Troops embark broken... Again? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
Grajo

Question Troops embark broken... Again?

Hi,

Anybody having this issue? since the latest update:

Embark seems not to work anymore.

Troops get close to Mi-8 but they do not embark . (tried opening cargo and side door , just in case...)

Anybody experienced this also?

Thanks
Grajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #2
Andy1966

I experienced something that resembles what you are describing last week. I thought it was something I did wrong. I will try to fly it and post a track later when I get home.
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:23 PM   #3
Gizzy

Current Beta it works fine... SP of course.

Ensure on the Client helo that the advanced waypoint embarking and associated troops is enabled and added at spawn point NOT at any waypoint.... if you do that the troops will not load.

Of course with troops you put the embarking WP at the WP required.

Far too many DCS modules, a black box full of expensive
gizmos, more controllers and buttons than the space shuttle,
a face mask and a big TV!
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #4
thrustvector

funny not working for me in SP, guys just run round in circles that before the patch would get in
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:24 AM   #5
Andy1966

Hi, I just flew this mission a few times. the troops won't embark,one time they almost did it, but stopped and just stood there. It is kind of a complicated mission as we fly it online in our squad. it may be worth a bug report. you will see I am still trying to figure out the cargo in zone trigger, and is unrelated to this issue. here is 2 tracks and the mission file:
Attached Files
File Type: miz Sling loading .miz (347.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: trk Embarking test 01 .trk (1.78 MB, 7 views)
File Type: trk Embarking test .trk (512.9 KB, 5 views)
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:21 AM   #6
Grajo

Ok. After several tests here my 2 cents.

Is clear that the system to load troops has changed again. The mission that was working a couple of weeks ago, does not work anymore.

Troops needed to have advanced waypoint embark, but there was no need to setup anything in the Client/player Mi-8, not even to set where the troops needed to embark in. Gave them the command to embark or disembark and they were doing just fine, even they were going to specific waypoints after being deployed and performing other tasks if needed. This was ideal as there were 2 different tasks, both Rescue, and there were no waypoints sets for the mission Client/Player Helo. This way there was a good free will about what to do first.

Now, that this setup does not work, seems that I can not avoid setting waypoints for the Player to embark/disembark specific troops.

Here is the problem I found so far, after several tests:

Using waypoint system and adding the Unit to be picked up and doing it so with Unit itself, does only work when Helo is in SP waypoint (First waypoint before taking off). If we try to embark, for example, in the player's waypoint 1, Unit/troops will approach the Mi-8 but won't embark.

I understand the latest patch has correct some issue about differences between the number of troops loaded and deployed in some cases. But is a pity that the system has changed again because before it was working like a charm.

I have been editing the same mission during months and working around the way I was embarking and disembarking my troops already 3 times because the updates have broken the way it was working before.

Last edited by Grajo; 02-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #7
Gizzy

I can only reiterate that embarking and dismbarking in SP is working fine PROVIDING you have the Advanced Waypoints set up correctly.

Set the AWpt on the helo at spawn not at a WP and set the troops you want to pick up and yes it will handle multiple groups.

Set the Troop AWpt on a WP. set the AC type and distance radius from AWpt to pick up troops.

If your troops run towards the aircraft and do not get in check you put the AWpt to embark at the AC spawn point and NOT at a WP.

Simple miz attached. Pick up the troops by the truck and drop off further west along the runway somewhere the end... they will disembark and continue along their merry path of WPs.
Attached Files
File Type: miz test.miz (8.0 KB, 9 views)

Old 02-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
Grajo

Thumbs up

Thanks, Gizzy for taking the time to prepare an example mission and share it with us .

I have applied the method to Mi-8 loading multiple units in different waypoints and does work great, as you say, they keep going with their next waypoints and duties after being deployed anywhere, what is key. Also, they do not need to have a specific Helo assigned to pick them up what is good too.

Best thing is that Players/Client Mi-8 does not need any waypoints !!! Just adding and embark advanced waypoint command in the spawn point and adding all the units you will like to pick up during the mission to it's list makes the trick. Really simple and working method.

Here a couple of question Gizzy; Has this method been consistent for you during the last year until now? Would this work in a Multiplayer Coop?

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciate it!
Old 02-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #9
Gizzy

de nada...

I do not know whether how this has been working over the past year.... I never use it except in B Coy 229th SP training missions demonstrating weight gain / loss with troop embark / disembark.

No, unfortunately it does not work in MP, never really has, whether it ever will I do not know...

Old 02-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #10
Grajo

Muchas Gracias Gizzy, for your quick feedback.

Hope that this works in Multiplayer at some point .

Last edited by Grajo; 02-09-2019 at 12:38 PM.