DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

make sure you have Joy_Btn31 and Joy_Btn32 set as modifiers for the F-5 (in addition to Joy_Btn30).

Ahh didnt realise you needed to do that for each module, thanks very much!

Humm still seems luke the mfds are none functional

Edited by tea_cypher

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone having issues with profile since update? I cant slew now and my NWS isnt working. A few other things too.. Am I going mad? lol
Ed made an error in the last update...i advice to don't touch anything and download the today hotfix...hoping it fixes it

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

A hotfix came out this am but it seems not to be working again yet. or is it working for you guys?:(
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3572483

Try the fix at this post...

I cannot try it at the moment

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3572483

Try the fix at this post...

I cannot try it at the moment

Open your diff.lua file in notepad++, click search, replace, find cd38 replace with cd13

Open your diff.lua file in notepad++, click search, replace, find cd38 replace with cd13

There are 20 entries in the diff file. I tried to replace them all but its not working.

You are talking about the diff file in the cts folder that you load in to the game to bind the virtual controller? or different file?

:cry:

C:\Users\username\Documents\TARGET Profiles\CTS\_for Saved Games_DCS\TARGET LUA Profiles\FA-18C\TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua

There are 20 entries in the diff file. I tried to replace them all but its not working.

You are talking about the diff file in the cts folder that you load in to the game to bind the virtual controller? or different file?

:cry:

C:\Users\username\Documents\TARGET Profiles\CTS\_for Saved Games_DCS\TARGET LUA Profiles\FA-18C\TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua

Yes...i also deleted the keyboard file from dcs world saved games and reloaded it after changing the id also in the keyboard lua...

Doing so all the axis and buttons reworked again...

Use find and replace of notepad++ to do the trick

So heres what I did.. Deleted my joystick config:

Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root) {3661D280-3499-11e6-8004-444553540000}.diff.lua

in:

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick

Next goto:

C:\Users\username\Documents\TARGET Profiles\CTS\_for Saved Games_DCS\TARGET LUA Profiles\FA-18C

and edit:

TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua

Search and replace all "cd38" with "cd13"

save file.

Goto CTS app and "BUILD SCRIPT"

Clear the column "Virtual Game Controller" (might can skip this step) in DCS

Reload your "Virtual Game Controller" with "TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua"

Should work fine!

So heres what I did.. Deleted my joystick config:

Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root) {3661D280-3499-11e6-8004-444553540000}.diff.lua

in:

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick

Next goto:

C:\Users\username\Documents\TARGET Profiles\CTS\_for Saved Games_DCS\TARGET LUA Profiles\FA-18C

and edit:

TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua

Search and replace all "cd38" with "cd13"

save file.

Goto CTS app and "BUILD SCRIPT"

Clear the column "Virtual Game Controller" (might can skip this step) in DCS

Reload your "Virtual Game Controller" with "TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua"

Should work fine!

i did the same, exept rebuilding the profile in CTS which you don't need to, and i did also for keyboard and for now all is working fine

F18C NWS not working after update

The NWS on the F18C is not working after the last DCS update. It had been working great before that. I followed the suggestions in the posts above about renaming all the "cd38" to "cd13" in the TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff and in TARGET FA18C kb V220N.diff. All seems to be working except the nose wheel steering. Holding S3 does not put NWS into the high mode. If I disengage NWS with the S4 button, S3 will not engage NWS. If I use the keyboard "S" key I see the numeric 2 button move on the UFC, but it doesn't engage NWS. If I reload the default DCS kb.diff file the "S" works properly to engage NWS on the first press and shift to Hi-NWS while held pressed.

And yes, cat bar is up, which will disengage NWS if down. Anyone else seeing this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

The NWS on the F18C is not working after the last DCS update. It had been working great before that. I followed the suggestions in the posts above about renaming all the "cd38" to "cd13" in the TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff and in TARGET FA18C kb V220N.diff. All seems to be working except the nose wheel steering. Holding S3 does not put NWS into the high mode. If I disengage NWS with the S4 button, S3 will not engage NWS. If I use the keyboard "S" key I see the numeric 2 button move on the UFC, but it doesn't engage NWS. If I reload the default DCS kb.diff file the "S" works properly to engage NWS on the first press and shift to Hi-NWS while held pressed.

And yes, cat bar is up, which will disengage NWS if down. Anyone else seeing this?

Follow my post, should work fine could be you missed a step?

F18C NWS not working after update

Follow my post, should work fine could be you missed a step?

Yes, I did follow your post and thought all was good, but then discovered the problem with the NWS. I then followed VirusAM's suggestion of doing the find/replace of the 12 occurrences of "cd38" to "cd13" in the TARGET FA18C kb V220N.diff file. That didn't fix NWS problem either.

