Bomb release sound

dporter22

Add an audible "ker-thunk" on bomb release. Prior to the new cockpit and/or current software version, there was a very noticeable bomb release sound. Now there's nothing (yes, I've tried all the audio options).

I know it might not be 100% real world accurate, but it confirmed release and was satisfying.

Add an audible "ker-thunk" on bomb release. Prior to the new cockpit and/or current software version, there was a very noticeable bomb release sound. Now there's nothing (yes, I've tried all the audio options).

I know it might not be 100% real world accurate, but it confirmed release and was satisfying.

You do have the visual indication on the HUD of the weapon release by the "flash/blink" of the store on the lower left hand corner of the HUD, as well as the store disappearing off the DSMS display. But yes, the sound that used to be present is no longer there. Personally not an issue, but I can see how some might miss it.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 7 months later...

While there might be no sound in real life, the pilot would still feel a successful release if I remember correctly. So regarding the limitations of a sim without that kind of force feedback, the drop sound was a very satisfying alternative.

While there might be no sound in real life, the pilot would still feel a successful release if I remember correctly. So regarding the limitations of a sim without that kind of force feedback, the drop sound was a very satisfying alternative.

+1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020