Set Takeoff Location

New DCS user here.

I cannot find any options that allow me to specify what location I want to takeoff from in a simple free flight mission.

For example, I would like to takeoff from Nellis AFB in an F-16 - just a free-flight sight-seeing mission. Surely, this is a simple task to set up. But, so far, I cannot find a way to do this.

I have the F-16 module and the Nevada NTTR map.

Hi Bob,

Just open the DCS mission editor.

New mission / map = Nevada

Select the plane icon on the left side, place the aircraft over Nellis AFB.

Using the drop down select the aircraft you want to fly.

Using next drop down select takeoff form runway or Hot park etc.

Skill = Set this to player (So you can fly, not the Ai)

Save this mission AS (NTTR Free Flight etc)

Other things you can do

Change the time and weather

Here is a video of placing many aircraft as clients in a mission, so you can fly all your aircraft in one mission. Hot, cold and air start. You don't need to do that, you can just use PLAYER as the skill.

This will still show and give you an idea of how to place down the units in the editor.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link