Once NWS is disengaged, it won't reengage---either from the HOTAS buttons or keyboard keys. Reloading the default DCS keyboard file fixes the problem, but then HF's profile doesn't work. Something in the KB.diff file is not right.

Can you verify that your NWS is working correctly?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Yes, I did follow your post and thought all was good, but then discovered the problem with the NWS. I then followed VirusAM's suggestion of doing the find/replace of the 12 occurrences of "cd38" to "cd13" in the TARGET FA18C kb V220N.diff file. That didn't fix NWS problem either.

Once NWS is disengaged, it won't reengage---either from the HOTAS buttons or keyboard keys. Reloading the default DCS keyboard file fixes the problem, but then HF's profile doesn't work. Something in the KB.diff file is not right.

Thanks

for me it is working correctly

Thanks

Yes everything is good, did u rebuild script?

for me it is working correctly

Yes everything is good, did u rebuild script?

Thanks VirusAM and maestro72.

I started over this morning by deleting the .../saved game/dcs/config/input/F18C folder and copied a clean version of the F18-C Target Profiles 2.2 file from the archive. I replaced of all CD38's with CD13's and even rebuilt the script (although doing so doesn't really effect the kb v220.diff.lua or wh v220.diff.lua---it just rebuilds the DCSWorld.TMC file.) But I did it anyway. I then added the modifiers and loaded the edited kb v220.diff.lua and wh v220.diff.lua files into DCS. And surprise, the NWS still didn't work!

On a wild hair, since you guys have it working, I ran the TARGET SCRIPT EDITOR as administrator and....da-dah!!! the NWS works as it is supposed to! I then exited and restarted the TARGET SCRIPT EDITOR normally and the NWS still works.

I had forgotten that in the past I've had issues with the Target Profiles not working properly until I ran the TARGET SCRIPT EDITOR AS ADMINISTRATOR at least once. I don't think I'll ever understand Window permissions and ownership. I probably need to bite the bullet and do a clean install of Windows and DCS.

Perhaps my misadventure :cry::cry::cry::cry:will help some other poor soul :(:(:(struggling to get his working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

GA Flight Sim

Version 2.21 is up. The big updates are new diff luas for the updated Hornet controller luas and NS430 GPS support.

Thanks HomeFries! just curious when we do an update is normal ok? or do we need to do full? not sure when to do either. :joystick:

Thanks HomeFries! just curious when we do an update is normal ok? or do we need to do full? not sure when to do either. :joystick:

Under normal circumstances, you can always use the Normal update. It just compares the versions of what files you have with the latest on the server and downloads what it needs. The Full update is if you have a corrupted install (that the version compare may not pick up) or if you just want to download everything.

Hi Home Fires,

I tried DisplayZoom_Out. It show "+" not "=" in TARGET event test. So DisplayZoom function not work in F15C mode.

Could you please double check it? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Good catch. I'll fix it in the next release. In the meantime, RSYM should work (it uses a different key command).

EDIT: For whatever reason, = shows up as + in the event tester. This isn't the problem. Rather, I didn't add the JOY_BTN30 modifier to the =/- key commands. I'll fix that. In the meantime, you can go to those commands in the options menu, then press + or - and add JOY_BTN30 as a modifier and it should work.

Edited by Home Fries

2.21 Hotfix 1 is up. This fixes the diff.luas for the Display Zoom in FC3 aircraft (including Su-25T) and updates the AV-8B Controller LUA Improvements mod for the Open Beta (and hopefully next week's stable release).

The version number of the AV-8B Controller LUA Improvements mod still says 2.21, so just make sure that you replace the existing mod with the mod dated 8/2/18. There is no need to currently update this mod for the stable release, though doing so should not hurt anything (all it does is add the wingtip smoke command introduced in Wednesday's Openbeta).

EDIT: I made another quick change to Hotfix 1. If you already updated, just update again and it will pull in the new files.

Edited by Home Fries

Anybody else encounter severe performance issues? I don't mean a small hit, I mean from 90fps in VR to single digit slide show and crash/freezes. I've been through setup and advanced config docs multiple times but I must have something wrong, the performance hit is way to big to be from overhead, I've got to have some conflict in the config blowing things up.

I am not sure where to start troubleshooting, I suspect maybe I've got something wrong with H1 (warthog user, 2x MFD, VR) views and/or how VR 0 vs VR1 work, or maybe with the view luas or perhaps not disabling something in DCS settings that I should. Honestly I don't know, there are so many possibilities that I don't know where to start process of elimination. For now not running vaicom, teamspeak or simpleradio - just the target script and default mods

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

• 2 weeks later...

In the future it will be included a profile for the Yak-52?

The Yak isn't on my list of modules to purchase right away, but this is what the Standard DirectX profile was meant for. You can go to the "Standard DirectX" module on the Values page and set it up for the Yak, then set up your own diff.lua referencing Appendix A in the Advanced Configuration Guide (HTML).