[Mi-8 & UH-1H] Coast Guard Training

An instant action/playground mission.

MP friendly with 12 aircraft slots:

6 Mi-8= 2xUSCG, 2USCG Armed, 2xCivilian

6 UH-1H= 2xUSCG, 2USCG Armed, 2xCivilian

No bells and whistle, just jump into a helo and fly to the cargo locations.

If you don't feel like bringing those poor rescuers back to the hospital, just drop them into the sea, no penalties!

I'm still working on a second mission, it will be a fleshed out version of this one. Only for SP.

With random/dynamic tasking, voice overs and extra chocolate chips.

Based on MBot's VERTREP mission, butchered by me (with permission)

- 4 ships with rescuers waiting for evacuation

- Oil Rig replenishment

- Offshore antenna construction

- Drug smuggler interception

US Coast Guard Training

!!!REQUIRED MODS!!!

- Oil Rig, Ships, etc

- Modern Cruise Liner (recommend the Queen Katherine skin)

- Cargo, Helipads, Hospital, etc for 1.5.5

Optional Liveries

- USCG UH-1H

- USCG Mi-8

- Bell 205

- Mi-8 Helix

Place the UH-1H liveries in C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\uh-1h

Place the Mi-8 liveries in C:\Users\Your Username\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\mi-8mt

(create the folders if necessary)

Edited by Eight Ball

you rock as always man. thanks!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thanks a lot - and to all the Mod designers making the parts for this - I have been hoping quite whlie something such SAR missions will come out at some point. I am a real fan of the civil missions approach in DCS - especially with the Huey and later maybe the BO 105. Thanks man for all the work!

Is the Oil Rig intended to move like a ship? As far as I know these things should be rock steady especially when they are drill rigs. Or do I see this only on my setup? Would be great if there is a way to change to steady state (I have 5 m/s wind for easier hovering).

Tanks for the fast reply - it was my fault ... I set it up in another mission as a vesselgroup because I could not find it in structures. There it behaves like a vessel, however, with movement according to wind speed, even if no enginespeed through water, exactly like your screen shot. I checked with your mission now and there it is steady, when - as you did - included as a structure object. So - solved.

Great mission, thanks again!

i get this message as soon as i start mission

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

yes. i installed by jsgme

isn't that the mod we installed for french touch?

Youtube

No, that's the cargo, helipad, hospital,etc

here is the direct link to the complete Upuaut's mod:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21ANyYBJvhbvyFrNg&cid=4995DAB54F442A85&id=4995DAB54F442A85%213086&parId=4995DAB54F442A85%213026&action=locate

You need both

Edited by Eight Ball

installed the file you gave the link of, but still getting same error

Youtube

It's weird because the only way I can reproduce this error is when I dont load that mod.

if you look in (...)\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\tech

do you see a folder called "IX514" ?

And that's what my tech folder look like:

attachment.php?attachmentid=157648&stc=1&d=1487616216

549241015_USCG201.png.a664e484b5f9f1d97151695ab26cccf7.png

Edited by Eight Ball

yes. like in the picture

Youtube

Ok, well that boat is causing issues apparently, it was for the offshore antenna construction. I've removed it from the mission.

You still have the rescuers on the boats, the oilrig replenishment and the fast boats.

You can download the "light" version here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2hl7Fl5UcK5d3Etb3dkakp3Nlk

let me know if it works.

If it does, I'll replace that ship with another one to bring back the antenna construction

Edited by Eight Ball

no error message now thanks.

but how is the tasking working?

i jumped into sar1 helicopter and drove to the cargo ship. but no tasking available?

it just says "welcome" at the beginning

Youtube

i went to static ship then cruise ship then oil ring but didin't see cargo radio menu

Youtube

Hi 8.it seems a nice mission. one more, well done. I download it for sure

but what do you mean by "No bells and whistle" , just asking ....:cry: do you mean... something like that :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1429232/

if it is what you refers. I would be (a bit) upset. :music_whistling:

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

merci pour la traduction contextuelle . :thumbup: je comprends mieux

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

merci pour la traduction contextuelle . :thumbup: je comprends mieux

Ah, I get it, you thought it was a reference/rant about your mission?

Not at all! It's just a saying in english :)

Your mission looks really nice

Je viens de comprendre, tu pensais que c'était une référence/critique à propos de ta mission? Pas du tout!!! C'est une expression anglaise.

Ta mission a l'air très sympa :thumbup: