Jeff B block II version?

shaHeen-1

I think Shaheen is saying that they would love the two seater JF-17B

Yes but with all block II systems if possible. I guess you will have to redo everything from flight model to the 3d model, textures and exclusive systems compared to Jeff A?

Block II AAR capability will be added at later time. Since the fuel system need recoding also rework of external model, no time table yet.

Since I see you suddenly become very active and speak on Deka’s behalf so often, are you one of the developers or associated with the developers in any way? Sorry I ask because you provide statements regarding the jets bug posts and development process by I see no 3rd party Developer tag under your name so not sure to take your answers as official response or just informed guesswork.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Since I see you suddenly become very active and speak on Deka’s behalf so often, are you one of the developers or associated with the developers in any way? Sorry I ask because you provide statements regarding the jets bug posts and development process by I see no 3rd party Developer tag under your name so not sure to take your answers as official response or just informed guesswork.

"Are you my dad?" XD

"Are you my dad?" XD

You enjoy making pointless posts don’t you? Try reddit.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

You enjoy making pointless posts don’t you? Try reddit.

Shaheen jokes. That's what he does. It's all good.

I was wondering the same thing Fox, are you their community manager? You are super responsive and your info seems to be accurate. Either way you do a great job communicating with the devs and you probably should be the community manager if you aren't already.

Why? You hardly ever get close enough to use it. It's just 20 miles standoffs most of the time unless you manage to sneak under a buddy's standoff and rise up out of nowhere to hit the baddie while he's busy spamming those raams at buddy.

Between awacs and data link in addition to radars it's incredibly hard to sneak anywhere.

Edited by shaHeen-1

Why? You hardly ever get close enough to use it. It's just 20 miles standoffs most of the time unless you manage to sneak under a buddy's standoff and rise up out of nowhere to hit the baddie while he's busy spamming those raams at buddy.

Between awacs and data link in addition to radars it's incredibly hard to sneak anywhere.

lolwut? I think you are referring to the HMD feature which is not yet available in the JF-17?

I would also love to have it. There are so many benefits of being able to see my HUD while looking around, especially in combat or when making dangerous maneuvers.

It is not a matter of how many times you get in close range but more about when you are in close range. Ability to keep your eyes on the enemy aircraft at all times while being able to read your HUD and lock targets is very handy.

Another benefit is to lock the enemy up before you have clear shot at them, this way when they are in position, you dont have to wait on Radar ACM to lock them up in a short time window of opportunity you are given.

Now if you turn and run each time someone fires an AMRAAM at you, good luck because there will be many more afterwards and chances are, at low ground you will be forced into close combat eventually.

I can go on and on about why it is so useful but I hope you get the idea of how much of a big deal this feature is.

I know most of these things already since I have f18. Just pointing out that it won't help you in a well populated server where the other side has most advantages in BVR and they know it. You'll be lucky you get to use it at all. I dunno maybe Jeff hmsd comes with some magic 2010+ feature. But I would expect it to be AG focused anyways.

So you are saying it is pointless to have it because you play in some crowded server where people are spamming BVR missiles? There are also servers in DCS that are dedicated to dogfighting.

Still, it does not explain why you think HMD wont benefit because enemy has better BVR capabilities. Currently, the JF-17 can really hold its own in dogfights against all the DCS modules so having HMD will only compliment that.

Regarding you saying it is pointless because enemy will always BVR you, well that is totally up to your own personal experience. Unless the nato in DCS are using some magic all seeing Radars, there are many ways to approach and engage them in close range.

In my experience, there have been many times where we exchange missiles and dodge them until we merge for close combat. It completely depends on the situation and approach. I personally do not believe that BVR combat in DCS is any stronger than close range encounters.

Regarding HMD implementaion into this module, I would like they add it if the Pakistani airforce ever begins using it. We do not have any evidence of that so adding it now would make it a bit fictional.

I'm not saying pointless I'm just saying not very pointy. I mean you're already in fiction territory by talking about getting into dogfights with JF17 so might as well get HMSD now.

Only suicidal pilots will try to enter into a dogfight with datalink and fox3s in the equation. Every enemy fighter carries more and better Fox3s than you. Your only sane chance is stand-off engagements where you can try to outrun 120s and hope your SD10 gets a nice headstart from a higher altitude on a tunnel visioned closing bandit who writes in his bio that he loves to use his HMSD.

I'm not saying pointless I'm just saying not very pointy. I mean you're already in fiction territory by talking about getting into dogfights with JF17 so might as well get HMSD now.

Wow, I see you are dead set on simply enforcing your point by providing outlandish reasonings. You clearly did not read what I said or understood properly.

And no, for the sake of accuracy, if the actual in service jet does not have it, there is no reason to add it right now.

Only suicidal pilots will try to enter into a dogfight with datalink and fox3s in the equation. Every enemy fighter carries more and better Fox3s than you.

Is that a fact? Now see, this is what I meant in previous comment about enemy using magic all seeing radar. In what perfect world will they have datalink or AWACS which will pick up all the air threats? Maybe jammers are just there to look pretty on these jets.

Your only sane chance is stand-off engagements where you can try to outrun 120s and hope your SD10 gets a nice headstart from a higher altitude on a tunnel visioned closing bandit who writes in his bio that he loves to use his HMSD.

Yeah that statement will probably work in some Hollywood movie maybe.

It was never about rushing into close combat, it is when you end up in it. At that point, it will be very useful if the jet has HMD built in. The defending side does not have the luxury of turning and running away all the time.

By your logic, the NATO and Russians should just stop adding them into their jets because they know how strong their BVR is and assume enemy will just run away or die.

Anyways, you have clearly stated your reasoning for why you do not see the importance of HMD in JF-17. I do not have to agree with it, but I will respect it.

Yeah, you are right. While good to have, I doubt the HMD will be added into this module anytime soon.