Monitor upgrade

Hey folks..

Looking to upgrade my monitors but i cant seem to decide,been watching a ton of youtube vid and still not able to decide as to which would be a great upgrade from mine..

At the moment im useing 3 syncmaster 226bw's..1680 x 1050 a contrast ratio of 3000:1 with a 2 ms responce time and 60 hrz..I bought them used but they are all about 10 yrs old..

I dont do any photo editing n such,its not a work pc so its just used for surfing,email and dcs..

Im running a i5 4670 and a gtx 770 nvidia with 4 gb onboard ram and then another 8 in my pc

How bout some suggestion from your experiences to give me a low gtg responce time,low latency and just a great view....I would preferr to go a lil bigger in size to depending on what they cost..

So far anything that seems to be any good is atleast $300-500 ea..Even if i went one or two i would be happy with that..

702462266_mypit.thumb.jpg.7dcef6aa7e0987fb5f04c0e5c2b89cc9.jpg

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

With your system specs (namely your GPU and RAM), it's really hard to suggest going with higher resolution monitors. That said, I had inexpensive BenQ 1080p 27" triple monitors and I thought they were quite nice for the money and their bezels were really thin, but the triple screen setup and I have parted ways, and I've since gone with a single Ultrawide.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

For DCS, not a monitor is my suggestion. Get yourself a CV1 Rift. The experience is definitely worth it.

Post that, depends upon your graphics card. Do you use ATi or Nvidia. Each have their version of synchronisation with a monitor to smooth out the frame rate (e.g. Nvidia use Gsync), and it does help visuals on software with changeable frame rates.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hi,

With your current available hardware it's hard to suggest anything that feels for you like a upgrade. Anything today on the market (24" - 27" 1080 resolution) will work. You don't need no fancy 144Hz panels or anything with special grey to grey specification (which is 95% marketing).

You only really need to resist the urge to buy a cheap 40" TV and think it will be awesome. Input lag will make your flight miserable.

If you grab yourself a 1070 you could consider one of those 600$ ultrawide monitors (resolution 3440x1440) in 34" and you would have an awesome setup. -> Ultrawide are mostly IPS Panels, so watch for IPS Glow.

There is now a 40" 4k curved monitor from phillips for 600$ (Philips BDM4037UW). But again, 4k will need a stronger GPU and I'm not certain how much more CPU power the 4k resolution will drain.

A Rift CV1 as Mr_Sukebe, while is awesome for DCS, will need a major hardware upgrade and the rift itself is 600$.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Naw not interested in a rift..Just bought an extra 8gig of ram(gskill rip jaw,ddr3,1866..total of 16 gig of ram plus the 4 on my vid card) and my gtx 770 with 4 gig of onboard memory is nvidia so kinda goin twards something with gsync..2 of my old syncmasters 22" are startin to go a lil darker so i suspect they will die soon enuf...

No plans of a big tv to replace my screens but i tryin to decide on stayin with 3 smaller screens or two bigger ones..I would like to go up to 144 hrz vs the 60 i have now..

I havent done any dcs upgrades or add ons except buyin an extra jet or two and normal updates so for now a bigger card is not really on my plate yet..

I have 3 x BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch Console Gaming Monitors

All you need to consider is - ( Response Time(Tr+Tf) typ.1ms (GTG)‎ ) less or equal to 1ms if you can find them nowadays.

If its for gaming don't fuss about all the curve, Hz, watts, colours and what not thats where a good GFX card kicks in and does the job and you adjust settings through video card software.

For TV is different all together its not supported by nothing else.

Also BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch comes with 3 year Warranty! :thumbup:

More Here Link:- http://www.benq.com.au/product/monitor/rl2755hm

So look for best gaming monitors with features that increase quality with speed and 3 year Warranty.

Like this..............

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK..Im gonna be a lil more specific then...Guess ill need a vid card upgrade...Ill worry bout that after i decide on a monitor..

I wouldnt mind 2 27" g sync 144 hrz with fast refresh and low lag..

Just picked up another 8 gig of ram so now im back to figureing out monitors...Just as im thinking im getting it a reviewer throws in a chain in the cog and im lost again..

How bout we do this..My pc is more for dcs and maybe the odd older flight sim game some email and surfin the net...I dont use it for tv or watch movies n such so lets go from that..

Got some income tax $$ back so im open to suggestions from you guys who know this stuff..

Dont think 4k is the way to go,not into the super big wide screens so im down to a cpl 27" fast responce,quality pic type screens..

Damn you guys..Now my thinkin is on the rift..WHICH forces me to look for another vid card,so may as well do a sound card to..

Got a z87x-dhe gigabyte motherboard so i gotta see howm much more of a cpu i can go up..

Your Mobo supports up to the Core i7-4790K, which is a 4 Core / 8 Threads @ 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.4GHz). That CPU still is arround 350$ in my country, which is way overpriced for the old architecture. Not worth it. Maybe you find a second hand 4790K or a 4770K on Ebay.

I would first upgrade to a better GPU. GTX 1070 / 1080 / 1080 TI depending on your budget.

If you are serious about a sound card... then well, I would advice to not waste money on a soundcard. Rift has build in speakers which works really well...

And anything sound related inside your computer Case won't be better than the onboard sound. If you want clearer sound, get a 80$ External USB DAC and you good to go.

Hope it helps

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I think you are not considering upgrade in the correct order. What can you do with a Rift or a 4K monitor for example when you are still on 770 card. I am not saying 770 is not good, I am saying that it is not up to those standards... so you might have a perfomant screen which will be used at 10%.

Think again and think right ;) !

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah i have the gtx1070 gamer xtreme in mind..Still stuck on a monitor..Im thinkin ill not need gsync with that card so that saves me $100 or so..

If i went with the gtx and the rift i wouldnt have to worry about monitors for the rest...Just gotta learn the ctrls of the warthog so i wouldnt have to be slippin off the rift to see what im useing.....I dont get much time to sim so i have yet to learn the ctrls without lookin..

• 6 months later...

Well sence i 1st made this post i pulled the plug and covered some of my bases..

As mentioned i have the geforce gtx 1070 xtreme gamer,extra 8 gig of ram and the rift...Just a few min ago i reluctantly pulled out the visa again(Never fails to pay it off and i zip it up again)and got myself an early xmas gift of a 27"rog swift..

Got tired of dealing with monitor converters(female dvi-dp)and 60 hz bs..Ill just have 1 bigger monitor and my rift for the realizm feeling later..