red sensor on left side? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #21
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNL View Post
Sooo... that one had a Geigercounter on board? xD I guess I understand why the next model had a different system, as with the old model when they'd fly through a radioactive freezing area, the ice warning wouldn't appear? (dangerous)
If the ice itself was radioactive then I suppose they wouldn't get a warning, other than the visual one, along with other evidence that ice buildup could be occurring. But that scenario takes an awful lot of "what ifs" to get to.

Quote:
Damn! how many hours did it take you?
That particular system probably took me 5 days, roughly. Maybe 20-30 hours of actual work.

Quote:
Thanks! Somehow this gives me the impression that he himself isn't american, but more likely former soviet? (As Mi-8 originates from UDSSR times) That'd be awesome
I'm very American. The Mi-8/17 is everywhere.
AlphaOneSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #22
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Thanks again AlphaOneSix!
You're very welcome. I'm just happy that some people find those presentations useful. Besides my coworkers, I mean. Although they don't read them for fun like you guys do.
AlphaOneSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #23
Looney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
AlphaOneSix has put many hours into describing various systems of the Mi8 at length. His docs are invaluable, I suggest you look them up, I couldn't find a central repository for them, search for threads with title "How it works" in the Mi8 section , like this one : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151326

Thanks again AlphaOneSix!
I made a repository a while back, it is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193976

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #24
Whisper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
I made a repository a while back, it is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193976
Thanks!
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote