Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

UPDATE 05/29/2019 - 1: v1.52a

- Added ability to STACK ZEUS-Spawned units:

zeus_stack_units_tutorial.gif

- Added MANY more units that can be spawnable via "zeus" map marker spawns. List is on the main post, included as a text file in the zip along with the in-game briefing.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

UPDATE 06/01/2019 - 1: v1.52b

- Fixed an error where some blue units were not spawnable via the 'zeus spawns'

- Changed the A2A Intercept mission to spawn 3 bombers that will be somewhat grouped up. They have 3 possible spawn locations on the map that will be chosen at random each time they are triggered.

- Added new bombers to the spawnable units list:

b1b_blue

b52_blue

f11a_blue

tu142_red

tu160_red

tu22m3_red

tu95ms_red

"Through The Inferno"

If I want to stick that functionality into existing (modified) TTI variants, do I only have to transfer the zeus lua and adjusting the unit list or are there any other dependencies that would create issues for such an update?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

If I want to stick that functionality into existing (modified) TTI variants, do I only have to transfer the zeus lua and adjusting the unit list or are there any other dependencies that would create issues for such an update?

If you a take a look into the zeus script, you need every unit on the map as a template unit set to late activate, so the units in the zeus script with "unit name" need to exist.

You also need the moose portable lua loaded on mission start.

"Through The Inferno"

:thumbup:

Should be an easy transition then — we've modded the TTI missions quite heavily based on our preferences so any larger change on updates can be a pain. This sounds like it'll be a doddle then.

Thanks for the solid work.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

If you a take a look into the zeus script, you need every unit on the map as a template unit set to late activate, so the units in the zeus script with "unit name" need to exist.

You also need the moose portable lua loaded on mission start.

W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶M̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶P̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶M̶o̶o̶s̶e̶-̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶1̶2̶1̶5̶.̶l̶u̶a̶?̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶T̶i̶p̶p̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶Z̶e̶u̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶v̶i̶a̶ ̶Z̶e̶u̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶.̶

Edit: Found the issue. While I had all the units and names right. A few of the units had an unneeded space at the end. Lesson of the day. Don't mess with the editor at 3am.

Also I want to thank you both for the fun mission, but also the inspiration. I hope you don't mind, I am a complete novice at scripting or code in general, but your mission design has kind of sparked my interest. So I have spent the last few weeks trying to learn how it works, and doing some tweaks or experiments.

Edited by M.Muir

Nvm

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
W̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶M̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶P̶o̶r̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶M̶o̶o̶s̶e̶-̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶1̶2̶1̶5̶.̶l̶u̶a̶?̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶T̶i̶p̶p̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶Z̶e̶u̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶v̶i̶a̶ ̶Z̶e̶u̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶.̶

Edit: Found the issue. While I had all the units and names right. A few of the units had an unneeded space at the end. Lesson of the day. Don't mess with the editor at 3am.

Also I want to thank you both for the fun mission, but also the inspiration. I hope you don't mind, I am a complete novice at scripting or code in general, but your mission design has kind of sparked my interest. So I have spent the last few weeks trying to learn how it works, and doing some tweaks or experiments.

No problem! You know you can find out the errors by looking at the log file in your DC's saved games folder. Search script error in that file next time and it can tell you where and what you messed up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 06/25/2019 - 1: v1.53a

- JTAC Autolase Target Reports are reformatted for easier reading and now provide Lat/Long SECONDS (DMS). Perfect for JDAMs, JSOWs and navigation systems that cannot use lat/long decimal format.

New%20JTAC%20Reports.PNG

- There is now a new option for HELO SLINGLOADING to be enabled or disabled.

Enabled = uses real rope/sling on helos that have the sling feature. If there is no sling for the helo, then you cannot sling load with it.

Disabled = hover over the crate to carry it. Any helo can use this feature.

New%20HELO%20Slingloading%20Option.PNG

- Missions will now have unique procedural generated operation names, giving these missions a bit more character. This is more useful on our multiplayer servers, but we may do more with this in the near future.

New%20Mission%20Names.PNG

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks for your nice Missions.

i tweak the a little bit for me (skins,Radios,...)

and everytime i see the same error the F-5E has as waypoint name Mig 21Bis. (in PG the same)

and in georgian some planes ar a littlebit offset.

(both se picture)

Screen_190626_165828.thumb.png.25affac944742a373d1d6f1654fc8b44.png

Hi deadlyfishes, first of all thanks for your impressive work... it gave me countless hours of pure fun!

I am experiencing a really strange issue with the latest version you released: I edited it and added a bunch of aircrafts for my squadron comrades and adjusted the mission settings in order to NOT automatically spawn anything (as it was in the old TTI non-alive version, we need a controlled environment for training)... and I can no longer spawn missions from 'F10 - Other' menu.

I can enter the menu, all seems OK but when I try to spawn any mission - A2A or A2G, easy or hard, does not matter - the menu vanishes as usual but nothing happens.

