GTX 1080 + HTV Vive issues

Madeyes

Any VR guys who use a 1080? I have the opportunity to buy 1 second hand. However I installed it & I have a couple of issues. Firstly my FPS is fixed at 30 so I cannot tell how much of an improvement it is. Secondly I keep getting weird distortions when I look around. It’s almost as if I’m looking thru water of wet glass. Any setting for the Vive with the 1080 would be much appreciated.

Any VR guys who use a 1080? I have the opportunity to buy 1 second hand. However I installed it & I have a couple of issues. Firstly my FPS is fixed at 30 so I cannot tell how much of an improvement it is. Secondly I keep getting weird distortions when I look around. It’s almost as if I’m looking thru water of wet glass. Any setting for the Vive with the 1080 would be much appreciated.

What module? Sounds like motion smoothing, though you shouldn't be locked at 30 fps but 45, and any lower will cause big distortions. Are you sure its locked at 30?

MS will always create some artifacts but I only really get them to the point where its distracting on the spitfire, but its very much personal preference, atifacts are still there with other modules just not in my face, and so I can ignore them. I will still see distortions from time to time, but for me its a happy trade off for better graphic settings, and much smoother performance.

Go into steam VR settings, go to applications and then disable it and see if its any better for you.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

It’s on the Harrier & hornet so far.

It’s not a steam version.

When I turned the setting right down it made 45 FPS but not for long. It’s shifts from 30 to 45 but nowhere inbeween.

When I put the settings back up it’s just 30fps.

So I turn off motion smoothing?