A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

ok, I'm with you just a little,,, I started out in DOS decades ago, so I am a bit familiar, but havnt used it in just as long.

1st, I don't know if what your suggesting is to open up the command prompt each time I want to run Leavu, and manually typing in the commands ( I hope not), because I would NOT know exactly what to type in for each command to get 3 leavu windows running. nor would I prefer to have to go thru that lengthy process to do so I would presume?

2nd, what you state in the end "By writing a simple cmd/bat file (=shell script) you can automate startup of several leavus with different config files. "

That is exactly what we are trying to accomplish, I could be mis interpreting what you stated, for all I know you just told me how to do it, but I don't see it,,,,,,,,, how do you write a CMD/Bat file? Do you simply open up notepad and save it with a file extension of ".bat" and then enter the contents, whatever that needs to be?

I don't know if I'm getting off topic here or not? I don't believe I am as it is absolutely related to running Leavu3, and I know I'm not the only one trying to accomplish the same goal here. I know Sobe would be interested in this as well since he is opening up 3 separate windows himself. Thanks for the help so far,,,,

1. Use the shell and experiment a bit. See what commands are required. Write them down

2. Yes, copy the stuff you found working into a text file, save as "hello.bat" or "leavu.cmd" or something. Run that script instead next time. My own scripts wouldn't make much sense to you as I run it on linux.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but this is a really basic question. Is Leavu3 for online play only or is this tool usable for offline single player missions? It seems to me that this is designed for multi-player teams? Thanks!

I use it for both single and multi player.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Advice for Leavu3 and Helios users:

When trying to use both Leavu3 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile, I found that the displays were to small to read the numbers and words (even when making the text larger). So my solution was to start the 3 displays with boarders and generally fit them in the display boxes in the Helios profile. Once I am in the air, I can make them much larger and more readable even though they cover up some dials.

Also in the config file for Leavu3, you can delete the display modes that you do not want so when the 3 displays pop up, you are in the right display mode (FCR, RWR and HSD/SMS/Info pages.

Sobe, can you send me one of your config files to view? I have the windows now setup borderless, but I cant read the text etc, its all a blur.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Sobe, can you send me one of your config files to view? I have the windows now setup borderless, but I cant read the text etc, its all a blur.

If you can't read the text you can adjust it in the same cfg file in the leavu 3 folder , look for symbol text size , by default its 1.25 i find the optimal value to make it look good while still looking crisp and sharp is 1.4 but you can adjust to what ever suits you .

It's called 'symbolScale' in the leavu3 config file. It affects everything - not just text. Both symbols and text become larger (They have to - otherwise the text could not fit inside the symbols :)).

Just curious, in the config file, you have the "gameDataFps" would this be best set to your current settings.

E.G. I have 30" 60 hz main monitor, so every thing is set to vsync, would I be best served to set the config to 60 fps as well?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

gameDataFps is beyond my pay grade. Ask Yoda.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

'gameDataFps' is the highest fps leavu will try to get data from DCS at. Every time leavu gets data from DCS, it also tries to re-render the display.

Effectively, this means leavu will run 'up to' that fps.

So depending on how much CPU room you have, you can set it higher or lower.

If you have a monster machine and gigabit LAN - heck - set it to 500 fps, and leavu will run at the same fps as your game :).

NOTE: Leavu will never run faster than your game.

NOTE also: The highest accepted gameDataFps is 999 :). This just means up to 999, but not faster than the game itself.

Thanks for the response, you too Sobe,, that wasn't directed at you by the way,, It was a general question, I figured someone would chime in, but thanks anyway,,,,

Ok, heres another one,, so I'm adjusting the "symbolScale", to make the text clearer, and its working, the problem is, I get to a point where the data in the top left & right corners start to become merged with the top center data. I can increase the symbol scale value to where it is very legible, but then I lose about half the data as it merges toward the center. Is there any way I can reposition the top left and right data coordinates so I can move them towards the outside of the box?

Ok, heres another one,, so I'm adjusting the "symbolScale", to make the text clearer, and its working, the problem is, I get to a point where the data in the top left & right corners start to become merged with the top center data. I can increase the symbol scale value to where it is very legible, but then I lose about half the data as it merges toward the center. Is there any way I can reposition the top left and right data coordinates so I can move them towards the outside of the box?

if you use symbolScale above 1.5 (low res monitor), OSB button texts will collide with other text.

To solve that you must disable rendering of OSB button text (Click the osb button marked 'OSB' or disable it in the config file).

You can also chose to make the window wider.

how is it a shame..it has no place in MP servers unless your all for arcade games. everyone seems to want realistic and then someone makes this....are we playing an arcade game here or a "realistic" flight sim? Supporting this mod in MP is supporting some people having an unfair advantage, i just hope it doesn't ruin people home pits.

Edited by OldE24

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

What the actual diddly **** are you talking about?

If servers want to turn this mod off, fine. But as long as other servers allow for the F-15 to have datalink the same way Russian aircraft have their own datalink with an AWACS present then this is more than fair.

I'l state again, I wholehartedly agree that some servers will want to block this mod for fairness, but datalink is a realistic part of the F-15. It's a great mod.

I concur. This is mod is actually less than what the real F-15C has but all DCS pilots are "real" pilots right?

