FC3 vs standalone module

draconus

I already had F-15C and bought FC3 yesterday. I get it - they are somewhat different products so there are ie. different instant missions. But now the F-15C is no longer listed as separate module inspite both FC3 and standalone are installed in module manager and I no longer have access to the instant missions I had before. I could probably copy some files around...

No big deal but how is it you buy more and get less? That part I don't understand.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

No big deal but how is it you buy more and get less? That part I don't understand.

You're not really supposed to buy them both. Either you buy the complete FC3 package or you just buy certain FC3 modules if you don't want them all. That's the philosophy behind it I think.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, I find the whole deal with the instant missions regarding FC3 and standalone modules quite weird. You don't get them with FC3, but even if you buy the separate module, the module won't be accessible so you won't have the missions still, unless you add them manually.

I guess you'd have to buy old the standalone modules AND uninstall the FC3 module to be able to use them fully which kind of beats the purpose of FC3.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

You're not really supposed to buy them both. Either you buy the complete FC3 package or you just buy certain FC3 modules if you don't want them all. That's the philosophy behind it I think.

I read here that some users buy FC3 standalone(s) first and later try to weigh up the possibility of buying the whole FC3 or just the additional modules left of the package. Nothing wrong with that since you could get some AC for just $4,99. Not that unusual at all.

Buying the other way around (FC3 first and then FC3 standalones) would be weird or just a case for supporting ED. That I would do ie. buying the MAC next just to support ED once again for making F-15C thus voting with my wallet. Yeah, I like Eagle that much ;)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

You can force install of the aircraft to get to the missions etc. Command: DCS_updater.exe install RAZBAM_M-2000C Just replace aircraft name with the one you want.

Yeah, but you'd have to add them manually to the list afterwards.

I'm just wondering if this is considered legal or they were only made for the standalone modules and are not considered FC3 content?

Because, otherwise, I don't understand why they're not added to the FC3 module as well (as the other content is there, like e.g. module manuals).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I read here that some users buy FC3 standalone(s) first and later try to weigh up the possibility of buying the whole FC3 or just the additional modules left of the package. Nothing wrong with that since you could get some AC for just $4,99. Not that unusual at all.

Buying the other way around (FC3 first and then FC3 standalones) would be weird or just a case for supporting ED. That I would do ie. buying the MAC next just to support ED once again for making F-15C thus voting with my wallet. Yeah, I like Eagle that much ;)

Yes, many do that and there's nothing wrong about it. I did not mean to criticize that in any way. I just wanted to explain the philosphy behind it, which is the reason why it works the way it is.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg