DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Valentines DCS update :cheer3nc:

... thats better then 100 cards in the post !

My uneducated guess is that quite some wives will appreciate that a lot today... icon_redface.gif

Well, I've got that covered icon_exclaim.gif

large.png

So I can spend some time flying after the cake'n'cuddles and see what the update brings princess_celestia.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Dont worry I have valentines day covered :)

Patch is going to be a large one, so will be a little later in the day than usual, as soon as we are ready we will post the patch notes.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am a software developer, so believe me, the release day is hell for everyone involved, including people who have to deal with the angry mob that does not comprehend nor appreciate the work involved.

By "big" he means that the patch has many changes and not its size in MB :) (It can still be big in size but that is not the cause that ED is delaying the release, unless ED has bad internet :D).

Ah but you didnt know that, big is a very generic word, I was fishing. Size with a DCS patch means terrain because all of the texture files. Generally code is tiny in comparison, the bible is <1MB. But one texture will be more in size, so, hence the guess was on.

And I'm aware how software is compiled and that process will take longer if there are more files to pack in size purely. as the rate is based on disk speed as a bottleneck before the CPU.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Also, It is the logistics of the whole release cycle.

Examples:

• Build the release -> Let's test the Auto Updater -> we need to check everything deployed using the auto-update -> after 5 hours of testing -> oops there is a missing file causing this bug -> OK let's fix that -> build -> update -> test again.

• Ok everything works with the auto updater -> Let's release to everybody -> waaaaaaaaait -> I was trying the DDI on F18 and in mode -> sub mode -> sub mode -> the Step button is not working and it passed QA -> OK stop the release -> fix -> build -> test

• We just fixed a major last-minute bug (A bug that will upset the large group of players specialized in landing Mig-21 inverted on a carrier), and we would want it in the release -> OK, stop the release -> merge the fix -> build -> test -> ..

It is usually a chaotic period. Especially for big releases with many changes to test because there is a bigger chance of breaking other stuff. It became a significant release because there is a big change that affects many different things or conflicts with other tasks, and these need to be changed to support the new code. Also, ED has 3rd party developers, which makes things more complicated.

Maybe I am mistaken, but it is usually the case.

Edited by kariem2k

• ED Team

Yes it is a busy day for the team and we are making final checks.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is this the Patch Notes thread?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

On this Valentines Day show ED some love!

giphy.gif

Thank you for the up coming patch!

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The hard work is appreciated. Thank you.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Is this the Patch Notes thread?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

No, this is the Patch Notes Discussion thread as the title clearly states.

Patch Notes thread is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200724

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The heck with all this. I want to go back to LoMac (pre-Flaming Cliffs)!

Ha ha, and ha ha!:P

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Looking forward to seeing the improvements with the Persian Gulf map.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No improvement to the F-16s completely fubar radar with JHMCS on or elevation changed?

No launch zone indicator for the AIM-9 there either?

No TPOD bugfixes?

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

No improvement to the F-16s completely fubar radar with JHMCS on or elevation changed?

No launch zone indicator for the AIM-9 there either?

No TPOD bugfixes?

No finished external model or new skins either unfortunately. Ah well, at least the gunsight works now, hopefully some bigger F-16 updates are in the pipeline.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No finished external model or new skins either unfortunately. Ah well, at least the gunsight works now, hopefully some bigger F-16 updates are in the pipeline.

Maybe they fixed some things that didn't find mentioning in the changelogs ..

If not .. I would be very disappointed for the timescale of the update .. :-(

And the award of quickest whine after the patch notes dropped but the update is not even live yet goes to

I am hoping that it's just things that didn't find mentioning, and since I can't try it out now, or later. I'd be glad if you (or someone else) could provide an update on that. That was the intention of my three questions.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Dont worry I have valentines day covered :)

Patch is going to be a large one, so will be a little later in the day than usual, as soon as we are ready we will post the patch notes.

thanks

:thumbup:

Really Appreciate you keeping us up to date:thumbup: Thank You!!!

1753-D695-ED8-D-44-D4-80-B0-EE139-F1-E3-BE7.gif

Patrick

mini.gif

A-10C, FC3 and BS2 modules migrated to ED DRM protection

Finally :D ... nice, nice, nice.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The lightning improvement seems to be related to terrain ONLY ?

No change in the visibility of e.g. Anti-Collision lights? Oh dear:cry:

I hope that's just missing in the patch notes....

Edit: wait wait wait @jafergon: My question above is because of the change-log, there is no patch released yet, that's why I hope it is just not documented.

After watching the 2020 trailer I had "slightly" BIG expectation regarding the lightning!

Edited by kreisch

The lightning improvement seems to be related to terrain ONLY ?

No change in the visibility of e.g. Anti-Collision lights? Oh dear:cry:

I hope that's just missing in the patch notes....

I hope there are non documented features like that or some more lighting improvements are coming later down the road. In the screenshots posted a couple of weeks ago of the searchlights I noticed that the stars were brighter than they are currently in the game. We will find out later today. Anyways, thanks for the update!