After several hours investigating I think it's somehow related to the new slingloading parameter: in fact, the issue seems to arise if I set it to 'false'... I noticed that the 'Mission task spawning F10 added to your menu' (or something similar, cannot remember the exact text) no longer appears after the other information messages about initialization and I can no longer spawn any mission.

If I set the parameter back to 'true', the information message is back and missions start to spawn again, even if I noticed that it takes significantly longer time to spawn than the first time I modified it without touching the slingloading option.

Even more strange, the issue seems to NOT be present in the Persian Gulf variant: there I can set slingloading option to 'false' and I can spawn missions, even if also in this case it takes a much longer time to spawn the mission compared with edited mission parameters WITHOUT touching slingloading option.

In other words, the first time you change slingloading option to 'false' it seems to significantly delay mission spawning process... and this seems to not be reversible by changing it back to 'true'.

Additionally, in the Georgian Coast variant - and ONLY for that one - setting it to false seems to completely disrupt the mission spawning feature. :huh:

I attach my mission files if you want to have a look: the ones with the =DR= prefix are those where I added the aircrafts, while the standard named one is a default version that I used to cross check my findings about mission spawning delays and disruption (I had a doubt it could be caused by adding aircrafts, but this does not seem to be the case).

AFAIR, I never had issues like this in previous versions.

Thanks for any support, keep up your fantastic work! :thumbup:

=DR= Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.53a.miz

=DR= Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) v1.53a.miz

Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.53a.miz

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

I noticed the non sling load ctld file seems to be missing from the Miz. I copied the non sling load ctld from the Persian gulf TTI .Miz to the Georgian one, and my F10 is working now.

Thanks mate, I'll try... I still am a total noob with the editor and don't have a clue about where to find it and where to copy it but I will discover it! :smartass:

Did you notice the slowness in spawning the missions, too?

It's the most misterious aspect of the whole thing... :helpsmilie:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Hi deadlyfishes, first of all thanks for your impressive work... it gave me countless hours of pure fun!

I am experiencing a really strange issue with the latest version you released: I edited it and added a bunch of aircrafts for my squadron comrades and adjusted the mission settings in order to NOT automatically spawn anything (as it was in the old TTI non-alive version, we need a controlled environment for training)... and I can no longer spawn missions from 'F10 - Other' menu.

I can enter the menu, all seems OK but when I try to spawn any mission - A2A or A2G, easy or hard, does not matter - the menu vanishes as usual but nothing happens.

After several hours investigating I think it's somehow related to the new slingloading parameter: in fact, the issue seems to arise if I set it to 'false'... I noticed that the 'Mission task spawning F10 added to your menu' (or something similar, cannot remember the exact text) no longer appears after the other information messages about initialization and I can no longer spawn any mission.

If I set the parameter back to 'true', the information message is back and missions start to spawn again, even if I noticed that it takes significantly longer time to spawn than the first time I modified it without touching the slingloading option.

Even more strange, the issue seems to NOT be present in the Persian Gulf variant: there I can set slingloading option to 'false' and I can spawn missions, even if also in this case it takes a much longer time to spawn the mission compared with edited mission parameters WITHOUT touching slingloading option.

In other words, the first time you change slingloading option to 'false' it seems to significantly delay mission spawning process... and this seems to not be reversible by changing it back to 'true'.

Additionally, in the Georgian Coast variant - and ONLY for that one - setting it to false seems to completely disrupt the mission spawning feature. :huh:

I attach my mission files if you want to have a look: the ones with the =DR= prefix are those where I added the aircrafts, while the standard named one is a default version that I used to cross check my findings about mission spawning delays and disruption (I had a doubt it could be caused by adding aircrafts, but this does not seem to be the case).

AFAIR, I never had issues like this in previous versions.

Thanks for any support, keep up your fantastic work! :thumbup:

I noticed the non sling load ctld file seems to be missing from the Miz. I copied the non sling load ctld from the Persian gulf TTI .Miz to the Georgian one, and my F10 is working now.

Thanks mate, I'll try... I still am a total noob with the editor and don't have a clue about where to find it and where to copy it but I will discover it! :smartass:

Did you notice the slowness in spawning the missions, too?

It's the most misterious aspect of the whole thing... :helpsmilie:

Not sure about the slowness, that's probably a DCS thing...

Also, this issue was fixed. A hotfix update was uploaded to ED User Files:

UPDATE 07/03/2019 - 1: v1.53c HOTFIX

- Fixed a script error that prevented the trigger list lua file (main script file) from loading due to an error with CTLD file still in this version. This would occur when you set SlingLoading to false.

"Through The Inferno"

Not sure about the slowness, that's probably a DCS thing...

Also, this issue was fixed. A hotfix update was uploaded to ED User Files:

UPDATE 07/03/2019 - 1: v1.53c HOTFIX

- Fixed a script error that prevented the trigger list lua file (main script file) from loading due to an error with CTLD file still in this version. This would occur when you set SlingLoading to false.

Thanks a lot, especially for your blazingly fast fix! :thumbup:

I'll use the fixed version as a new base for my work and will check if the slowness issue is fixed, too.

