W.A.S. 2025 Campaign - Missions report.

Hi guys,

This will be my missions report so you may see what is happening with these latest updates. It may have spoilers, but I will try to protect you from that.

At this moment I am flying with OB DCS 2.5.6.45915 Open Beta 2020-03-31. If I update it, I will post as well.

This report will work as a benchmark to CHPL as well. So far I flew 3 missions:

Mission 1

The main bug was Wolf 1 not landing on the beginning, but it worked twice for me.

On the first attempt I had to abort due to RL events.

On the second attempt all worked until the following spoiler:

While intercepting the two cars, I was over them when they exploded and got me in the explosion. I thought it was a bug and decided to move forward as it was in the end of the mission, so I edited my logbook.lua to move to mission 2.

Mission 2.

It was a very nice mission until Wolf 1 decided not to takeoff from Tango Bravo. The work around via F10 menu worked flawlessly.

Mission 3.

The mission is very nice and doable.

Avoid catching groundfire.

Your pilot is some kind of bulletproof, but the damage model will state "Pilot dead" anyway and abord the mission if you get to many howls in your Huey :thumbup::pilotfly:

I just flew it. It happened to me for sure.

Right after taking off from the bridge, I saw the message “Your Pilot is Dead” and “Mission Ended???”

And looks like your deactivation was perfect.

I managed to finish the mission with 75 points. Fair Enough.

Up to this point I am loving the missions an the environment. I saw a few grammatical erros and I understand it pretty much because english is not my first language as well and the mixup is understandable.

As I said, the campaign is amazing and even with these annoying bugs, it is easy to enjoy the set up. I am looking forward to flying more of your campaigns.

All the best,

Sydy

The good news is.

We get the information from ED that the bugs in mission 1 and 2 are internally fixed and the fixes are part of the next Beta update.

The explosion in mission 1 is not a bug, you are just to close and the blast of the explosion on the ground blows you out of the sky.

But actually, there is a bug - close at the end of the mission, as stated fixed soon :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

Hi,

Just flew Mission 4

Veeeery long mission and I loved it.

First attempt: Crash landing on top of the hill on Task 3. Pretty stupid.

Second attempt: flew for 01:50 and ended pretty tired. Not a big deal but requires attention and to comply with the task. There is a surprise in the end, but I will not spoil it.

Landed on fumes on the final destination (won't tell you either).

Managed to get all 100 points.

Guys, have fun. It is a mission that will require a bit of Huey Stick and Rudder skills (not much of rudder, but anti-torque pedals) LOL.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Hi guys,

Just flew Mission 5.1.

It is pretty intense once you get to the combat area.

On the first attempt I broke the helo on the 5th landing (by the tree).

On the second attempt I managed to fulfill the mission and made it, not without hearing a low rpm aural and light on one of the camp landings and almost crashing into a bunker... As I said, pretty intense, but got all 100 points...

Without the map in the spoiler the mission becomes very difficult.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223609&stc=1&d=1577102154

I watched CHPL's movie two times so I could reccon the right path

Good luck on that one, guys!

All the best,

Sydy

Hi,

I flew Mission 5.2. I felt pretty stupid.

Well, there is a spoiler bellow:

Ok, first part was nice, managed to hoover and pick up the team.

On first attempt instructions were not clear and tried to land on red smoke. I was blow out of the sky... Ok, felt stupid and figured out it was the orange smoke.

Second attempt, managed to deploy the team on the road, by orange smoke, took off and followed the instruction by the book.

“Tried” to land on the Northern bridge coming from north and landing on the Eastern end. There is a frigging car there that blow me out of the sky again... Started to piss me off...

Third attempt, paid attention double time on the instructions, same results. So “buck” it, I skipped that mission...

It’s bad when the mission makes people feel stupid.

Edit: Found the solution on the forum... I may give 5.2 another go...

All the necessary information is in the Mission Description and the Kneeboard during flight :smartass:

So the first infantry Group doesn't belong to the bridge with the enemy APC, you should take them one bridge further north which is out of range from enemy fire and from there they move back to destroy the APC.

We also working already on improvements to the missions. So we add F10 map markers to the known LZ's from the beginning and the ones developing during the mission by time. This will be part of a major update we hope in December 2019

So, Life it is what it is...

Let’s go to mission 6! (Edit: I will try 5.2 again...)

Edited by Sydy

Hi guys,

I flew again Mission 5.2 at least a dozen times...

I couldn’t make it because of the overweight and in the end I gave up... Quite annoying mission and think it should be reworked. I’m not that bad, but the requirements are way too much.

I decided to edit my logbook.lua and skip this mission. (The one I disliked the most so far) :surrender:

Mission 6.

Another mission that demands a bit of stick and rudder (I know... Anti-torque pedals) :joystick: LOL...

The first takeoff and first land on LC1 (by the shacks) are demanding, but pretty doable. I loved the way the mission was design and the progression with and attack and target markings.

They flight back is also interesting and make you work quite a bit. With the weather deterioration I decided to go all the way to Batumi and I flew VOR all the time. No VOR? (Visual Over the Road) LOL

Managed to land at the Maintenance area and got 100 points!

