What does it take to get an issue acknowledged? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #11
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird1955 View Post
This post started in the 2.5 forum so it could be seen. Guess someone did not want that to happen.

This is a forum issue, not a 2.5 issue, the mod team moved it because you posted it in the wrong place, asking for communication is fine, saying that we are doing things to limit that by 'hiding' your post is not a great way to get people to communicate with your more. Least not in the way you want.

If we didn't want customer communication we would close the forums and stop releasing Open Betas.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #12
Firebird1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
This is a forum issue, not a 2.5 issue, the mod team moved it because you posted it in the wrong place, asking for communication is fine, saying that we are doing things to limit that by 'hiding' your post is not a great way to get people to communicate with your more. Least not in the way you want.

If we didn't want customer communication we would close the forums and stop releasing Open Betas.
But the intent of the initial post WAS about 2.5 and fixed high shadows that could not be changed. It was not looked at since its first post in June. If you look in your PM's, I asked you specifically to look into it last week with no response whatsoever. What am I supposed to think?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #13
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
But the intent of the initial post WAS about 2.5 and fixed high shadows that could not be changed. It was not looked at since its first post in June. If you look in your PM's, I asked you specifically to look into it last week with no response whatsoever. What am I supposed to think?
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...8&postcount=10

That should explain it, even if we don't acknowledge everything, it doesn't mean it's not being worked on, and again, that issue you referenced is a known issue with the Hornet.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 PM   #14
Bones308th

Okay, so I guess from this point forward, I’ll expect to count on mainly the community to acknowledge reported bugs and explore possible solutions. You guys are busy. Copy. In the future, in order to minimize possible misunderstandings, it would be nice to setup some kind of automated notification, informing where the post was moved and for what reason. That would be a pretty cool thing to have. Just wanted to throw that out there! At least we know is a known issue, and for now, we just have to work around it. Thanks.

Ray

Last edited by Bones308th; 09-13-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #15
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones308th View Post
Okay, so I guess from this point forward, I’ll expect to count on mainly the community to acknowledge reported bugs and explore possible solutions. You guys are busy. Copy. In the future, in order to minimize possible misunderstandings, it would be nice to setup some kind of automated notification, informing where the post was moved and for what reason. That would be a pretty cool thing to have. Just wanted to through that out there! At least we know is a known issue, and for now, we just have to work ournd it. Thanks.

Ray
Most posts when moved are setup up with an expiring redirect notice, and when we can, and in many cases do, note when bugs are reported.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
Firebird1955

It is a shame that it took 4 months and 4 pages to find out it is a known issue, but Thanks
Old 09-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #17
Bones308th

Quote:
Most posts when moved are setup up with an expiring redirect notice, and when we can, and in many cases do, note when bugs are reported.

Cool man, thanks!

Ray
Old 09-13-2018, 04:03 AM   #18
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
It is a shame that it took 4 months and 4 pages to find out it is a known issue, but Thanks
There is a forum search function, if you used it you would find issues with optimizations of both the player and static Hornet models still being WIP, this is most likely what you are seeing.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #19
Firebird1955

Quote:
There is a forum search function, if you used it you would find issues with optimizations of both the player and static Hornet models still being WIP, this is most likely what you are seeing.
Wow. Now I do not know how to use the forum. How would I have found the initial report of the shadow issue if I had not used the Search function? In fact, I use it regularly which helps me avoid situations that this seems to have been turned into. I also take advise, such as the advise to use PM to get things looked into without getting a messy forum thread going. Of course if no one answers the PM, what recourse do I have left.

I received the answer to my questions, and thanked you for it. Not trying to make anyones job around here harder, and, contrary to popular belief, I understand the process since I have been using DCS Beta since the 1st A-10. Lets move on

Tags
scan the bug forums