SA-2 Guideline

Kayos

command van doesn't even exist yet afaik... (ED didnt publish any screenshot of model, or?)

the only control I would want is search-radar emitting/non emitting, track radar emitting/non emitting and target selection and manual firing (of any missile, not necessary for us to select which missile to fire)

Dont exist yet, but ED need build them to get a "realistic" Sam site, similar to the Sa-11 and Sa-10, Patriot, Hawk complex with your proper HQ command vehicles.

ED could use the SA-11 Buk SAM tracking radar code and change the values to match SA-2.

The Sa-11 Buk has not operative to use them on CA, as other multi site SAM complex, and a AI code has not match to use them on a "controlable" command station, you require build that functionality from scratch into CA.

what do you mean by "missing to azimut warning" ?

If you check Sa-2 SamSimulator, your require a alert warning by a external search radar to orient the SNR-25 FC radar to the bearing of the incoming hostile. Or build a AIDS scripted system to send you a bearing orientation.

This would be one of the lowest priorities imo, maybe first just limiting the general missiles fired on target to be limited to "only 3 missiles en-route to target at the same time"

Sa-15 and others Sams into DCS has different channel implemented to guidance missiles into LUAs.

Also very low priorityimo , as reloading SAM vehicles is not animated at all currently in DCS (and multiplayer has other priorities imo, like adding "radar-state" [radar on/off state]-export to multiplayer servers and also enable 1st person CombinedArms ability to Kub, Buk, Hawk, Roland and maybe even Patriot and S-300 aswell.

Sorry, but the Sa-2 Transloaders has the animations implemented on the EDM files. The "radar state" has implemented actually on CA, but need working to enable them on SAM complex diferent radars and systems. Not a easy task.

Ground commander-GCI-squadron leaders (pilots)-inter-communication/cooperation is where the real strength of DCS multiplayer lies! :pilotfly:

The CGI dont have control over the SAM defences or the fighters deployment, the only control fighters on the air interception, and normally, the system has automated, the "voice" human control has "testimonial". That has controlled by the AIDS command, and that decide the interceptor taking off, and the air defence, priority sectors and target priority.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198714

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89635

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3938312/1

Edited by Silver_Dragon

@will- ED didn't state either that we "won't" have control over it... And if they want to make the SA-2 system the most realistic/best SAM in DCS then it would only be a logical and wise step of them to make it a (VERY basic) 1st person CombinedArms module aswell... (again, strong selling point for CombinedArms here...)

The Sa-11 Buk has not operative to use them on CA, as other multi site SAM complex, and a AI code has not match to use them on a "controlable" command station, you require build that functionality from scratch into CA.

what I meant here is in F10 map you can click "radar off" on SA-11 for example. :)

Whad do you mean by "AIDS" ?

Wow, really, firing-channels are already programmed into some SAMs in DCS? I didn't know! But I think now I remember that Tor SAM can only fire 2 missiles at 1 target, or?

Do you have proof that "the Transloader has the animations implemented on the EDM files" ?

I don't know what AIDS means, but yes, of course I know GCI doesn't control SAMs... that is the job of the Ground Commander... ;) so GCI+ground commanders have to work together ;)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

It is safe to assume that the SA-2 will function in the same manner as other multi-vehicle SAM systems.

The ground commander will likely be able to dictate RADAR operation and designate targets using the F10 map, but 1st person direct control will likely not be possible as it is not possible with the SA-3/SA-6/SA-11/SA-10/Hawk/Patriot.

AIDS = Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome ;)

IADS = Integrated Air Defense System (consisting of layered defenses that turn their own tracking on/off based on detection by long range EWRs)

@will- ED didn't state either that we "won't" have control over it... And if they want to make the SA-2 system the most realistic/best SAM in DCS then it would only be a logical and wise step of them to make it a (VERY basic) 1st person CombinedArms module aswell... (again, strong selling point for CombinedArms here...)

To build a ground module (and sea), your require ED build the proper Dlls to enable module building and cockpit implement into DCS plus associate code simulate sistems by code.

what I meant here is in F10 map you can click "radar off" on SA-11 for example. :)

And? you dont have a "simulate" cockpit as a Sa-8 or Sa-15 with Sa-11.

IADS sorry (Integrated Air Defense System). That has the superior control over the CGI and the Air Defense.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3938312/1

http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/Integrated_air_defense_system

Wow, really, firing-channels are already programmed into some SAMs in DCS? I didn't know! But I think now I remember that Tor SAM can only fire 2 missiles at 1 target, or?

Do you have proof that "the Transloader has the animations implemented on the EDM files" ?

Similarly to another EDM, checking them with the Modelviewer (example).

