TWS Question

Sergeant_Hamlet

Let me use the thread to also put there another question for those on the knowledge about TWS.

-Can we use the the TDC outside of the tactical region to select betweeen RWS/TWS/VS?

-While in TWS can we use the TDC to change azimuth and bar setting or select the AUTO mode?

Just for clarification, are you asking what happens if you slew the TDC over the DDI labels for bar, azimuth and radar mode and press it while in TWS? (I dont know the answer, just wondering if that is the question)

Just for clarification, are you asking what happens if you slew the TDC over the DDI labels for bar, azimuth and radar mode and press it while in TWS? (I dont know the answer, just wondering if that is the question)

Yes, but let me explain better.

1-I want know if from RWS we can go TWS by placing the cursor over RWS and then selecting between options, in the same manner that we do to change bar or azimuth setting in RWS.

2-Once in TWS does this functionality holds true? Or are we force then to use RMFD PB presses

In the last portion of Wags's video, the donor-only tracks appear as a whole HAFU symbol. If those contacts are not currently detected by the ownship, shouldn't they only appear as the lower-half of the HAFU? Or is there something I don't understand about how those files work in TWS?

Thanks

They appear as a SURV(eillance) hostile track symbol, which is smaller than the onboard+offboard HAFU. Check out wags' link16 video from earlier this year, he goes into the symbology there.

In the last portion of Wags's video, the donor-only tracks appear as a whole HAFU symbol. If those contacts are not currently detected by the ownship, shouldn't they only appear as the lower-half of the HAFU? Or is there something I don't understand about how those files work in TWS?

Thanks

SURV tracks (from AWACS) appear as a smaller, full HAFU symbol. F/F tracks (from friendly fighters) appear to as a full-size bottom-only HAFU. If a track is donated by both SURV and F/F, it keeps the SURV symbology, IIRC.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You mean shoot simultaneously? Only two as demonstrated in Matts video

yes he means you can have 10 missiles out simultaneously which even Matt comments on twice in the video, first when he says how many targets can be tracked and launched on at the start and then when he explains at the end that you can lock pri/sec, launch, launch, pri/sec, launch, launch, etc so long as you keep them all within the bar scans up to 10 missiles and 10 targets.

It's just that you can only have a Primary and Secondary selected for actual targeting information at any time.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Only one target can be shot at simultaneously. You can't shoot the AMRAAM at the DT2 - you have to make it the L&S first. Like Rob said, it's just to get targeting information (Launch Acceptable Region) on another target, see the 'X' overlayed on the HUD, and also be able to quickly swap it for the L&S.

Can anyone describe which switch (which switch in HOTAS) is responsible and what it is used for in TWS mode?

Undesignate button:

- create L&S if none is present

- step L&S if one is present

- swap L&S and DT2 if both are present

RAID button:

- enter/exit RAID mode

TDC designate:

- enter/exit manual scan centering

- designate L&S / enter STT

Sensor Select Switch in direction of Attack Radar page:

- Fast Acq

- AACQ (bit bugged)

- Bump Acq (not yet implemented afaik)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Is there a command/way to undesignated a target while in TWS? As in clearing any targets being tracked?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Use the reset option on the right hand side

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Use the reset option on the right hand side

Thanks. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)