What the actual diddly **** are you talking about?

If servers want to turn this mod off, fine. But as long as other servers allow for the F-15 to have datalink the same way Russian aircraft have their own datalink with an AWACS present then this is more than fair.

I'l state again, I wholehartedly agree that some servers will want to block this mod for fairness, but datalink is a realistic part of the F-15. It's a great mod.

what do you mean? This mod DOESNT just work on the F-15 it also works for ALL FC3 aircraft....so that RWR tab in a SU/Mig gives you a F-15 style RWR i suspose that's how it was supposed to be too...

it seems to me you have never used this mod and played the SU/MIG and fail to understand everything it does do.

I have not tried A-10A or SU-25/T but i bet it does the same for them.

IF the F-15C modeled in the game is supposed to have data link why did they no include it?

because they made the F-15 be an even earlier version than the SUs in game which already have the datalink. That F-15 MFD is stuck to the Weapon load out page but there are many other pages on there of interest. The Flankers all got their datalink. The F-15 did not and there are no plans to include it.

Fakum

I just make everything bigger after takeoff. Before takeoff, while they are small, it really isn't necessary to read them.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Alrighty then,,,let me start off by saying thanks for the responses to my question. Second of all, I had no idea there was going to be a debate over the use of this mod. I must plead ignorance. I dont spend much time flying, but when I do, I love using my Helios and this MOD was especially exciting to me mostly because I really think its cool how the radar cone looks when you sweep it and narrow it etc,, thats what it was all about to me,,, cool graphics! I dont know anything about what you guys are talking about regarding the data link to be honest. All I will say is that I am one of the biggest anti cheat you will ever meet. If it were up to me, if you were found to have any cheat on your PC, someone should be able to hit a button and blow your PC up! Yeah, I mean that with great sincerity! I HATE cheaters! If this in fact is considered a cheat for reasons I dont understand at the moment, I have no issue with stopping to use it. Like I said, I fell head over heels with the radar sweep look,,,,, thats as simple as I can state it. Thank you all for your input.

because they made the F-15 be an even earlier version than the SUs in game which already have the datalink. That F-15 MFD is stuck to the Weapon load out page but there are many other pages on there of interest. The Flankers all got their datalink. The F-15 did not and there are no plans to include it.

The F-15C having it's data-link in-game makes sense to me. If the russians have it, why can't the F-15? It seems to me the people who can't accept that are the same kind of people that whine about the MiG-21 having Groms.

Where do you have this information from?. The only thing working in the flanker is the AWACS link...Better get your facts straight before saying something like that.

Secondly, stop with this F15 vs Su27 BS... This is not against F15s it's against exporting data like this. If you don'T get it...Leavu works with all the FC3 planes and if you do little adjustments it will work with other aircraft too...

edit: And there is no such thing like "version" of a plane in DCS. They implement things based on information and reliable sources

Edited by holimoli

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

Your point?

And yes, there very much is 'versions' of a plane. The F-15C in DCS is missing a package upgrade or two compared to where the Flanker is. The flanker is also missing the upgrades it needs to use the R-77s, but that's a whole 'nother story.

No, the Flanker and F-15 in DCS have the relevant packages with their variant in regard to what you describe.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

So aparently there are Just F-15 flyers here who dont really understand the issues with this mod and the line where it goes from a cool mod to an unfair advantage to a non mod user. So it's ok for a striker like A-10A or SU-25/T to have the data link and see contacts near them? It's a good thing for Mig/SU's to have US RWR?

if ED/Bilsmitek wanted a OP F-15 with datalink then they would have provided it in the module, further it's NOT the same as the SU's data link because the SU ONLY show's EWR/AWACS contacts.

i just hope it doesn't break the few home pits/helios people use for MP, but if that's the cost to keep the riffraff out then it is what it is.

Edited by OldE24

Hi, I can not get this to connect to dcs. When started, I do see the mfd symbol on the task bar, and the mfd does display and show connected to dcs remote and dlink, I do not use online.

However, there is no connection within sim. I've attached logs of dcs remote and leavu3. I also added exceptions in windows firewall. Thanks, The mod looks fantastic.

Hawkeye60

Apr 30, 2016 7:17:10 AM com.twitter.finagle.netty3.ServerBridge exceptionCaught

WARNING: Unhandled exception in connection with /127.0.0.1:50126 , shutting down connection

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:64)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178)

at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)

at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited by Hawkeye60
edit,no attachment

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hi, I can not get this to connect to dcs. When started, I do see the mfd symbol on the task bar, and the mfd does display and show connected to dcs remote and dlink, I do not use online.

However, there is no connection within sim. I've attached logs of dcs remote and leavu3. I also added exceptions in windows firewall. Thanks, The mod looks fantastic.

Hawkeye60

Apr 30, 2016 7:17:10 AM com.twitter.finagle.netty3.ServerBridge exceptionCaught

WARNING: Unhandled exception in connection with /127.0.0.1:50126 , shutting down connection

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:64)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178)

at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)

at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I think you may have misunderstood how to start or install it. Maybe jump on to rve TS and get some help?

Also I only see a stack trace (some text) from something. You'll need to actually attach both log files for me to figure out whats wrong.