Explosions visibility very low

EasyEB

In recent updates I think the expolsions visibility has decreased alot. Now I have to zoom in to be able to see them at pretty close ranges, and when I do the effects pop in.

Note, this is only explosion effects, not smoke and fire from burning vehicles.

Anyone else noticing this or is it a local problem for me?

My visibility is set to extreme.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a problem when planes are attacking ground units with explosive weapons in your vinvinity, you can completely miss that the engagement is taking place until they hit something and thr burning vehicles effect kicks in. Also artillery barrages you can also completely miss they are taking place, unless zoomed in on their exact position.

Tracer effects = good visibility, hard to miss.

Missile launch smoke effect = good visibility, hard to miss.

Misc smoke effects = good visibility, hard to miss.

Explosion effects = really poor visibility, easy to miss unless zoomed in.

Is there really no way for me to increase explosion draw distance? The effect is really nice but it renders far to short.

I noticed that yesterday. I did a bomb run and looked back from around 15k ft. I didn't see the explosion blast, but I saw the fire effect of the destroyed vehicle.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Glad its not just me.

Didn’t they rework the explosion effects a while back? Maybe they forgot to ad LODs or entered the visibility range settings wrong. I feel it should be visible from ten times the range they are visible now. Hope this gets noticed.