Fix the broken mouse-look?

e33et

Hello ED,

Hope you can fix the issue with the keybord control and mouse-look mode so it doesn't got broken every time i update the game in Steam Edition. Plus when you have headtracking/trackir it disable free mouse-look mode too and it didn't before update 2.3 i think after that version every control is being messy so it being unpleasent to play when camera control don't work properly. And i've tried almost everything, "uninstall/clean/verifying ingrentity of gamefiles" but nothing seems to help, and i've think it's a bug related to when you update the game!

Kind Regards

Henrik v.E.

Edited by e33et

... when you have headtracking/trackir it disable free mouse-look mode too and it didn't before update 2.3 i think after that version every control is being messy so it being unpleasent to play when camera control don't work properly.

TL;DR:

To use mouse look while TIR is active, you should Pause TIR (default F9) and then switch to mouse look (default LAlt+C).

Detail:

TIR (and similar) detection is now dynamic, when head tracking is detected i.e. the @120 fps sample rate, it takes precedence over mouse look.

By pausing TIR, no new tracking data is generated and you can use mouse look.

... i've tried almost everything, "uninstall/clean/verifying ingrentity of gamefiles" but nothing seems to help, and i've think it's a bug related to when you update the game!

Have you tried renaming/moving

• "Saved Games\DCS\Config"

as IIRC, your personal settings, snap views, options, etc. are stored there.

Comments

DCS Steam and DCS Standalone are almost identical with the exception of a couple of config files that tell DCS which copy protection to use and not to display the 'Module Manager' in Steam (as Steam manages the DLC downloads/updates).

An update via Steam or Module Manager will update files in

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld"

or similar.

It will not touch your DCS settings in

• C:\Users\[uSER NAME]\Saved Games\DCS

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.5.5.34108

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

default.lua

Hi Ramsay,

I've tried that but nothing happen and also numpad look doesn't work either it just gets stuck in the center position. but apperantly Steam Edition seems to touch the default.lua bidings mapping in the game folder i think the updates get DCS world confuesed after updates, i've tried the standalone but i got too many dlc to be worth switching to standalone. But it seems it works on Standalone cause i've tried that too.

Regards

Henrik

headtracker/trackir

Funny thing it works great when i've unbind the headtracker/trackir category then i can use mouse-look mode the middle mousewheel button, but not at the same time and it has to be worked before 2.3 simultaneously binded.

I realy hope that ed could fix this strange behavior on Steam edition.

Kind Regards

Henrik v.E.

I don't know why this thread is in Steam Support, but anyway I'd throw in my observations.

I noticed mouse look being extremely choppy in VR, even at steady 45fps in the CV1. For those wondering, I use it with mouse X/Y and the scroll wheel in combination with LAlt to control the external camera, especially the F11 one. Never had such issues on the screen with TIR (disabled completely for external views), it only was a little choppy sometimes with low fps.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It's because i use the steam edition, that i thought it would fit in this subthread, but i could have wrong.

My issues with free mouse-look mode started from v2.3 somewhere in the middle process and 2.4 and so on...

And the only way i could get to work is to unbind my headtracker/trackir axis. And i would be suprise if it just was me that have this cause.

Kind Regards

Henrik v.E.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if mine is broken but I can't mouse look at all. I'm using a T-Flight HOTAS and CH Pro Pedals.

I can press ALT-C to enter the mouse "Toggle" mode where I can click controls on the cockpit with the yellow cursor, but then if I press ALT-C to exit that mode, and move the mouse around, nothing happens. I don't know how to zoom either (I've tried assigning some bindings to no avail).

I've researched and asked questions and haven't gotten any help. I bought the P-51 and would really like to actually fly it. :(

I don't know if mine is broken but I can't mouse look at all. I'm using a T-Flight HOTAS and CH Pro Pedals.

I can press ALT-C to enter the mouse "Toggle" mode where I can click controls on the cockpit with the yellow cursor, but then if I press ALT-C to exit that mode, and move the mouse around, nothing happens. I don't know how to zoom either (I've tried assigning some bindings to no avail).

I've researched and asked questions and haven't gotten any help. I bought the P-51 and would really like to actually fly it. :(

Double clicking the scroll wheel switches back and forth between clicking-mode and looking-mode. When in the latter, scrolling zooms in and out.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...

It acts exactly as if you have your Numpad 5 (or any other center view assignment) constantly pressed! The quick way around this crap is either to press ESC and go to Adjust Controls then exit or use your joystick view rotate buttons randomly until it frees itself up from the center view. It seems that only with the joystick it works, and not with the view rotate numpad keys. Very weird.

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

I have the same problem as Art-J.

On 12/31/2020 at 6:58 PM, 85th_Maverick said:

It acts exactly as if you have your Numpad 5 (or any other center view assignment) constantly pressed! The quick way around this crap is either to press ESC and go to Adjust Controls then exit or use your joystick view rotate buttons randomly until it frees itself up from the center view. It seems that only with the joystick it works, and not with the view rotate numpad keys. Very weird.

It didn't work.