MagzTV Phoenix

aileron

Can not faster as mach 1.1 with afterburner at 36000 ft ? :O

Edited by Mking

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Its real ? No more mach 1.1 with afterburner at 36000 ft ? :O

I don't understand this question? What seems to be the problem?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

For some reason, in the videos released so far, they never drop the drop tanks when trying to go fast... That is certainly holding it back.

Does the Tomcat have that ability?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Does the Tomcat have that ability?

Yes, but if you jettison your drop tanks your squadron will soon run out of tanks. :)

You can still reach Mach 1.8ish at 30,000’ even with drop tanks and pallets, so they don’t have a huge performance impact on their own. The operational need favors keeping them for future use instead of dropping them.

-Nick

Yes, but if you jettison your drop tanks your squadron will soon run out of tanks. :)

You can still reach Mach 1.8ish at 30,000’ even with drop tanks and pallets, so they don’t have a huge performance impact on their own. The operational need favors keeping them for future use instead of dropping them.

-Nick

Good to know. Thanks

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

While I like content creators getting access early to cover the module can we make sure the info is accurate

Unless I'm misunderstanding the description of using the aim54 magz is suggesting the missile will go active 2nm after launch

It won't do this unless you voluntarily drop lock in the f14? It should be going active at about 10nm from target.

2nm parameter is more like a minimum range if launching close in you need a couple of miles for it to go active

Confirm deny ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

-Nick

I was wondering about the speed as well and placed a comment about this below the video... might need some look at, but again, this isn't finished yet and things are subject to change. We might spot bugs or things that just aren't right yet twilightsmile.png

Stores and racks drag seems to quite an issue in DCS if you just take a look at the Hornet, ie: 4 BRU-33s with LAU-61, pods dropped, max speed under M 1.2, same racks with Mk.83, bombs dropped, max speed like M 2.0, both planes with just 4 racks and no ordnance on it, just different ones before they've been dropped... so this needs a lot of fine tuning and most probably an overhaul of how it generally works.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Stores and racks drag seems to quite an issue in DCS if you just take a look at the Hornet, ie: 4 BRU-33s with LAU-61, pods dropped, max speed under M 1.2, same racks with Mk.83, bombs dropped, max speed like M 2.0, both planes with just 4 racks and no ordnance on it, just different ones before they've been dropped... so this needs a lot of fine tuning and most probably an overhaul of how it generally works.

The hornet isn't capable of M 2.0, don't know what Hornet you're flying to achieve that. :lol:

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

While I like content creators getting access early to cover the module can we make sure the info is accurate

Unless I'm misunderstanding the description of using the aim54 magz is suggesting the missile will go active 2nm after launch

It won't do this unless you voluntarily drop lock in the f14? It should be going active at about 10nm from target.

2nm parameter is more like a minimum range if launching close in you need a couple of miles for it to go active

Confirm deny ?

Good post. :thumbup: I agree that Magz got this part wrong.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

The hornet isn't capable of M 2.0, don't know what Hornet you're flying to achieve that. :lol:

The one in DCS. There've been threads about this issue long ago (ED is aware of). I was able to achieve this without diving from above... loadout was 4x 6 BDU-33 and 2x Mk.82. Dropped the stores, left the racks. Go try it and be amazed if you feel the need... dealwithit.png

1211933932_DCS2018-11-1804-04-34-46.thumb.jpg.fad31fbd6ea2e3a78fb55fc4141b9e7f.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The one in DCS. There've been threads about this issue long ago (ED is aware of). I was able to achieve this without diving from above... loadout was 4x 6 BDU-33 and 2x Mk.82. Dropped the stores, left the racks. Go try it and be amazed if you feel the need... dealwithit.png

Gotta love that negative drag!:lol:

Jabbers seems to have no problem getting the Cat going quickly.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Confirm deny ?

As shown in my AIM-54 analysis videos, it goes active at about 7.5-10nm away from the target. As far as I understand it, in the real jet, the RIO can choose when it goes active, but in DCS the game engine does it, and as far as i know HB does not have control over this.

As far as content creators go, speaking for myself, I try to be as accurate as possible, but hey... sometimes things get fouled up. Good content creators will acknowledge these issues and either correct them or make sure to double check related facts next time. Shit happens, move along ;)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

As shown in my AIM-54 analysis videos, it goes active at about 7.5-10nm away from the target. As far as I understand it, in the real jet, the RIO can choose when it goes active, but in DCS the game engine does it, and as far as i know HB does not have control over this.

My understanding is that the AIM-54 will go active when the predicted TTI reaches 16 seconds. I think there may be some circumstances however (in the real jet), in which AWG-9 illumination is required all the way to impact.

My understanding is that the AIM-54 will go active when the predicted TTI reaches 16 seconds. I think there may be some circumstances however (in the real jet), in which AWG-9 illumination is required all the way to impact.

Do you have any source for those 16 seconds? Would be interesting to know as we've not found that number thus far.

And yes, when launched in STT the AIM-54 will be SARH only so needs illumination all the way.

How far we can implement this in DCS depends a little bit on functionality within DCS itself that is still being worked on.

Do you have any source for those 16 seconds? Would be interesting to know as we've not found that number thus far.

And yes, when launched in STT the AIM-54 will be SARH only so needs illumination all the way.

How far we can implement this in DCS depends a little bit on functionality within DCS itself that is still being worked on.

Hi Naquali

My source is a 1980 - 1983 manual or more appropriate description would be student workbook, on the AWG-9 and it's modes of operation.

It makes no sense that it would use TTI to decide when to go active. If the target is flying towards the missile then 16 seconds could mean that it would be very far away and on the other end if the missile is chasing a fast moving target the TTI could be 16 seconds even if the target is very close.

Unless it is an electrical thing, maybe the battery in the missile is only big enough to power the onboard radar for 16 seconds?

I guess I don't really know and it could be anything...

It makes no sense that it would use TTI to decide when to go active. If the target is flying towards the missile then 16 seconds could mean that it would be very far away and on the other end if the missile is chasing a fast moving target the TTI could be 16 seconds even if the target is very close.

Unless it is an electrical thing, maybe the battery in the missile is only big enough to power the onboard radar for 16 seconds?

I guess I don't really know and it could be anything...

Tenkom, yes that's my interpretation. There's only enough power for 'x' number of seconds of radar illumination, however I'd think the actual figure is greater than 16 seconds to provide a cushion.

Probably a battery thing yes, but it isn't the missile deciding to go active, the AWG-9 has to tell it to. The AIM-54 doesn't decide to go active by itself unlike the AIM-120 in DCS.

We're still waiting on functionality in DCS to model that fact though.

@Blaze1, you wouldn't happen to be able to take an image of any details on those 16 secs and pm me? Would be something we could actually use as our documentation isn't as specific.