RAZBAM AV-8B HarrierII Plus for FSX released

Prowler111

Hopefully the DCS version isn't too far behind? Eh, it was only a hope after all.. :D

Wouldn't get your hopes up too quickly. These guys are well established in FSX but I don't think they'll be ready to release their work in DCS for quite some time... it's not a similar process.

• ED Team

Can not wait for this in DCS,

will follow this with great interest as the DCS version develops, already wearing out my F5 on the facebook page lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am all over this -- hopefully this generates some extra revenue that will help keep the DCS projects moving forward. This is going to be really cool on AJ Weber's LHA.

Indeed... a high fidelity Harrier in DCS would be something else. I hope they're up to the AFM challenge!

Serious challenges ahead for this to be done in the DCS World. Not trying to be a party pooper, but the combat systems, alone are going to be a task. I'm not a FSX simmer, but my understanding of that environment is that it does not involve combat at all. I guess I would like to know what are some things that will have to be accounted for in the DCS World as oppose to the FSX environment? No flames please I just want to be educated. :)

Oh and by the way congrats to Prowler and RAZBAM for their release!!

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Serious challenges ahead for this to be done in the DCS World. Not trying to be a party pooper, but the combat systems, alone are going to be a task. I'm not a FSX simmer, but my understanding of that environment is that it does not involve combat at all. I guess I would like to know what are some things that will have to be accounted for in the DCS World as oppose to the FSX environment? No flames please I just want to be educated. :)

Don't worry I know. Just playing the part of "the 3D model is everything".

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

As part of the RAZBAM team let me assure you that all our FSX military aircraft have fully detailed, per the manuals, armament control. You can load them and fire/release them in the sim. No special "cheats" needed.

Imagine what we will be able to do on DCS once we get to know the system.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As part of the RAZBAM team let me assure you that all our FSX military aircraft have fully detailed, per the manuals, armament control. You can load them and fire/release them in the sim. No special "cheats" needed.

Imagine what we will be able to do on DCS once we get to know the system.

Ahhh Zeus you are educating me my friend. Sounds like you guys have all the performance data and literature of systems in hand already. Seems as if its a matter of nailing the code down to migrate it into the DCS World. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

How about the damage modeling? Is there a level of damage modeling done for this in FSX?

Maybe I need to do some searching on your site instead of annoying you all. You guys have work to do!! ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

• ED Team

Thanks for sharing,

she will look great in DCS with the AFM, already planning a harrier based build :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Prowler for the links. I noticed what looked like AG radar going in one of the videos. Has DCS had any breakthrough in modeling that feature. Is it being worked on in parallel for 3rd party developers to apply to their projects?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

just purchased it! gonna try it out and let you know! :smilewink:

I'll wait until it is finished but it looks nice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

what button to open the aircraft loading window? I cant find it anywhere, even on the forum =( thanks!

In FSX?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

yes, there is a screen shot of a loading panel/window. i dont know how to open it =(

Ah, plane specific. I know the manual isn't finished but did they not include one at all?