If it's a Zero, the Rufe should be included

Basically the same aircraft, but with floats.

The only complication I see is DCS physics. Are floatplanes actually possible? Or does a plane automatically crash on any attempt to land (water?) at sea?

It would be a shame if there is some silly piece of engine hardcoding in the way. Floatplanes and flying boats are awesome, and it would open the door to some crazy planes down the line.

EDIT: I wanted to fly an Emily the first time I saw that crazy thing in a game, knowing nothing about planes or even WW2. It's epic. (And at least one is intact!)

EDIT2: Also, the duck mentioned by Leatherneck? Maybe I'm on to something here...

Edited by Alexander Seil

Are floatplanes actually possible? Or does a plane automatically crash on any attempt to land (water?) at sea?
Water collisions can be detected entirely in the EFM code and all water interaction physics can be simulated there too. I had a working proof of concept but I never got around to using it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Given how dodgy ground handling is in DCS, I suspect water handling would be disappointing at best without some major code revisions on ED's part. It is certainly possible to do though. RoF added seaplanes a couple years ago and really nailed it, I'm sure ED could do the same if they put the effort in to make it happen.

I think a more realistic request would be to have a line of zeroes. The A6M2, A6M3, A6M3 clipped wing and A6M5 are all very similar with only modest changes between them. That said, I'm not convinced we are getting a zero yet. It appears to be one of several possibilities.