F-14B : OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR

kaba

It's not a mistake. DEAD is Destruction of... while SEAD is just Suppression - two types of mission.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's not a mistake. DEAD is Destruction of... while SEAD is just Suppression - two types of mission.

year,but it's SEAD in game text. I don't know which one is correct.:book:attachment.php?attachmentid=235862&stc=1&d=1589595792(mission 03)

thanks for reply

hmmm.png.1a086bd7e5f054bd40a7544d7a219148.png

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

in the first two missions I've played the wingman isn't launching from the carrier when I take off.

it starts up and taxis to cat 2 fine but when I launch he just sits there on the cat

It's a common bug in beta v2.5.6. Easiest fix is to make your flight start from runway or airstart.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

year,but it's SEAD in game text. I don't know which one is correct.:book:attachment.php?attachmentid=235862&stc=1&d=1589595792(mission 03)

thanks for reply

In my experience if they dont do their job and DEAD the site youre going to die trying to bomb it. And definitely your wingman.

If they kill it youre golden - though make it fast or youll be fighting mig 29s / 25s. (One time it was a 29 I had to turn and deal with another a MIG 25.)

I literally have played this mission maybe 10 or 15 times. Maikop is FLAT around the airfield for a good 20 or 30 miles. Thats as close as terrain masking (I VERY loosely follow the flight plan using valleys) so if the hornets dont kill that SA10 site...

Things get ugly. Its a very capable SAM

In my experience if they dont do their job and DEAD the site youre going to die trying to bomb it. And definitely your wingman.

If they kill it youre golden - though make it fast or youll be fighting mig 29s / 25s. (One time it was a 29 I had to turn and deal with another a MIG 25.)

I literally have played this mission maybe 10 or 15 times. Maikop is FLAT around the airfield for a good 20 or 30 miles. Thats as close as terrain masking (I VERY loosely follow the flight plan using valleys) so if the hornets dont kill that SA10 site...

Things get ugly. Its a very capable SAM

understood,thank you for reply.:)

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

There's also mobile SA-6 which is not part of DEAD and local AAA so it's not like you can freely funaround.

Just completed this campaign and had a blast. Thanks for the great experience!

Anyone tried to play through it with 2 or 0 phoenixes rather than the standard 4 Phoenix loadout? Would be harder but more realistic.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hi! I really liked the first missions of this campaign and would love to play with SC. Are there any plans to update it?

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I'd like to!

I will probably make only one version just because of the challenge of managing so many missions! Please do share your preferences as to whether you'd want hot start, cold start, etc?

I am still getting to grips with the new carrier - bear with me.

I'd like to!

I will probably make only one version just because of the challenge of managing so many missions! Please do share your preferences as to whether you'd want hot start, cold start, etc?

I am still getting to grips with the new carrier - bear with me.

delete the original version and replace by SC version.:lol:

ti's too many .cmp now....

I would propose a cold start version with stored heading alignment for the Supercarrier. It basically adds 2 minutes to the mission and I would think that folks who like to use the Supercarrier, don't want to use it exactly to get off the boat as quick as possible..

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I would propose a cold start version with stored heading alignment for the Supercarrier. It basically adds 2 minutes to the mission and I would think that folks who like to use the Supercarrier, don't want to use it exactly to get off the boat as quick as possible..

+1

Thank you kaba! :))

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Agreed! Cold start all the way.

Yeeessss

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Just a quick note guys - I've finished the beta supercarrier version and this should be in a future patch. Watch out for that (hopefully soon)!

Supercarrier is in early days - so if you encounter any bugs please do let me know here!

In the interest of keeping patch sizes down and the number of campaign files included with the F-14 sensible, I have cut this down to two 'official' versions:

- Hot start, no supercarrier

- Cold start, supercarrier

These are the versions I will support going forward.

In case you are after the cold start, no supercarrier version, I have included this on the DCS userfiles site:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305079/

Please note that I won't be maintaining this legacy file going forward.

Hope you all enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss altitude orders or hard deck recommendations. Do you think it's applicable and realistic to add such in the briefings?

Does anyone else experience massive FPS drops about 45 minutes into the OCA Strike West mission in this campaign? I flew the mission twice, and I get the frame rate drops at the same point but when located in different parts of the map. It drops to the point of a slide show. The first time was in the northern area of the map while pursuing IL-76s, and the second was over the airfield target. However, both happened around the same time in the mission. In the second instance, once I left the target area at about 52 minutes into the mission, the FPS returned to normal. Track file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elgvmfefgocxa8v/ocastrikefpsbug.trk?dl=0

Running DCS 2.5.6.50979. Supercarrier version of the campaign.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

I'm having a heck of a time getting the carrier to talk to me in the first mission. I'm using preset 4, frequency 265.000 I never get a response, including when landing. I've tried both campaign types (supercarrier and normal).

In the Jester menu as well, when trying to set the radio, I notice that the carrier isn't in the list of stations as well, only Batumi and other airfields.

Has anyone else played recently and noticed this?