How it Works: Mi-8 Fire Protection System - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 AM   #11
alfredo_laredo

Excelent Post.. thanks! We want more!! =)
alfredo_laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:14 AM   #12
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJohnxx View Post
I guess the 4 buttons to fire the primary bottle serve as a backup (i.e. If it isn't fired automatically (not sure how far thats possible though)) and they might possibly also be used in a case where there could be the signs for a fire in a specific apartment (smoke?), without the fire warning having been trighered yet.
Like you said, if the system is working, it will fire off the first bottle automatically. You could fire it off manually if you know there is a fire but for some reason the bottle didn't go off, but the primary use of the 4 main bottle buttons is to test the system. For example, there is a test where you disconnect the squibs from the fire bottles and connect the squibs to a multimeter, then push the buttons and make sure you get voltage to the squibs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterlund21 View Post
Alpha you did a fantastic job on this documentation. I hope you can continue to do this for other sub systems in this bird. IE Weapons system, Radio and or nav systems etc. Great Reference!!!
I appreciate the confidence, but keep in mind that I did this documentation as part of my real life my job to help train new mechanics. I have no access to to weapon system documentation, and where I work, we only use American radios (ARC-210, Bendix King, etc.) and nav systems (Garmin GPS and Universal FMS).
AlphaOneSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #13
Vectury

Wow, I'm impressed Alpha! Good job!

EDIT: Finally I understand the complex workings of the Fire Ext system in the Mi-8

Spoiler:

-- i7 4790K
-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC
-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger
-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10
-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2
-- Corsair RM850
-- Corsair 760T White
-- Windows 10

Last edited by Vectury; 10-29-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Vectury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #14
Jacks

Wow, very impressive!
System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #15
alfredo_laredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOneSix View Post
Like you said, if the system is working, it will fire off the first bottle automatically. You could fire it off manually if you know there is a fire but for some reason the bottle didn't go off, but the primary use of the 4 main bottle buttons is to test the system. For example, there is a test where you disconnect the squibs from the fire bottles and connect the squibs to a multimeter, then push the buttons and make sure you get voltage to the squibs.

I appreciate the confidence, but keep in mind that I did this documentation as part of my real life my job to help train new mechanics. I have no access to to weapon system documentation, and where I work, we only use American radios (ARC-210, Bendix King, etc.) and nav systems (Garmin GPS and Universal FMS).
Thanks again! I think this systems needs tutorials
Fuel System!!!
Electrical System
and Maybe Hydraulic
Old 10-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #16
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Yep, I have all of those.

EDIT: Well, I never actually finished the electrical system, but that's okay because my documentation is for an Mi-17V-5 or Mi-8AMT series, which has a slightly different electrical system.

Last edited by AlphaOneSix; 10-29-2015 at 09:53 PM.
AlphaOneSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:48 PM   #17
gospadin
ED Testers Team

Quote:
So where's your systems & texture mod to support the ARC-210 version 4 in our Hip?

I'm waiting patiently...

gospadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #18
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
It may be more information than most of you are interested in, but I think that anyone interested in how this system works will find it useful.
Guilty on all accounts.

I guess I won't be able to memorize all that information, but it's a great overview, thx a lot for sharing!
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:02 AM   #19
Jacks

Sadly Doppler probably needs adding to that list!
System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:17 AM   #20
alfredo_laredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Sadly Doppler probably needs adding to that list!
Dont think they are still using the doppler, at least the Mexican Navy and Army upgraded to the good old GPS