Mission Editor Issues...

Okay..I have posted previously about the mission editor being FUBAR'd

To start...I have DCS World Version 2.5.5.38140 NON Steam edition.

I have never had this issue before, but after the recent update a week ago, this has surfaced.

No matter what map I use, if I select an aircraft, I can name it, do all the things prior to placement on the map. When I try to place the A/C, it does not place and the Editor seems to lock up.

The armament screen is blank as described previously in my other posting. The Viewer screen is also blank.

I have no issues PLAYING the game. But anything mission editor oriented is screed up.

Does anyone have this issue?

If you don't know....try opening the mission editor, selecting a map, select the P-51D, and try to place it on the map on parking hot.

Then open the armament screen and see if you can see weapons.

Also....this is for the PC Stand alone Non Steam version.

Thank!

Elwood

Update/clarification..the editor does NOT lock up, as I can TRY to select exit, the window pops up asking if I want to save or not, I click no, yes, maybe and it will do nothing.

As I said, it does not lock up/freeze..but nothing you do/select will activate the function.

• ED Team

Hi

can you attach your dcs.log after this happens, we may see some clues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK!!

Thanx to komemiute on the Mudspike Forums...we found the issue I was having....

Apparently, if you accidently, or intentionally create a zip of a plane or put one there to unzip, and you leave the zipped file, or any file for that matter...it makes the ME go a little whacko.

Once he told me what he thought, I looked thru and found a zipped folder (Coincidentally the one plane that seemed to have all the issues) and deleted it..not the ME is back up and running normal again!!

Salute to komemiute and the Mudspike Forums!!