Working on some missions - need your opinions

Eule

Hello pilots! I'm working on something the last days and I need your opinions to make sure that I am not sinking many hours of "work", just to realise that no one but me likes what I did.

1. Travel time. How long is okay to travel from A to B? In minutes. Lets say .. UN Campaign. First Mission. Too long? Or okay?
  2. Mission type. What type of Mission do you prefer? S&D, SAR, Transport, sling load?
  3. Difficulty. Do you like a more or less brainless flow? Or do you want a (NOT unfair) challenge?
  4. Map. Do you own the persian gulf? If so - do you like it for helicopters?

Many thanks :)

Wehwehchen

15-20 minuets max when have a three+ hour fuel load if empty and watching the power settings iirc. I like sar and transport myself. Have flow so you can complete the mission and brief all radio settings and waypoints in the briefing ideally include both in the kneeboard for the mission.i have all the maps I’ve been building pg fobs and farps here lately.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I would like some proper training missions with triggers may be even gates like come with the jets that being said I like S/R 15-60 mins, kneeboard maps with mission briefs and may be radio chatter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

If your able I’d like to present you with either the usarmy’s flight school for initial rotary wing training or the usaf’s Basic rotary wing training and have you create those missions I’m working on 4 farps/fobs in the nttr map that are spaced roughly 100 miles from each other and Nellis afb except 1 is 200 miles from Nellis afb those distances are the idea spacing to allow 1 hour flight at typical huey cruise speeds which is what is being used at ft rucker by both the USA and usaf. They have two students and an ip on each huey if possible if not the student flys both legs with some leniency iirc from the docs. There are certain tasks preformed on each flight some are graded others are not. Ideally the flights will have the iP will explain the tasks in full the demonstrates the tasks then allow the student to practice certain tasks where they need to show familiarity or ability others are just for knowledge then once the student has had a chance to practice the graded tasks then they go through the evaluation of the tasks.

You think if given the information for the tasks you might be able to create the missions

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

´

(...)

You think if given the information for the tasks you might be able to create the missions

Sounds great! But right now I am concentrating at a campaign für the UH1H.

There is no Training included - but maybe I will get some small Training missions into it as optional.

I like fairly short ferry times. Below 5-10 minutes before some sort of navigation or tasking starts.

In general I prefer utility over combat as the Huey is just do damn fragile. So, SAR, transport, recon & sling loading (when fixed) are all good.

I definitely want a challenge - something interesting to do as I'm flying. Could be dealing with bad weather, trying to locate a nav point, setup/use radio homing, night missions with NVG and/or searchlights... that sort of thing. A bit of sight-seeing as you go is fine, but in general I want to be busy and stay engaged.

Also, missions that you can fly with a buddy are always appreciated. I tend to gear mine for 2-4 players.

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Travel time: Preferably not too long. 5-10 minutes maybe, depending on how much there is to do underway.

Mission type: I like search and destroy. But the most fun missions I have flown have been combinations of different tasks.

Difficulty: I like a challenge! Nothing is more satisfying than accomplishing something difficult, something you know not just anybody can do. Then again, as you say, I don't like an unfair challenge. Careful planning and practice and skill should pay off.

Map: don't own Persian gulf. Will buy at a decent sale price.