[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]JTAC Abort

bonesvf103

Hi,

just watching the video first, noticed you are making your attack runs to early, wait until you call spot and in before making the actual attack run.

After your attack egress outside the IP before returning.

If you do this out of order the JTAC can be sensitive.

Thanks I'll try that, although I'm not too sure how much difference it will make. I only say that because I was in a hurry making the video (not enough time to do things and have a life haha) so I may have just rushed it for the purpose of making the video quickly.

But again, my biggest suspicion is how I can approach from any direction I choose in the Maverick mission and the JTAC clears me hot...unless the Maverick mission is broken, heh.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
I noticed this has the "investigating" tag. Any news?

v6,

boNes

JTAC seems to be working as intended for me.

Make sure you add the IP in the mission editor, when flying the mission make sure you follow the radio prompts and egress to the IP before making your second attack.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I leave it in CCIP mode, find where the target is (by smoke or otherwise), and drop. It hits 90% of the time all the time.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I find that on this stock GBU mission in the Caucuses if you fly fairly straight in (follow the line from the WP SEQ to the WP) then make your IP inbound, laser, spot, then in hot call, you will get cleared hot. Deviate too much from that and you will get an abort.

I also found that you can egress any way you want and it doesn't seem to have an effect (of course the preferred egress is in the direction the JTAC says).

Last I found that even if your bomb hits and they clear you to re-attack, you have to do it quickly--they won't have the laser on forever even if they say you are cleared hot.

To avoid this, after they confirm the kill, I check out, then check in again. I have to go through all of the 9 line stuff again, but I use that time to parallel my ingress route and then turn onto the ingress heading. By the time I'm set up, I am ready to tell them to turn the laser on.

With the above, out of 6 bombs dropped, all 6 hit.

Then I landed at Senaki and ran out of gas on the apron, haha.

v6,

boNes