Checklist reading and Crew Procedures - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #1
Holton181

Default Checklist reading and Crew Procedures

So, from what I've found searching, its been roughly a year since any discussion regarding the checklist reading and crew procedures voice overs took place.
A lot of things related to checklist reading and crew procedures voice overs have been removed completely from the 'Mi-8MTV2' folder so I get the feeling this feature has been scrapped all together without a word from the devs.
Anyone have any insight on this?
A secondary question is if anyone got the crew procedures to work in any version? I can get the checklist reading to work in 1.5.7 but not the crew procedure, or I'm doing something wrong.

Just because the challenge...

I have compared the 'default.lua' files for joystick and keyboard in DCS 1.5.7 and 2.5.2, and they are very similar, except that the part with crew commands are entirely gone from the 2.5.2 files. The same goes for the 'devices.lua' and 'device_init.lua'. Also the files 'Checklist.lua' and 'CrewProcedures.lua' gone from 'Devices_specs' 2.5.2.

The audio files seems to be still present, but copying the corresponding code from the 1.5.7 'default.lua', 'devices.lua' and 'device_init.lua' and restoring 'Checklist.lua' and 'CrewProcedures.lua' doesn't enable it again.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
Holton181

No-one??
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 02-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
sLYFa

I am also curious what happened to the checklist. No mention on the russian forums either...
EDIT: I found this post. It says that the crew feature is being improved and is deactivated for now. No info on ETA though

Last edited by sLYFa; 02-05-2019 at 03:25 PM.
sLYFa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLYFa View Post
I am also curious what happened to the checklist. No mention on the russian forums either...
EDIT: I found this post. It says that the crew feature is being improved and is deactivated for now. No info on ETA though
Thanks. Is it an official statement, do you know?
It's a pity quite a lot information given by developers are only available on the Russian forum, seldom passed over to us here (thanks for doing it this time sLYFa). I suspect some info are exclusively given here in the English forum too, but not close as much.
One may say whatever about it, but English is somewhat the international language when it comes to these things, no matter how many having another native language. Quite a lot more Russians speak/read English, while not so many outside Russia speak/read Russian.
Just to make clear, I'm not an native English speaker either.
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 02-05-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
Crimson_Ghost138

Hi, i just discovered that in the Oilfield Campaign you get a Checklist/Start-Up Feature, as your Co-Pilot is commenting your actions while you are starting up the bird

Pretty nice and maybe it´s possible to transfer this to other missions as well?? We have to ask the designer of the campaign first, of course, but its a good thing to have for now!
Crimson_Ghost138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #6
sLYFa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton181 View Post
Thanks. Is it an official statement, do you know?
The post is not from an ED member but from SL PAK who is credited in the manual for creating the training missions. I suppose he has some more insight than a "normal" forum user. I totally agree on the lack of communication on the english forums for russian planes but then again, this wasn´t really announced on the russian forums either so I had to dig a little to find that post. Belsimtek had always a habit of not communicating much about their projects on this forum, both in the english and russian sections. That apparently didn´t change much with the ED/BST merge. However, I remember regular posting in the Mi-8 News thread by BST members, which was basically a copy of what was posted in the russian version of the same thread, so you have to give them that. I hope they bring back that feature soone then later because it really adds to the immersion of properly flying the hip IMHO.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:41 AM   #7
Holton181

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLYFa View Post
The post is not from an ED member but from SL PAK who is credited in the manual for creating the training missions. I suppose he has some more insight than a "normal" forum user.
I guess he has. Thanks a lot!
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Old 02-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #8
thrustvector

it would be great to get this back into the "8" the immersion alone would be sooo cool
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #9
rge75

It would also be nice if triggers could be (easily) copied from one mision to another. I once created the triggers for a mission on Caucasus (all I'd need would be better voice overs). However, if you want it for PG or another map, you have to do it from scratch again (or do some copy/paste stuff within the miz files afaik) which is quite annoying.

Also, if you want it for MP/several Mi-8, it would mean creating the triggers for each aircraft...

so best of course would be if it would simply be implemented (maybe with a general option to turn it on/off).

Last edited by rge75; 02-08-2019 at 09:37 AM.
rge75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
checklist, crew procedures, voice over