Multiplayer not popular still?

Pulstar

Perhaps I should worded it differently. Right now, DCS World does not incorporate a way to prohibit the host from also playing. How's that? Better? Jesus, the pedantry in these forums...

You are correct, right now there is not way

but ED have the source code and could spend an hour or 2 from one software engineer to change it so that it does

I have outlined a couple of possible software implementations to deal with this situation

Edited by wash_hoban

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit

I've owned Nevada since it came out, I have it installed, but I've never tried it. The hassle of installing every module again and sorting through all the keymaps...meh...I'll just wait for the merge.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

I've owned Nevada since it came out, I have it installed, but I've never tried it. The hassle of installing every module again and sorting through all the keymaps...meh...I'll just wait for the merge.

There's really no hassle. You just start the map and click on the install option that automatically pops up when you start it up. Go watch TV for 15-20 minutes while they all download and install, Copy and paste your input files from the Config folder so that all of your mapping from your HOTAS, pedals or whatever else is preset up so you don't have to go through setting up every plane and you are off and flying. No set up, no issues.

It's well worth the half hour or so it takes to get it set up. And half of that time is spent doing something else while the planes load. :thumbup:

I think what makes DCS HOT is its planes and maps...and when something like the Mig-21 story comes out people get ungry i suppose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Errrrrr , they wrote the software so YES it can distingush

If host does not click on a plane slot it is a server

Pretty simple eh ?

Probably a few lines of code to implement this

Thats all that would have to be done to work out if it is a player or just a server hosting but not playing

A command line startup option of for example -server

could just lock any player slots and stop them being clicked on

Actually, it isn't even that complicated. All they need to do is prevent downloads of models other than maps at the store level.

For example, to run a 'dedicated server' I need a separate account for the server. It has no modules so I can't fly in it, only run a server. Okay so I could fly the TF_51 or the Su-25 but it is easy to disable that account from purchasing any modules other than maps.

You are correct, right now there is not way

but ED have the source code and could spend an hour or 2 from one software engineer to change it so that it does

I have outlined a couple of possible software implementations to deal with this situation

I don't even know where to begin with commenting this statement.

2 hours to make a dedicated server...

I think people should grow some respect to the work that others are doing.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I don't even know where to begin with commenting this statement.

2 hours to make a dedicated server...

I think people should grow some respect to the work that others are doing.

Sorry if I confused you , BUT I NEVER said 2 hours to make a dedicated server

if you had read my earlier post

Quoted here

What I was refering to was a small change ...........

Yes I am painfully aware that after 8+ years they still have not given us a proper dedicated server

Errrrrr , they wrote the software so YES it can distingush

If host does not click on a plane slot it is a server

Pretty simple eh ?

Probably a few lines of code to implement this

Thats all that would have to be done to work out if it is a player or just a server hosting but not playing

A command line startup option of for example -server

could just lock any player slots and stop them being clicked on

Once again sorry for confusing you, a small change like this could be done quickly

I was not refering to creating a dedicated server in 2 hours

Is that any clearer for you ?

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit