*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

Hi,

I stumbled into a damage model bug yesterday. I was flying with my squadron and we tested hits from the door gunners of the huey and mi9 on the gazelle. I landed next to them and they literalley emptied their rounds on me and after lots of direct hits I got only wholes in the cockpit glass (that were seen only from insdie, outside everything was shiny). I wasnt dead and I could take off as nothing happened.

After all those hits, only the Mi8 rockets could finish me

• 3 months later...
Here's a weird one for you:

I usually do all my control adjusting in the cockpit so I didn't notice it until just now, but SA342 is not in the list for control adjustments via the DCS main window in 2.0.whatever it is as of today.

It is there for me.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Friendly Gazelle Mistral showing on F-15 radar as hostile contact. (fix IFF please. Just cost my life)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

No kill/teamkill messages when shot down in Gazelle by F-15.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I posted a separate thread, but probably shouldn't have.

When joining a Gazelle in Multi-crew a HOT missile fires without any buttons being pressed, master arm is off and all of the camera controls are off. It can also impact on other controls for the pilot (though this does not happen all of the time)

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Night Vision Goggles (NVG's) - White Dot ? What is it ?

Every time I use the NVG's, there is always a White Spot out in front of me. Depending on my distance from terrain, determines how large and bright (and close) said white spot appears.

When it's really close, it's really bright. Like when taking off from a boat at night with NVG's ON.

Is this normal ? What is it ?

Can it be eliminated ?

Please see attached images.

NVG-1.jpg.9e6cd74c487b10b86a2145c17368c1b3.jpg

NVG-2.jpg.50300cf86030e5701bf4255421b227e8.jpg

NVG-3.jpg.5b060f9ee25e1f77ca75ec23157d5e94.jpg

SnowTiger:joystick:

Noticed it too. Figured it was the laser. However.

For some reason though, it seems the inverse from the laser.

If I center the camera, Spot is in the middle. If I slew the camera left, spot moves right.. if I slew the camera right, spot moves left.

It never even dawned on me that it might be the laser.

Why would the laser always be ON ?

It should always be OFF so that it doesn't burn out. And then fired only when ranging.

At least, that is what makes most sense to me.

In any case, it's annoying !

It never even dawned on me that it might be the laser.

Why would the laser always be ON ?

It should always be OFF so that it doesn't burn out. And then fired only when ranging.

At least, that is what makes most sense to me.

In any case, it's annoying !

In multiplayer once, I had someone in a Ka-50 fly in front of me during take-off, and I triggered his laser warning receiver. My laser was armed, but I was not lasing (as in, I was not triggering the laser). I put it off to a weird bug or anomaly. But it seems from this discussion that it is not only a deliberate feature, but one that is carefully and comprehensively modeled! As a side note, I, too, noticed that weird bright spot in front of me with NVG's: first thought it was another helicopter, but then put it down to another glitch. Thanks to you raising the issue, I can put 2+2 together!

But it seems from this discussion that it is not only a deliberate feature, but one that is carefully and comprehensively modeled!

I don't get it. Why would they deliberately model the laser to always be ON ?

Maybe I'm just looking at it in the wrong way, but it seems to me that it just a good way to get smoked by laser-tracking weapons. Couldn't they simply follow the beam right back to us ?

i.e. "Here I am. Please Kill Me NOW !"

PS> I just flew Mission 11 in Op. Dixmude AGAIN (both Mis 5 and 11 really seem to like to piss me off). I tracked my camera left and right and was able to notice the White Spot moving with it. So it IS definitely the Laser. I just don't get why.

Modeled maybe but it seems like a mistake to me.

Hopefully, someone will be able to explain why this is "normal" and what if any Advantages/Disadvantages there might be with it modeled this way (besides the possibility that it might be like this in the real world).

No kill messages online when killed in the Gazelle. No wreckage of Gazelle falling towards ground when killed in Gazelle (just disappears, but engine sound keeps "falling" towards the ground)

Tail Broken Off before take off

Since the last update, I have found myself in a broken Gazelle before I even get to go anywhere.

I am flying Operation Dixmude for the 2nd time (no better success !). I am stuck on Mis 11 Face to Face which is really burning my ass.

