JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

I've read the same news, but I've yet to hear about deliveries of WS-13IPE engines to Pakistan, nor Pakistan installing them into their jets. There's a single picture of a Block II jet having the WS-13. Also, I haven't heard the 100kN number anywhere, most mention 86kN.

5 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

flight model changes

I've heard it is mostly the same, though due to the change in weight distribution, during slowing (but not acceleration) there is a bit of a nose pitch up, but nothing unmanageable.

Edited by Napillo
spelling

On 1/3/2024 at 7:53 AM, Mike_Romeo said:

to Block 1 aircrafts. I still doubt that even if, they can find enough info to actually make it. Also it will sure take some time to make the flight model changes.

block 1s are all supposedly being upgraded to block 2 and this new engine was for block 2 and up. Would b silly to operate a fleet with diff engine types. But who knows like you said.

Yes flight model changes would happen and that might take awhile.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:29 PM, Napillo said:

I've read the same news, but I've yet to hear about deliveries of WS-13IPE engines to Pakistan, nor Pakistan installing them into their jets. There's a single picture of a Block II jet having the WS-13. Also, I haven't heard the 100kN number anywhere, most mention 86kN.

None delivered yet, engine went through a revamp stage similar to WS-15.

WS-13 is the model with thrust in 80kn ranges. 13E is uprated.

Edited by FlankerFan35
  • Like 1

Hello guys. In the latest beta patch the devs say they update the LS6 and GB6. But now the GB-6 SFW not hit the target. The bombs fall down 200 to 500 meters away. All was fine. Make a new mission but nothing help. DCS is repaired.

Anyone have the same? When i launch the LD-10 to my coordinates, the same bug.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:20 PM, DrWalnuss said:

GB-6 SFW not hit the target

I've read some post that if you set the OAP to +1500ft in some direction away from your aircraft, it will hit the target, but I have not tested that myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:16 AM, BigBorner said:

I cant see the Jeff properly. there is something in the way. 

Sorry, I'll move.

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I was looking in controls, does the JF-17 have an indent like other aircrafts? Like F16, F18. Today, I was training with a human AWACS and he told me to indent but he could no see me, what I'm missing? 

14 hours ago, RyuKim said:

Hi guys!

I was looking in controls, does the JF-17 have an indent like other aircrafts? Like F16, F18. Today, I was training with a human AWACS and he told me to indent but he could no see me, what I'm missing? 

I couldnt find anything either. @uboats can you confirm that there is no transponder ident function in our Jeff ?

• Like 1

My skins

Hi everyone! I just bought the JF-17 and I'm really enjoying this underdog!

I was wondering if there's a sort of roadmap/to do list/features that will be added to this module

thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grampaita said:

I was wondering if there's a sort of roadmap/to do list/features that will be added to this module

thank you!

Hi, I think there's not much more to add to this module. Although, it would be nice to have a HMD. The module has many things that other modules do not, like misting/frosting of the canopy, data card, ladders and engine covers at start up. It would be perfect if the could fix the CM802 AKG cruise missile as it is almost impossible to make targets out & it doesn't bear down on the pre-planned point. 

3 hours ago, grampaita said:

thank you!

The module is at the moment OK-ish when it comes to A-A (e.g. it has some unique features such as target size and front/back ECM. A-G there is a number of issues that await for fixing. If you use the glide bombs LS-6  on servers where "unrestricted sat nav" is not enabled, as red side you will face the problem of precision. It looks like ED thinks the degraded GPS signal is still a thing in 2024, but that was removed in 2000 IRL, and meanwhile GPS is so much widespread that turning degraded signal on would have severe consequences not only for enemy, but also allies (I would understand if they bring jammers and spoofers to the game).

Drawbacks in A-A include:

• subsonic speed (you need to climb/high dive to get it at about 1.3-1.6 Mach). This is visible both in attack and specially defending. Even the hornet will be able to catch you in a chase.
  • missiles do not have INS in DCS (old API), so they require you to guide practically at least until the missile starts downward part of trajectory (otherwise they go stupid and even level the flight!)
  • only 4 BVR missiles ( I typically fly with only 2: hit and run)

I started playing with it in September 2023 (I was very skeptical about it, and I regret that), and I must say I enjoy it despite the need for minor overhauls.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grampaita said:

- Some fixes to be made to TGP and some A/G Weapons. 

- They promised a Cruise / Performance / Range Page before it gets out of "Early Access"

- HMD if Pakistan adds it to their Block 1 Jeffs. 

Other than that, its feature complete. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigBorner said:

- Some fixes to be made to TGP and some A/G Weapons. 

- They promised a Cruise / Performance / Range Page before it gets out of "Early Access"

- HMD if Pakistan adds it to their Block 1 Jeffs. 

Other than that, its feature complete. 

You forgot the weather radar that they wanted to do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My skins