it the stated goal to bring all FC3 a/c up to "DCS" level (PFM/ASM)?

SDsc0rch

word on the street is that movement on bringing red aircraft to (continued) high fidelity is hindered by the russian govt (???)

and the f-15c ASM is "not on our plate" (belsimtek)

i thought i've heard in the past that ED wanted to bring all FC3 a/c up to DCS level

but it doesn't seem like we're not proceeding toward that goal with much intensity

in the case of the redfor a/c....... in the interest of continuing improvement, wouldn't it be possible to turn over that segment of the DCS lineup to 3rd party devs, outside of russia and thus outside of the purview of russian jurisdiction?

and in the case of the F-15C, before we launch in to new projects, shouldn't we finish up unfinished modules first?

not trying to be argumentative or critical - just speaking in the interest of gaining the "best experience" possible from DCS

thanks

• Like 1

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't recall ever seeing ED say that they planned to bring the FC3 to DCS level...I only recall seeing the exact opposite over and over.

Maybe I missed it? Do you have any sources for them saying this?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The FC3 aircraft aren't supposed to receive an ASM update, only PFM updates and more system updates as we have seen it for the Su-33. I'm sure that this is stated like that since years and nothing changed on that so far.

Almost all of the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft are finished/completed and this module is known for it's easier learning curve and overall handling without ASM which is the best experience for beginners that are newcomers to DCS World.

I do have some recollection of hearing that but can’t find a source.

For the F-15C, I wish Belsimtek would consider a hand off to a third party developer as you described for the Redfor aircraft. I don’t see this happening though as the AFM is Belsimtek intellectual property which they likely wouldn’t give away for free.

The FC3 aircraft aren't supposed to receive an ASM update, only PFM updates and more system updates as we have seen it for the Su-33. I'm sure that this is stated like that since years and nothing changed on that so far.

System updates for the F-15C would be nice

Edited by SinusoidDelta

.... Almost all of the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft are finished/completed and this module is known for it's easier learning curve and overall handling without ASM which is the best experience for beginners that are newcomers to DCS World.

if that's true ("if"), then that's really a raw deal for those of us who are really in to the eagle ----- i want to see the eagle brought up to DCS standards

why should we be "penalized" by being stuck at FC3 levels because the eagle was developed back in LOMAC days...?

but.. i really don't think that's true --- i think it is ED's desire to bring all FC3 a/c up to DCS level

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's my understanding too.

Yeah the 15 is one of those aircraft that truly deserves to be a full module. The 14 is coming, the 18 is almost here, the Harrier is close. When it comes to true 1980's iconic aircraft the only two missing in the North American sense is the 15 and the 16. I do hope it happens in the somewhat near future.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

if that's true ("if"), then that's really a raw deal for those of us who are really in to the eagle ----- i want to see the eagle brought up to DCS standards

why should we be "penalized" by being stuck at FC3 levels because the eagle was developed back in LOMAC days...?

but.. i really don't think that's true --- i think it is ED's desire to bring all FC3 a/c up to DCS level

In what way are you being penalized? So you can’t mouse click on buttons. Aside from that it’s pretty much the same already. What more would they add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In what way are you being penalized? So you can’t mouse click on buttons. Aside from that it’s pretty much the same already. What more would they add?

A datalink, for starters. It's definitely not "pretty much the same."

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I would assume that like most people, the lack of a clickable cockpit is an absolute emersion killer. I'm actual quite surprised at your statement.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

not going to get in to it in detail here - if you want, google the filename "TO1F15C3413 .pdf"

referred to as the "dash 34" --- the eagle's non-nuclear weapons delivery manual

https://imgur.com/Jw6c5gz

many (many) awesome features that make the eagle far more lethal than is currently modeled in the sim

ED has this doc

for many of us, we'll never get the chance to actually fly these jets, DCS is the closest we'll ever get - getting the DCS eagle as close as possible to the real-deal, gets us close as possible to that experience

who wouldn't want that??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specifically Belsimtek now said that they don't plan to update the F-15C with ASM. However it wasn't said that it is completely impossible to simulate the Eagles systems, closer to the real thing than now.

The Hornet and Eagle are two different planes but we are already seeing one of these two in the simulation with DCS standards.

I would expect all the FC3 aircraft to get the finished or desired state (PFM & SSM). After that I believe plans could start on updating some of the FC3 aircraft and be released as spereate modules including the PFM and ASM.

But that is only a guess that could start to evolve in multiple years, if it could.

not having it is wrong

A rather bold statement.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Are you kidding ?

Navigation system, Radios, datalink, countermeasures, weapon employment systems.... its totally not even close to full Fidelity now.

Anyway, ED have stated that all FC3 will have AFM not ASM and this will not change. Would be great to have a full Fidelity eagle but if it ever happen it will not be in the near future.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you kidding ?

Navigation system, Radios, datalink, countermeasures, weapon employment systems.... its totally not even close to full Fidelity now.

Anyway, ED have stated that all FC3 will have AFM not ASM and this will not change. Would be great to have a full Fidelity eagle but if it ever happen it will not be in the near future.

the low-fidelity avionics makes DCS look very..... "arcadey"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Almost all of the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft are finished/completed and this module is known for it's easier learning curve and overall handling without ASM which is the best experience for beginners that are newcomers to DCS World.

Correct