But more specifically because twice I have fired the Gazelle up and got it all ready to go and all it wants to do is Flip Over to the Right.

Turns out (each time ... difficult to see in the dark) that the Tail is completely broken off from behind the cockpit.

What's up with that ?

I'd send a track but it's too hard to see anything AND too pissed off to think of saving such a track file !

AWACS won't reply to bogey dope requests.

I'm a bit slow ... but I finally figured out it is necessary to do the F2 view first as you have explained.

The downside to it is if you are re-spawning in a mission to jump into a different aircraft to finish the mission and this happens. Then you have to start everything all over again {Explanation in NOTE Below}

That said, I don't know if that was the intention of DCS where it allows us to choose a new slot.

Note:

I have a couple missions in which there are two models of Gazelle (L and M of course) and a choice of targets for each loadout. I also have 2 Hueys with different loadouts to complete the objectives of those target areas. I can start attacking an area in the Gazelle and finish in the Huey.

The targets killed with the 1st aircraft remain dead when I arrive to finish the mission in the other aircraft. Therefore, as long as I don't get killed (like sometimes when re-spawning ... and the tail is broken off !).

Again, I don't know if this is how the SLOT option was intended to be used.

But this is when I most commonly end up with the broken tail issue.

Thanks for your reply DaD CrC.

[quote=SnowTiger;3084482

But more specifically because twice I have fired the Gazelle up and got it all ready to go and all it wants to do is Flip Over to the Right.

What's up with that ?

I have had this occur somewhat randomly when starting a mission as well and that is starting with the engine running , seems the model isn't initialized correctly. This is in DCS 2.0.x quick mission and it's happened since I got the Gazelle mid last year.

Fix is to quit and restart. :(

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I have had this occur somewhat randomly when starting a mission as well and that is starting with the engine running , seems the model isn't initialized correctly. This is in DCS 2.0.x quick mission and it's happened since I got the Gazelle mid last year.

Fix is to quit and restart. :(

FragBum this is happen when you lost your Tail, on take off without Tail the Gazelle jumps to the right...

Randomly the Tail is broke up currently behind the Cockpit on Spawn.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

FragBum this is happen when you lost your Tail, on take off without Tail the Gazelle jumps to the right...

Randomly the Tail is broke up currently behind the Cockpit on Spawn.

What? I know I may have broken the tail off of many a Gazelle but not sure if there is a correlation. :music_whistling:

I'm not sure that I have looked at the external view when the "issue" occurred, I know you can balance the Gazelle at an angle but that's not really fun, so I just exit and restart. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Well, you can jump in and out any number of times in any aircraft you want, it will not reset your mission and whatever you killed before will remain dead. You'll have to stop your server and re launch the mission to actually reset your targets state.

Thanks again BaD CrC

BTW - Sorry for the Typo ... re: DaD CrC in my previous post !!

lol

Frame Rate Issues in MP

I have been having really bad Frame Rate issues in the Gazelle for the last little while.

It was terrible in the Campaign (single player) but in MP it is also very bad.

While in a server this morning, I tried the Gazelle again only to find the Frame Rate drop to be significant.

While remaining in the same server, I jumped in a Huey to see if it might be just Me or the Server, only to find my frame rate was flawless (like it usually is in MP unless it's bad for everyone else at the same time ... which happens occasionally).

Anyway, am I the only one having this issue or is this something that Polychop is aware of already ?

I do hope it is corrected very soon because it makes the Gazelle almost impossible to fly in MP, especially when trying to hover low or land. And it made the Campaign (SP) almost impossible to fly throughout much of the campaign .. at least for me. But I concede that with regards to the Campaign that it might have simply been that there was so much going on at times that it "MAY" have been just my video card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti ... 16 Gig RAM, 4.3 MHz Processor 8 core). ??

Yes problem with Gazelle (Mistral version for me)... me too 18-25 fps most of the time.

Odd gazelle effects/bugs?

New here so hope this is right place.

Got new Gazelle 2 weeks ago and love it but..;

Spawns Gazelle with no tail in next mission or two after crash

Collective controls obscure ADF programming

Textures float above ground after some minor collisions

Cheers,

Mike