AJS37 Viggen Road-Map to release

Hello,

I know that this plane is out since a while and that is almost finished, I would really like to have a Road-Map from Heatblur with all the things they think to implement/polish before consider this module out of early access, and, would be also nice to have an estimate date for that.

Hope I will receive an answer, thanks!

Hello,

I know that this plane is out since a while and that is almost finished, I would really like to have a Road-Map from Heatblur with all the things they think to implement/polish before consider this module out of early access, and, would be also nice to have an estimate date for that.

Hope I will receive an answer, thanks!

No! The problem with all the developers is that to love to start working on new modules/projects before they finish the one that they started working on.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

With the frequency ED is doing changes/upgrades it feels like developers have to spend half their time just fixing things that's already implemented.

Rockets where great but then ED "fixed" something with the atmospheric and now they miss.

Lighting was amazing but then ED changes it, yes it looks better in the "world" but it breaks it in the modules so the developers have to redo it.

So as long as DCS is evolving the modules will have to do the same so it's never really going to go out of early access. At least thats my view.

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Aside from visual/audio stuff with the aircraft and minor bugs I believe the Viggen is totally feature complete. I don't think there's anything more to add in terms of weapons features or avionics features.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Aside from visual/audio stuff with the aircraft and minor bugs I believe the Viggen is totally feature complete. I don't think there's anything more to add in terms of weapons features or avionics features.

Correct, but said visual (mainly external) and sound improvements were promised years ago and have to be delivered asap. The in-cockpit pilot model is also very poorly implemented and seems very rushed. Even Razbam does better than this.

Edited by Airhunter

I asked that because I’ve just bought it and even if I read that it is complete finished, IMO (as a new player with <100h), seems a bit lackluster for a module that’s been out for 3/4 years.

I mean, the plane works, but to me doesn’t seems a complete package, for example:

1. I found (by mistake) that a lot a buttons in the cockpit are not clickable, is this normal? (I don’t have that many module).

2. Doing training, already at the second one the Jeep to follow it is bugged (I think) and at one point start doing rally going off-road for like 3 minutes, and at the 3rd one some of the squares overlay that show you in training where to look/push are bugged and don’t go away.

3. This is the most important for me now, I saw no A2A training, yes, I know it is a ground attack plane but if it can load A2A weapons (and even a lot compared to other A2G plane) should be teached, moreover if had payed a lot for it...now it is on sale but it is 60€ module, I mean..it’s more than the price of an entire AAA game.. (disclaimer: I’m not complaining about the price it self, I know they sell just a few, work a lot and need to raise price, that’s not my point). Anyway, YouTube and manual helped as always BUT, I think it has to be there a simple training for A2A. (If for some reasons is there and I didn’t saw it I apologize!)

4. Plus a couple of more little things I’m not even going too list

And these “minor” things come out in just one night in a couple of hours, as a first experience I have to say I’m a bit disappointed, I expected something more polished, am I being too critical?

Yep, like the fact you can click the fuel tank and weapon jettison buttons throught he cover (covers closed), which was reported YEARS ago and seems like a very easy and quick fix.

As for point 3. The Viggen is an AMAZING sneaky interceptor and run stuff down plane. Nothing accelerates or climbs as fast as it.

Yep, like the fact you can click the fuel tank and weapon jettison buttons throught he cover (covers closed), which was reported YEARS ago and seems like a very easy and quick fix.

As for point 3. The Viggen is an AMAZING sneaky interceptor and run stuff down plane. Nothing accelerates or climbs as fast as it.

Well...so a reason more to do a training mission :(

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

To be honest, air to air in the Viggen is straightforward enough (at least procedures wise) that a training mission may be overkill.

I do think all the bomb delivery modes need more though, right now the only tutorial is for CCIP with high drag bombs. Low drag modes like toss or radar bombing definitely need a tutorial.

Correct, but said visual (mainly external) and sound improvements were promised years ago and have to be delivered asap. The in-cockpit pilot model is also very poorly implemented and seems very rushed. Even Razbam does better than this.

The only major exterior improvement in the pipeline is a PBR overhaul - and that was never promised - just our personal wish to implement. It's a bonus, if anything. :)

Sorry you feel that way about the pilot, but there are changes coming- harness and leg movement in particular.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

For the Viggen I'm pretty satisfied, there are a few areas in the cockpit I don't like - such as non-clickable buttons (even if right now they don't do much) there's also properly implementing the radio presets.

As for issues, the sound is getting overhauled, and it is being switched to PBR, and the exterior lights are getting a fix (right now in the 2.5.5 and 2.5.6 stable they are completely borked).

One thing that did disappoint me is the fact that some weapons on certain pylons clip the doors for the landing gear something I reported nearly 3 years ago.

Other than that there are things like being able to change the number on the tail (the same wish extends for the Tomcat's side number).