I don't know what AIDS means, but yes, of course I know GCI doesn't control SAMs... that is the job of the Ground Commander... ;) so GCI+ground commanders have to work together ;)

The IADS has responsibility of the Air Defence commander. A ground commander control Ground forces, no Air Defence.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

So you want the SA2 to be the most realistic SAM in game but want it to have a "basic" 1st person module?

It's not how DCS works. Basically you want it to have two completely different types of functionality.

1) as a SAM battery which works with all units within its group obtaining various data from each unit and firing as historical as possible

2) a basic 1st person shooter modeled after other completely different single vehicle SAMs.

If the SAM is going to be "the best modeled SAM in DCS" I would expect it to be modeled historically and no shortcuts be taken to be player controlled.

Also nowhere did DCS ever mention this would be player controlled. I highly doubt such a complex player controlled multi vehicle SAM battery will be added to the game when current player controlled vehicles need so much work done to them. If it means we need to wait another 6 months, I'm good with that.

Edited by Dagger71

In DCS multiplayer slots I think that's the best solution then to have 1-2 "tactical commanders" for ground forces and 1 for air defense.

and designate targets using the F10 map...
Wait, how?
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I highly doubt such a complex player controlled multi vehicle SAM battery will be added to the game when

current player controlled vehicles need so much work done to them.

Really? I don't think so, please elaborate. (imo only problem is stationary SAMs can't be controlled with radar screen like Tunguska, Tor, Osa can for example)

Really? I don't think so, please elaborate. (imo only problem is stationary SAMs can't be controlled with radar screen like Tunguska, Tor, Osa can for example)

DanielNL, meanwhile do you think that is only put a "screen" in a unit and "viola", the system working / firing, etc, you missing the point that "control unit" need communicate with radars, launchers and associate vehicles / trailers, get order to them to search, tracking and fire into DCS, send info to your displays and replicate the problems with some of your units has "damage" or "destroy".

Actually ED dont implemented a "command control" into SAM group, remote control, send data into them and not have a "logic" to use them. A Sa-8, ZSU-23-4, Sa-15, etc has independent units with a simple 2D radar screen to simulate some functionality with inter-actuate with the unit proper systems on your LUAs, but you have into that unit, and you can not controlling other external units.

The similar situation has if you have into Main Battle Tank Platoon, you can change the formation or get target orders by a "script" on a 2D screen but you exit from your unit to get to the F10 map. You cant send that similar "command" if you have "into" a tank in a battle on progress, that functionality has missing, example as a aircraft or hello "attack targets of opportunity". Your AI companions only react by your programming.

Similar point has be with ships..... you can change direction, speed and make a pinpoint attack by F-10 but you can´t make enter into them or has none control internally over systems, weapons, etc.

Yes, well, DCS S-300 and BUK SAM already have that code built in... But yes, of course the radar screen backend would need to be modified for it to work with a multi-unit SAM system to work fine.

Still, how can you tell a Buk SAM currently in DCS on F10 map which target to attack? I only know of % engagement range and "radar on/off" buttons.. .

Yes, well, DCS S-300 and BUK SAM already have that code built in... But yes, of course the radar screen backend would need to be modified for it to work with a multi-unit SAM system to work fine.

Example of that "claimed" code?

Still, how can you tell a Buk SAM currently in DCS on F10 map which target to attack? I only know of % engagement range and "radar on/off" buttons.. .

That Sa-10 and Buk units engage a target by the "engage" AI scripting code, as any AI unit present on DCS by the codes present on the --\DCS World XXX\Scripts\AI directory. The "on/off" bottom has only a "testimonial" bottom with disconnect the radar with the range engagement and the fire bottom, scripts of CA in use on air / land / sea units from ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World XXX\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\UI for the F-10 bottom. Nothing more.

The others controlable "cockpits" has implemented by CA on different directory, include the "famous" radar screen, outside of the F-10 map, and none of "complex" SAMs has none cockpits into ...\DCS World XXX\Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Cockpit. After 6 years ED has not implemented them and not planned yet.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

After 6 years ED has not implemented them and not planned yet.

Not implemented, true, not planned, maybe the plan for end 2018/early 2019 has just not been published ;)

Not implemented, true, not planned, maybe the plan for end 2018/early 2019 has just not been published ;)

:doh: no published?..... the only plans yet has MAC (Modern Air Combat), the dedicate server and future modules, P-51D improvement, and new AI units in progress (not talk about WW2 and BSK plans).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3565024&postcount=150

ED always talk about functionality with month forward (example dedicate servers). CA has been off the road, stuck and not "love" or new functionality has incoming or planned, none has been confirmed from years ago. the CA wishlist has "kilo-metric" talking about improvement and requests.

Edited by Silver_Dragon