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

OK, the hotfix version seems to work as it used to and missions are spawnable again.

Concerning slowness, maybe it was only an impatience issue on my part: I noticed that after a while (a couple of minutes I think) since initialization another information message pops up, it says something like "if missions are not automatically spawned, you can now spawn them using F10 menu"... and if I try to spawn a mission after this message it comes up quite instantly.

Instead, if I try to spawn before this message, it takes a while (presumably the same time that is required for the message to pop up).

Maybe all the scripts need some time to fully initialize?

Anyway, I think the fun is back... thanks again for all the fish! :lol: :thumbup:

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

• 4 weeks later...

Having an issue where I am seeing this on the latest version when trying to host tti Georgia 1.3c any ideas what this means, I don't actually have a mission with that file name so no idea where it's getting HT SOUTH from???!!???

2019-07-28 15:26:51.553 INFO Dispatcher: loadMission c:/users/mcmac/saved games/instance1/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz

2019-07-28 15:26:51.553 INFO WORLDGENERAL: mission file: "c:/users/mcmac/savedgames/instance1/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz" not found, trying Saved Games&

2019-07-28 15:26:51.554 ERROR Dispatcher: Mission Load Error: Cannot open c:/users/mcmac/saved games/instance1/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz

My mission file isn't even called that its called this : Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.53c.miz

Having an issue where I am seeing this on the latest version when trying to host tti Georgia 1.3c any ideas what this means, I don't actually have a mission with that file name so no idea where it's getting HT SOUTH from???!!???

2019-07-28 15:26:51.553 INFO Dispatcher: loadMission c:/users/mcmac/saved games/instance1/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz

2019-07-28 15:26:51.553 INFO WORLDGENERAL: mission file: "c:/users/mcmac/savedgames/instance1/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz" not found, trying Saved Games&

2019-07-28 15:26:51.554 ERROR Dispatcher: Mission Load Error: Cannot open c:/users/mcmac/saved games/instance1/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz

My mission file isn't even called that its called this : Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) v1.53c.miz

There is a trigger in the mission [ONCE - F10 Menu INIT, NO EVENT] which will try to load a mission named "Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz". It is activated by someone in the SU-27 entering the zone named "klsv" or any blue coalition unit passing into the zone named "AAA_Zone".

I think this is a residual trigger that the author was using for debug purposes. It doesn't appear to have any value otherwise.

You can open the mission in the editor and either delete this trigger or move the two zones to the edges of the map where they will never be entered.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 08/17/19 - 1: v1.54a

-Fixed a major issue with map-marker zeus spawns not working correctly after the latest OB update from 8/14/19 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4008751&postcount=66

This latest version of TTI is REQUIRED if you wish to get map=marker zeus spawns to work properly again.

- Changed logic for JTAC units to optimize performance. JTAC units are now generated dynamically with mission zones and will be removed once the mission is complete.

Additionally, this means you can move mission zones around in the mission if you'd like, but the mission intel will be incorrect. You can use the JTAC Status as a work-around to get the coordinates of the designated targets if you aren't relying on the F10 Map.

- Added a new JTAC zeus spawn that you can create anywhere on the map to spawn a JTAC recon drone to auto-lase/designate and smoke targets. The code for these JTAC drones created by zeus map marker spawning is always 1685 for now. I do have future plans to edit this on the fly. You can make as many of these as you'd like.

zeus-jtac-drone-tutorial.gif

NOTE: For TTI Normandy WW2 , you must use "recon" instead of "jtac" to spawn the auto-lase/designating sentry unit.

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

Yup — took a while before I could be bothered to change the zeus scripts since it was a bit of work to translate the old method to the new one, but nice update. The spawnable auto-JTAC in particular is an excellent addition!

• 2 weeks later...
Good stuff. Thanks for the upgrades.

Might I humbly request to add target elevation to the JTAC reports in a future update? Would really be helpful for JSOW/JDAM loadouts.

UPDATE 09/03/19 -1: v1.55a

- Added new JTAC Auto Lase Logic to now include ELEVATION IN FT of the marked target:

unknown.png

Big thanks to SanekFl for helping me find the scripting logic to implement this.

I looked into script and added target elevation info. Please review pull request

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-JTACAutoLaze/pull/3

- Added a new map marker command "-delete jtac" that will remove the last zeus-spawned jtac. A new message appears when creating a zeus jtac to remind you of this new command and feature.

"Through The Inferno"

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/03/19 - 1: v1.56a

- Added F-16C Viper Slots x2

- Added a fix for enemy aircraft causing a ground mission to appear active when it flies through the zone. Mission zones will now ignore flying units.

- Changed dynamic JTAC spawning logic so that the dynamically crated JTAC names will now state which mission type they are marking for, making better use of the "JTAC Status" feature in the F10 - Other Menu

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/22/19 - 1: v1.57a

- Updated Moose Frameworkto latest version

- Added AIRBOSS Script:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

- Included config options for Airboss

"Through The Inferno"