That said, I still consider the Viggen to be an amazing, fun and fitting module for DCS :thumbup:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

There's still a lot missig, mostly bugs, but also entire features missing. To name af few:

Some other issues that probably still exist as well, although I haven't been able to test them lately:

Neither of this are complete lists, just some examples of what is still missing.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The only major exterior improvement in the pipeline is a PBR overhaul - and that was never promised - just our personal wish to implement. It's a bonus, if anything. :)

Sorry you feel that way about the pilot, but there are changes coming- harness and leg movement in particular.

I would like to hear that you will not abound this plane for the F-14, not before at least common bugs are addressed. Not asking for new features or fancy stuff, but yeah..I own the module just for a couple of days and found lots of little stupid things that ruin immersion..

Buttons not clickable, buttons clickable through the glass cover, the number “3” missing on the radio (watched a video from 2018 and was still missing, come on..2 years for little texture? You are not even trying...) and, don’t know if it’s me or not, but clicking IFFs buttons will immediately crash the game..

And others things that most experience user than me listed..

Please, it is a good and fun plane, and IMO doesn’t need all that much works..just a couple of “Fix updates”..really hope you will address this major issue.

For the Viggen I'm pretty satisfied, there are a few areas in the cockpit I don't like - such as non-clickable buttons (even if right now they don't do much) there's also properly implementing the radio presets.

As for issues, the sound is getting overhauled, and it is being switched to PBR, and the exterior lights are getting a fix (right now in the 2.5.5 and 2.5.6 stable they are completely borked).

One thing that did disappoint me is the fact that some weapons on certain pylons clip the doors for the landing gear something I reported nearly 3 years ago.

Other than that there are things like being able to change the number on the tail (the same wish extends for the Tomcat's side number).

That said, I still consider the Viggen to be an amazing, fun and fitting module for DCS :thumbup:

The bort number isn't a huge deal if they include some more stock liveries. I actually prefer the "baked" in bort numbers since those look much better and cause less issues.

There's still a lot missig, mostly bugs, but also entire features missing. To name af few:

Some other issues that probably still exist as well, although I haven't been able to test them lately:

Neither of this are complete lists, just some examples of what is still missing.

Last time I checked the brightness and contrast controls were working for a long time (via keybinds). The BK90 is mostly fixed by now or is working according to the game engine's limitations. It's still an unpowered glide bomb and has a 9-10km standoff range at best (wonder why you cant shoot it from higher up and farther though).

Last time I checked the brightness and contrast controls were working for a long time (via keybinds).

Well that's the point, the actual knobs in the cockpit are not working or don't even exist! The manual tells you that there is a knob to set the brightness for the EP-13 that doesn't even exist in the DCS Viggen...

The BK90 is mostly fixed by now or is working according to the game engine's limitations. It's still an unpowered glide bomb and has a 9-10km standoff range at best (wonder why you cant shoot it from higher up and farther though).

If the game engine doesn't allow for variable flight altitude of a glide/cruise weapon, then this engine has a serious issue for a flight sim engine. In that case the respective descriptions in the Viggen manual should be updated accordingly to tell the reader that this feature doesn't exist in the sim (anymore), because right now it tells you that you can set the altitude and how to do that, but it doesn't work. That's pretty confusing to say the least...

Besides that I also got the impression, that the pattern codes for the BK90 don't work atm. At least that's how it looked like when I used it lately, but that was during combat missions, so I will have to verify that first with some dedicated tests.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

the bk90 altitude is an old issue and cobra have already explained for a lot of time. And it is not very annoying if you are not using it in mountains. The annoying thing for bk90 is that the in range indicator on the hud is quite shorter than the actual range.

And what he said in that regard?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

The bk90 is integrated into the dcs(ed's) dispenser munition system. And in this system, you just cannot alter the flying height of bk90s. At the very early time, when I bought the viggen, the bk90 actually released independent submunitions, at that time, the height could be changed. And there were a major change for bk90(about 1.5 years before?) and the thing was settled like now. Basically it's ed's fault ; )

Like the problem with anti ship missile. the missile will self destruct if the launcher plane is killed. It happens because the dcs system is drawing back.

The bk90 is integrated into the dcs(ed's) dispenser munition system. And in this system, you just cannot alter the flying height of bk90s. At the very early time, when I bought the viggen, the bk90 actually released independent submunitions, at that time, the height could be changed. And there were a major change for bk90(about 1.5 years before?) and the thing was settled like now. Basically it's ed's fault ; )

Like the problem with anti ship missile. the missile will self destruct if the launcher plane is killed. It happens because the dcs system is drawing back.

I don't doubt that. All I'm saying is, that if they can't fix it, they should change the manually accordingy, as it still tells you that you can change the BK90 altitude, which is incredible confusing, especially to new guys.

Tornado3 small.jpg