Best mission so far! :thumbup:

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Checked mission 5-2 today.

The video is coming soon.

Lots of power available in the mission. :music_whistling:

Think about - you may exceed the TOT limit for 2 minutes when taking off from the street. Just rais the collective slowly but constant to make sure RPM stays within limits. (vertical takeoff)

Do not make vertical landings! keep moving forward, close to the ground. :smartass:

Always happy landings ;)

Checked mission 5-2 today.

The video is coming soon.

Lots of power available in the mission. :music_whistling:

Think about - you may exceed the TOT limit for 2 minutes when taking off from the street. Just rais the collective slowly but constant to make sure RPM stays within limits. (vertical takeoff)

Do not make vertical landings! keep moving forward, close to the ground. :smartass:

Hi CHPL,

I tried a bit of that, but didn't let stay above red line for that long.

Tks anyway,

Sydy

Hi,

Just flew Mission 7.

No big Spoiler today. Mission is quite nice and enjoyable.

Here goes a couple of minor spoilers:

On the first try I died due to a Mortar at X Field. It was just bad luck. On second attempt all went well.

Mortars are due W of X Field between buildings. When Peter says Kobuleti, it's the city, not the fiel at that stage (being Martared).

Tomorrow I will try to fly 8 and 9.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Hi guys, good morning,

Mission 8.

Nice mission but with two noticeable glitches on the Voice Overs:

1st - A couple of minutes after takeoff, over Kobuleti. Peter talks to Senakhi (way too soon) and comands a 140 hdg. Disregard and follow the road.

2nt - After First takeoff from Minsk. Just fly and land on the Oil Rig.

Prepare yourself for 4 boat landings and one oil rig landing. Good weather and doable.

Other than that, it is a nice night mission. Remember to use you NVG. Helps a lot!

All the best,

Sydy

Hi guys, good morning,

Mission 8.

Nice mission but with two noticeable glitches on the Voice Overs:

1st - A couple of minutes after takeoff, over Kobuleti. Peter talks to Senakhi (way too soon) and comands a 140 hdg. Disregard and follow the road.

2nt - After First takeoff from Minsk. Just fly and land on the Oil Rig.

Prepare yourself for 4 boat landings and one oil rig landing. Good weather and doable.

Other than that, it is a nice night mission. Remember to use you NVG. Helps a lot!

All the best,

Sydy

It was not intended as a night mission, actual it was during sunset, but it seems many things changing right now in DCS.

We fixe that in the upcoming mission update. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

It was not intended as a night mission, actual it was during sunset, but it seems many things changing right now in DCS.

We fixe that in the upcoming mission update. :thumbup:

CHPL,

No worries. It was ok.

I just flew Mission 9.

It is a night mission and it is ok. A couple of spoilers bellow:

You will have to land at Kobuleti. The story line gets lost somewhere but you will notice you will have to do so. No big deal.

The Berlin HQ is not that inland. Once you find the river, turn off NVG so you look for the landing area better. I got up to the hill and had to come back to look for it. It is very discreet, but you can find it eventualy.

Pretty nice mission.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi,

I flew Mission 10

Well... Not good...

First attempt: In the middle of the valley otw to fight decided to arm, got a msg "MISSION ENDED - WINNER RED" and it closed...

Second attempt: A little bit more, decided to change rockets do 1 pair at time... Same deal.

Third attempt: decided not to mess with the weapons until in combat. Managed to kill all enemies, but then it became night. Seriously? Landed is several spots and no troop showed or smoke to mark.

Decided to end the mission and move to the next one. Quite disappointing.

Let's go to the last one...

Hi,

I flew Mission 10

Well... Not good...

First attempt: In the middle of the valley otw to fight decided to arm, got a msg "MISSION ENDED - WINNER RED" and it closed...

Second attempt: A little bit more, decided to change rockets do 1 pair at time... Same deal.

Third attempt: decided not to mess with the weapons until in combat. Managed to kill all enemies, but then it became night. Seriously? Landed is several spots and no troop showed or smoke to mark.

Decided to end the mission and move to the next one. Quite disappointing.

Let's go to the last one...

Ther is a time frame to get to the rescue.

After takeoff, you shude pull TOT just below the red line and fly as fast as possible to the Valley. You need to get to the valley bevor the teams killed.

When turning left into the valley you don't need to care about the time anymore.

GOOD LUCK

The Video to mission 5-2 is also online now.

If you take your time in the mission you will make it for sure. :pilotfly: Stay right over the street and don't care about the trees.

Always happy landings ;)

• 1 year later...

Wolf 1 need to land on the opposite side of the river.  You need to stay behind, otherwise he may be pissed if you in his way :cry:

You may refule if neccesarry at sierra mike on both sides of the river neare to the Trucks .
If Wolf 1 refuses to land you may end the mission with the radio menue F-10 Skip to Mission 5 

Always happy landings ;)

Checked the mission. 
Wolf 1 behaives a little bit strange during his 180 ° approach, but he lands with no isssues in the test.
Will try to optimise the approch path for one of the comming updates.

Always happy landings ;)