Multiplayer kill announcments

JCHJones

Is there a way, either in options or the mission editor to turn off the announcements in the upper left for multiplayer. I like to make and play co-op style missions but its unrealistic to have our kills confirmed for us.

We (being my friends and I) want to have to confirm it for ourselves that the target is dead rather than X has killed X with X every time an enemy or building dies.

Also it would be nice to remove the has taken off and landed parts too.

In Saved Games/DCS/Config/network.cfg

disable_events = true

Disables the event notification cheat messages from server- now no clients will see any event message cheats (let's be honest- they are a cheat).

To disable the message cheats locally, in Scripts/net/events.lua,

Comment out all calls to the "report" function in the "on_kill" function. I don't know if the "on_player_kill" function does anything, but if you want to be safe, you can comment out all the calls to the "report" function in that function too.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

No, kill messages are annoying, but not a cheat.

Cheats are means of gaining advantage over other persons in a game by doing stuff the game developer never intended to be possible.

But yes i agree, get rid of the kill messages. And make the take-off and landing ones for your own side only.

Would make things far more fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Kill messages do become sort of a cheat when you fire a weapon and don't wait to confirm a kill and instead just turn away, in real life you won't know if you got a kill or not like this (and you won't complete your task of taking out assigned contact). I dislike these messages also, the ones for take off and landing as well.

No longer active in DCS...

Kill messages do become sort of a cheat when you fire a weapon and don't wait to confirm a kill and instead just turn away, in real life you won't know if you got a kill or not like this (and you won't complete your task of taking out assigned contact). I dislike these messages also, the ones for take off and landing as well.

AGREED !

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

The way I think of it is in real life if you are on a CAS run you have the ground boys telling you that it hit. Same as the message to me.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I dislike these messages also, the ones for take off and landing as well.

I'm trying to figure out a way to replace the kill messages with a 3-5 second sound file of an ELT going off. (YEsssssss The ELT should NOT be set to "Auto" in a combat situation...)

Anything would be better than a text message.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

To me the only time a kill should count is when the shooter has landed at friendly base.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

We need AWACS kill confirms (And of course, it shouldn't be 100% accurate).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

To me the only time a kill should count is when the shooter has landed at friendly base.

And what happens if I have 3 kills before i land (I get jumped and get shot down while im RTB !) I know its my own fault but, I made those kills and i want them. So your statement in my opinion is BS !

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Looking to kill the 'screenshot' message. Did not see it in that file. Rep to the one that kills that message! :)

as long as we are sharing opinions, placing too much emphasis on score means the "Disco Dancer's" will start showing up. They will disconnect before ruining their score.

Edited by JG14_Smil

means the "Disco Dancer's" will start showing up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Looking to kill the 'screenshot' message. Did not see it in that file. Rep to the one that kills that message! :)

as long as we are sharing opinions, placing too much emphasis on score means the "Disco Dancer's" will start showing up. They will disconnect before ruining their score.

The screenshot message can't be disabled for a reason: taking screenshots was a known cheat in Flaming Cliffs. The screenshot message lets players know if another player is overusing the feature.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

The screenshot message can't be disabled for a reason: taking screenshots was a known cheat in Flaming Cliffs. The screenshot message lets players know if another player is overusing the feature.

How is it a cheat? :(

Lag. Some people would dump .png's instead of chaff to dodge missiles.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Thanks for this thread guys,

Works great. No more target kill messages or takeoff/landing messages on my server now.

Tested in game with a few pilots and the result was fantastic.

However I did notice that after I commented out the local script/net/event.lua on-kill lines that I had lost text in the MP options that allow you to specify connection speed. The drop down box was completely empty of the usual connection speed options...256...512...1024...LAN etc..

When it was said early that its not a cheat he/she was correct. You are using the word improperly. Instead you should find a better or more accurate word to describe the situation.

Also thank you for the fix works great

Yeah it's more of a realism setting similar to "simulation" vs "game" flight mode... Easy comms... View all f10 (or in some people's opinion f10 at all...) outside views... The list goes on. But as people strive to increase the challenge to stay engaged I can very easily see the benefit of turning the messages off. I have them turned off In the firehouse now too.

Great adjustment guys. Thanks for the tip!

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Can't we just get a switch in the options menu to disable or enable messages, which would then be translated to multi or single player modes,,,, pretty please :idea:

:xmas:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Can't we just get a switch in the options menu to disable or enable messages, which would then be translated to multi or single player modes,,,, pretty please :idea:

:xmas:

It has to be on the server side to enable/disable for all clients to be fair. So as Speed says, start with this:

In Saved Games/DCS/Config/network.cfg

disable_events = true

Gotcha HiJack, I unerstand that, just saying it would be nice just to add a little switch in the settings is all, so whether you are hosting, or just flying you have the option at the flick of a switch.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro