FOV

Hi,

I move form single screen to triple 3x27"" 2560x1440. And of course I have FOV issue with one huge 1camera view - "to close to HUD or massive distortion of sideviews"

Last night I got idea, but I decide to ask if anybody. So did anyone try run DCS with 3 portraits displays so instead of 7680x1440 do 4320x2560

So yo can get extra vertical space and better aspect for portraits 13.5:8 (close to 16:9) then 16:3 for landscapes.

Of coures you got 2 monitors' frames closer together, so thats way I'm asking beforem move all my screens and cables sideways....

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 5:36 PM, Tone71 said:

No probs. If you want a more permanent solution go to [username]/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Views and open SnapViews.lua in Notepad++. The last section for each aircraft is called Default or Pilot (something like that, not at game atm); change the FOV line here to set the default for that aircraft.

I have a 21:9 Ultrawide screen and have mine set to 110.

I don’t seem to have a “View” option in config.  What should I do? I do have an “options.lua.VR, though I don’t see anything there.  But, maybe I missed it.  I’ll keep looking.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

5 hours ago, TWC_SLAG said:

I don’t seem to have a “View” option in config.  What should I do? I do have an “options.lua.VR, though I don’t see anything there.  But, maybe I missed it.  I’ll keep looking.

I found it in my F drive, rather than the C drive.  It worked fine.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 11 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, JUICE-AWG said:

That helps me a lot!!!

Thank you very much for this tuorial.

Buhli

On 1/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, JUICE-AWG said:

I put a video out on this, hope it helps others.

Cheers,

JUICE

Edited by Buhli
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, Buhli said:

Hi guys,

can i save the views for different aircrafts and if so, where is the location for the different view-files?

Not only “can”, but must. Each such setup is tied to a specific aircraft, and they are all stored in the same place, as mentioned on the previous page: your %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua file, where you can manually go in and tweak things down to the microradian and micrometer (I'm not even kidding).

The file contains comments and parameter names that are rather self-explanatory, except for which direction is which of the x/y/z axes. Off the top of my head (and don't trust this without verifying through experimentation), x is forwards, y is up, and z is left/right.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 6 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, Donut said:

Okay everyone...I found the solution!!!

Go to DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C and open the Views.lua file and find the following line near the top...

CameraViewAngleLimits = {30.000000,150.000000},

The default values are 20, 140 which gives a midpoint of 80. I changed it to 30, 150 to give me a midpoint of 90 on my HOTAS zoom axis which now matches by default FOV of 90 that I set.

Hope this solution helps!!

thanks this is exactly what i needed, im going to set my center to 90, so i can use track ir z axis as my zoom

edit: hmm changing these values dosnt seem to actualy take effect in game?
edit2: and it breaks intergity check, back to the drawing board.

Edited by Epiic_Penguin

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Youda said:

What action is RALT-Num0 please? I don't use the default controls, i always change everything so i don't know what i should do when you say RALT-Num0. How is the key action called?

The default action is to save your view and snap views etc. 

• 8 months later...

So here's one for you:  My default FOV for the FA-18 is 20.1 degrees higher than the value I set for "default view" in <User>/Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/SnapViews.lua.

This happens regardless of what I set in DCS World/Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/views.lua, and regardless of what I set it to in-game with RT-ALT Num0.

No clue why.

Edited by dingoniner

• 3 months later...

New video from @Spudknocker about setting default head position and FOV...

Excellent video, and all good information, though when I tried something similar for F-5 last week, I found the FOV value displayed in the debug window matched exactly what was needed in the Lua file.

The FOV value did not match the initial zoom, but the zoom after I press 'zoom reset' button. I've noticed people talk about zoom/fov a lot, but don't seem to use the zoom  reset feature which does typically default to a practical flying zoom vs the more zoomed out one seen when first entering the cockpit.

Edited by DimSim