Im not to fond of the new cockpit lighting

swartbyron

I love the new animation of the cockpit lighting controls! :thumbup:

I really don't like the new cockpit lighting though! :huh:

Surely the real thing has an option to have illuminated gauges only, like we had before with out illuminating the whole instrument panel and cockpit floor?

I know that ED are trying to model things as it is in real life but it just seems over kill on brightness for me.

Screen_181109_225930.thumb.png.714afe56e5615c33e41eb82b27506a5e.png

Screen_181109_231250.thumb.png.1baedfdb2fc2d478e0a8ba729c077e36.png

Edited by swartbyron
spelling

You're not alone. I turned the pit lights on this morning and thought--god, that's ugly--and promptly turned them off. I'll just fly night missions with the gamma pushed all the way up.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

The trouble is that I use cockpit lighting often during the day especially when flying towards the sun when its low and just because it looked beautiful when they were on.

I realise that this is what happens when you turn all the lighting knobs up to full but I doubt most pilots would choose this all the time.

The previous instrument lighting still works but you just cant see it because the panel lighting is too bright. :(

It would be nice ED could just turn the panel lighting down a bit or better still have the panel lighting come on with a second press of L and then all off with a third press.

Its not unrealistic to have left the cockpit lighting just as it was! :thumbup:

336659700_mig29lighting.jpg.976c00cfd1902bc6bdc39dc069446e80.jpg

Surely the real thing has an option to have illuminated gauges only, like we had before with out illuminating the whole instrument panel and cockpit floor?

Yes and it actually has 6 different control knobs for interior lighting.

I know that ED are trying to model things as it is in real life but it just seems over kill on brightness for me.

Well maybe they are just in the process of implementing a new system - give them time :)

JJ

Well maybe they are just in the process of implementing a new system - give them time

I really do hope so, it looks awefull at the moment and even worse at night!:cry:

Am I the only one not seeing the light switches move in the s model and only seeing them move in the 9-12?

The lighting knobs rotate in both 9-12 and 9-13 for me. The navigation light switch is also animated now! :)

It would be great if we could have it go to, on/10%/flash and off in the future.

+1 on the lighting issue. Instrument and panel lighting should be separate, I agree; adjustable brightness levels for both would be nice as well.

(while at it, just make the cockpit clickable; not asking for a full fidelity DCS module - even though the 29 is ripe to become one, just clicking buttons and switches is a lot easier than a) remembering shortcuts, and b) finding these shortcuts on the keyboard while flying in VR; not everything can be mapped to one's HOTAS) ;)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

... not everything can be mapped to one's HOTAS) ;)

Everything can be mapped with enough modifier buttons! :music_whistling: You just have to remember them all! :lol:

I bet if i would use every hatswitch on my throttle as a modifier button i could fly every module with button 1-4 on the stick. :helpsmilie::smartass:

You could even use a modifier with the axes and use the toe brakes to control the lightning knobs. :megalol:

I really like DCS and its controls settings options, never ever had any issues with any controller or joystick.

But back to topic.

+1 for a more detailed lightning control options for all fc modules maybe i should add a wishlist thread. Would be good if you could use a range from 0-100% like within the high fidelity modules. Should be a rather simple solution to give a range from 0-100% instead of an on/off switch.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick