DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Next update will be in the early part of February, we are preparing 2.5.6 at the moment and will share news and progress with you all soon.

thanks

Will stable get one last shot of love before rollout of 2.5.6 for OB, or will it be another couple weeks for us?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aka two weeks™ aka soon™

Kinda reminds me of when I was in the army: what's the seating capacity of any military vehicle? "One more"!

Didn't matter if you had people sitting on top of people sitting on people, you can always squeeze in another.

Frankly most of the time I'm not concerned when updates hit stable. When they come, they come

I just wanna fly my Jeff, and I'm sure by now it's established there's no game-breaking bugs.

They gave us a little tease before, and my module manager has been rubbing it in ever since, alerting me all the time that the Jeff is ready for install

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Any particular reason the update to stable is lagging so far behind the update to the Open beta this time?

Are there genuinely significant bug issues that have been discovered in OB? Or is it just a lack of urgency in pushing it out to stable?

Regardless of the fact that in MP (a tiny minority of DCS play) open beta has become the de facto release of choice for users...there is a clue in the name "Beta"

ED should remember that "stable" is the official version and should be fully supported...

Airbag_signatur.png

• ED Team
Any particular reason the update to stable is lagging so far behind the update to the Open beta this time?

Are there genuinely significant bug issues that have been discovered in OB? Or is it just a lack of urgency in pushing it out to stable?

Regardless of the fact that in MP (a tiny minority of DCS play) open beta has become the de facto release of choice for users...there is a clue in the name "Beta"

ED should remember that "stable" is the official version and should be fully supported...

We had the xmas and new year break for the team which was until the the second week in January.

We can not update the stable version until we have an update, which is planned first for the open beta in the first half of February, we are preparing 2.5.6. and it can not be rushed.

Only then we will start planning for the stable update, so we would ask you to be patient.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Jason, both versions are official. Both have their reasons to exist. There's been barely two weeks from last OB update. I wouldn't call that much lagging behind. Being on the stable version you shouldn't expect frequent updates and what and when comes to OB should not concern you. If you are not patient enough consider moving to OB. You might have biased view of what is DCS Open Beta - maybe from experience with other software.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

[...], we are preparing 2.5.6. and it can not be rushed.

:thumbup: Good decision!

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Being on the stable version you shouldn't expect frequent updates and what and when comes to OB should not concern you. If you are not patient enough consider moving to OB. You might have biased view of what is DCS Open Beta - maybe from experience with other software.

The last Open Beta pushed out a number of bug fixes to a DLC Campaign I recently purchased from ED...What is the commercial justification for only making those bug-fixes available to users on Open Beta and not making them available to users on the stable version, who presumably paid exactly the same for the DLC?

What's impatient about that?

IF, ED consider Open Beta to be the default version of DCS that all users should be on, then why run the two installations in parallel? Why not simply have DCS 2.5xxxxx

Airbag_signatur.png

The last Open Beta pushed out a number of bug fixes to a DLC Campaign I recently purchased from ED...What is the commercial justification for only making those bug-fixes available to users on Open Beta and not making them available to users on the stable version, who presumably paid exactly the same for the DLC?

What's impatient about that?

IF, ED consider Open Beta to be the default version of DCS that all users should be on, then why run the two installations in parallel? Why not simply have DCS 2.5xxxxx

Seriously? Why don't just run the OB version and save yourself all this grief. In the event of there being some show-stopping bug in it for you, then it is a very simple task to go back to the 'stable' version.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Seriously? Why don't just run the OB version and save yourself all this grief.

If the word from ED is that OpenBeta is the default user version and receives preferential support/Bugfixes for purchased modules/DLC, whilst Stable is a legacy version that will receive support/Bugfixes on a low-priority basis then thats exactly what i'll do...

Is that the case ED?

Airbag_signatur.png

If the word from ED is that OpenBeta is the default user version and receives preferential support/Bugfixes for purchased modules/DLC, whilst Stable is a legacy version that will receive support/Bugfixes on a low-priority basis then thats exactly what i'll do...

Is that the case ED?

No, that's not the case, but the OB will get updates more often and more frequently and before the Stable, because that's the very purpose of a Beta: To test new versions and make sure they're not causing issues.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There's no better or default version. There are both to choose from.

Examples that actually happen a lot:

Case 1: OB can make some AI behaviour that make campaign unplayable. Better keep the stable.

Case 2: OB fixes some AI or campaign. Better use OB.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222881

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Jasonbirder, ED work on bug fixes, there are thousands of combinations of computer setups used by people that play DCS. So what works on the ED systems might not work on the thousands of different setups of users computers. So the bug fixes and patches get brought out to the open beta, people who have the open beta are willing to share what works and what doesn't, so then ED can go back and remedy what isn't working, then send it to open beta again. When everything gets ironed out, it then gets brought out in the stable version. So you could get 3 or 4 updates to the open beta, to just one update to the stable version

So if you want bug free gaming stick to the stable, if you want updates as soon as they are released, get the open beta. You choose what you want, simple as that.

GigabyteZ390, 9900K, RTX2080, 32 gig RAM,TM Warthog, Cessna Pro Pedals, Pico 4

• ED Team

Hi all

Please keep this thread for discussing patch notes.

The stable version update cycle is less frequent than open beta, both versions can be used it is up to the user to make that choice.

I will close the thread now before we get pages of off topic.

As soon as we have news about the next patch we will re-open this thread

Next open beta patch is planned for early February

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Dear all,

While we had planned for a DCS World 2.5.6 Open Beta release this week, but we are still waiting on updating a couple of 3rd party aircraft to the new version, and we want a few more days to make sure new items like the Viper radar-directed gun sight and new pointing modes for the Hornet targeting pod are ready.

Thank you for your patience.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Its totally ok! A few more minutes in the oven, is starting to smell good

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

+1 :thumbup:

I don't have time to play DCS anyways, i'm busy watching GlowingAmraam's latest masterpiece again and again! :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thanks for the info. Apreciate it! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Dear all,

While we had planned for a DCS World 2.5.6 Open Beta release this week, but we are still waiting on updating a couple of 3rd party aircraft to the new version, and we want a few more days to make sure new items like the Viper radar-directed gun sight and new pointing modes for the Hornet targeting pod are ready.

Thank you for your patience.

I am beyond angry with ED and am totally let down by the entire DCS franchise and related 3rd parties.....said nobody ever! :megalol:

Carry on! :thumbup: