Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not?

chanrobi

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt think about it happening anymore.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Multicrew!

mulit crew... multi crew!!!!!

Haha, keep bumping it Hannibal!

My bro is buying a VR comp just so he can multicrew with me - he's not interested in flying, just shooting/navigating. I always assumed that the Huey would have multicrew, he's gonna be gutted when he can't use those lovely mini-guns.

Haha, keep bumping it Hannibal!

My bro is buying a VR comp just so he can multicrew with me - he's not interested in flying, just shooting/navigating. I always assumed that the Huey would have multicrew, he's gonna be gutted when he can't use those lovely mini-guns.

i am trying to do the same, my non sim friends do fly but i want to bring them into the vr experience as gunner or copilots

the mini guns look sooo effin sexy in vr, it is sad that they are stuck to my virtual face because they are not programmed fpr vr

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are we there yet?

The multiple positions feature is currently implemented. You can freely switch between the different positions all you want in game.

Multiplayer cockpits, aka 2+ human players in the same aircraft, is not yet implemented.

I guess it will be awesome. Since it took years to finish it?

Is there any official announcement? The editor stuff is not like a proof to me ;/

kind regards, Nik

p.s.: I hope it will be better then in the gazelle. There is tons of desync/stutter whatever, even if both are in gigabit LAN with 1ms latency.

-TSP- Multigaming Discord Server

9700K @5,2GHz Watercooled | 32Gb RAM @4266 CL16 | 2 GTX 1080 TI Watercooled| HW Raid 10 (4x 960gb SSD) | Warthog HOTAS | Saitek rudder pedals | Track IR5

WW2 Assets, A-10C, AJS Viggen, Bf109, F-5E Tiger II, F/A-18C Hornet, FW190, FC3, Black Shark 2, L-39, P-51D. Gazelle, Spitfire Mk. IX, Su-25T, TF-51D, UH-1H, Christen Eagle 2, Nevada, Normandy

if they would have balls they would say that is not possible and we draw a line.

& the name of the spiritual medium that told you they're not still working on it is ?

'cause you're either posting your opinion as a statement of fact, or listening to people who making stuff up...

Cheers.

I’m assuming for multiplayer positions you’ll have to be in the multiplayer mode on a multiplayer server correct? And when will it be announced?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

4+ years ago.
They "announced" that we will have multiple seats (pilot, co-pilot, gunners) we can switch. That was a first in DCS.

In addition, they wanted to "look into the possibility" of making this work in multiplayer, as there was a plan (!) from ED to support dual-cockpit... Or something along those lines.

As far as I am aware, the technical implementation for dual-cockpit was introduced with the L-39C and thus after(!) the Huey was coded. From what I've seen in multiple posts here Multiplayer support requires a specific way to code the systems, which is a bit challenging it seems.

If they manage to get it to work, they will tell us, for sure.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They "announced" that we will have multiple seats (pilot, co-pilot, gunners) we can switch. That was a first in DCS.

In addition, they wanted to "look into the possibility" of making this work in multiplayer, as there was a plan (!) from ED to support dual-cockpit... Or something along those lines.

As far as I am aware, the technical implementation for dual-cockpit was introduced with the L-39C and thus after(!) the Huey was coded. From what I've seen in multiple posts here Multiplayer support requires a specific way to code the systems, which is a bit challenging it seems.

If they manage to get it to work, they will tell us, for sure.

From the very beginning of the Hueys release as a DCS module, the official product description listed the following feature among others:

• Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

That's pretty clear and distinct.

Yes, it is a very challenging task, because, as you said, the Huey has been developed before ED implemented the multicrew tech, which means the Huey needs a huge rebuild to make use of the multicrew tech. That needs time:

Hi guys! Multicrew was one of the topics we wanted to roll out as news article, but since you are active here recently, we will address it here.

First of all we want to say that we don't want to run from what we said. Multicrew will be done and its progressing. Yes it taking its time and we can only be grateful for your patience! worthy.gif

Things with helicopter multicrew are not exactly same as in, for instance, L-39. It is because L-39 have two separate cockpits, therefore two clients have each their own accessible controls to fiddle with. But its changing when you have two guys at the same cockpit and both of them have access to whole cockpit, things are getting tricky that way and we tried to dance around those issues we faced. And as solution so far we see separation of available commands for pilot and co-pilot with which we are working right now.

As of now we have implementation for multicrew and we are testing it and resolving surfaced issues. Testing process taking its toll, it should go through different testers ours and ED..

At this point we think its a matter of months until multicrew patch for Huey will go live, if no critical showstopper issues will appear.

Besides that, there is more changes for UH-1H, that are coming even sooner... You will hear about them soon..

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good at least with multi crew the instructor could sit in the left seat and the student in the right seat this would then take on the rl training environment. Better than now watch a video a flail about until you get it right.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

From the very beginning of the Hueys release as a DCS module, the official product description listed the following feature among others:

That's pretty clear and distinct.

Yes, and "later update" does mean they are still on schedule... ;)

As far as I remember, they posted some insights during and shortly after the early access, about that plan and that they need a generic support of multicrew in DCS World to work.

The most challenging part, from my point of view, is the switching of helicopter controls (cyclic, collective and rudder axis) in real-time.

The only solution that I can think of, is to let the "autopilot" hold parameters/fly straight until the pilot-in-command is synched and then switch control back from autopilot to human.

When I look at the Gazelle the issue with the switches is far more difficult. I don't like for example, that you can't operate the NADIR from the left side.

In the Huey the left-seater should be capable of operating the radios and weapons panel, yet the pilot (right seat) may need to operate the weapons panel as well, or even the radio. If you think if physical switches, I can only think of a configurable separation for each panel, or even better, every switch. That would allow individual configuration.

So much more complicated than IRL... :(

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

With all the respect, I can't believe it's that complicated to allow a second player to act on the aircraft commands. It doesn't really matter if it's on the hands of ED or Belsimtek to implement the support for multicrew. All this talk about the technical difficulties doesn't really make sense: DCS engine and the Huey were developed by ED/Belsimtek, not some other developer who holds the technology. All the "technical difficulties" is their own code.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

You know how to code it?

Yes? Then maybe you can share with us how easy or not it is.

No? Then how do you know if is difficult or not?

PD: Is not only make other players take control, is mainly about MP Coop sync of both players actions at the same time with a stable net code without input lags and desync. Not an easy one to code.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You know how to code it?

If I was part of the staff who did the progam, then yes, I would probably know how to code it.

No? Then how do you know if is difficult or not?

How do you not know it can't possibly be so difficult that it takes 4 years (or more to come?)

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

You have the answers in this thread.

The MP Coop code wasnt available at Huey´s release. This code was and is beeing developed AFTER. And is still WIP because it needs refinining and tuning.

And again if you dont know how to code it you cant say if is difficult or not. The long development time complain is fair and i could agree is taking to much. But is unfair to say is not so complicated when you dont know how to do it.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4