Mapping the T.160000M FCS to A10C

MoToad

i use it for some month now and have set it up in a way that works very well for me.

do you have any specific questions or are you interested in seeing my config?

if so, is there a way to somehow "print" it to a file to show here? (ive mapped it with DCS, not with other software)

i use it for some month now and have set it up in a way that works very well for me.

do you have any specific questions or are you interested in seeing my config?

if so, is there a way to somehow "print" it to a file to show here? (ive mapped it with DCS, not with other software)

Get into adjust controls menu. Select A10C from the drop down list. press the "make HTML" button. quit the game. post the html files which u will see after exiting the game.

Posted a printout under input and output. Was able to use Paint to clear the boxes and start to add my own. Please have a look I am sure I need a better setup but just getting back into DCS after a couple of years away it is like starting all over again.

The big rocker on the throttle would be a nice speed brake function but can't get that to take. And the pinky wheel won't map to anything either.

Putting the layout (so far) on here. You should be able to save it and use Paint to change it for yourself. Whatever ya got, I'd like to see it.

Oh ya, and the switch on the bottom of the stick for left/right? Don't know why it's there as you can map all the buttons on the stick. Unless it just flips them around.

Here's mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/835er8ikkz2hlpx/DCS_A-10C_Warthog_TWCS_T16000m_Mod.jpg?dl=0

N.B.

My T16000m is modded a bit but it has the same number of buttons as the vanilla

As for listing bindings, I make a Master HTML from the "make HTML" results by opening them in OpenOffice Spreadsheet.

Comes out like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md39uersodud8bn/DCS_A-10C_Warthog_TWCS_T16000m_Mod.html?dl=0

Edited by Kozmyk

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Thanks Koz. I will study and see what works for me. I see your paddle is just a rudder too. And no use for the pinky dial?

Also I have just retired my Logi X 3D Pro. Had it set up with six modifiers . Don't use pedals and am thinking, with all the buttons on this flightstick I might just use it alone for the P51D and other WW2 planes to come.

Thanks Koz. I will study and see what works for me. I see your paddle is just a rudder too. And no use for the pinky dial?

Also I have just retired my Logi X 3D Pro. Had it set up with six modifiers . Don't use pedals and am thinking, with all the buttons on this flightstick I might just use it alone for the P51D and other WW2 planes to come.

Yeah. I can't use pedals in my current setup as I play reclined (back troubles).

Pinky Wheel - I'm using it for RPM in the prop planes but haven't found a use for it in the Hawg yet.

I was using a HOTAS X throttle previously and I'm still working on the ergonomics with the TWCS throttle.

This was my T16000m Modding thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=146102

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

I#m not on my main pc, so i still couldn't upload my profile, but my basic layout is as follows:

throtle pinky wheel: unfortuantely i also couldn't figure a good use in the hawg. in other planes it's good for prop pitch or radar antenna pitch etc.

throttle paddle: i use it for paddle and really like it. way better than joystick twist

throttle mini stick: i use it for slewing and it works great. you have to map it on the axis screen since it is an axis obviously. i needed quite a big amount of deadzone to stop it from moving without my input. with deadzone applied it works great though.

throttle first button right of wheel (pinky): brakes

throttle second button right of wheel (ring finger): MODIFIER KEY

throttle coolihat: i have that as DMS since it s a 8 way and so tactile feedback isn't great. All DMS commands have immediate feedback, and are reversible so i think it is a good fit.

throttle middle 4way: TMS. the middle 4 way is the best 4 way in my opinion, so i used it for TMS, which is quite important and has many applications

throttle lower 4way: CMS. cms z (down) is MODIFIER+throttle lower button

throttle lower button: Autopilot

throttle two-way-switch: China hat switch? (the one that resets spi to Stp and slaves sensors to spi etc...)

throttle two-way-switch + MODIFIER: speed brakes. that's the biggest weakpoint of my mapping, i guess. i would like to have speedbrakes without modifier, but could'nt think of a good way to do it.

i also have some non-HOTAS controls mapped with modifier. for example: modifier + brake is gear up/down and modifier + middle 4way has flaps

on the joystick i have the coolihat for trim, as in the real thing and i use the buttons on the joystick base (which are not good to reach) for the HOTAS controls that are rarely used in a speedy manner. light switch, mic switch, boat (?) switch... it's not perfect, but doable

als the remaining HOTAS controls are mapped on the upper buttons with the use of the throttle MODIFIER. the to aft button f.e. is gun trigger stage 1 and with modifier it's nose-wheel/lase. top right button is master mode and top left is weapon deploy. trigger is trigger obviously.

Edited by twistking

Thanks TK. Will be looking at these closely. If you can post a layout that would be great.

Never having delved into the mapping too much in the past and being away from DCS for so long it is a bit of a trek back.

With the new TM I have read people talking about T.A.R.G.E.T. DL'd it yesterday and am trying to learn it. Hoping to change that pinky wheel axis, the paddles and the throttle on the stick to buttons. Haven't figured it out yet. I am also hoping to get away with few moderator buttons as the stick itself is so loaded to begin with.

Edited by MoToad

Turns out my new toys do not like 3.0. After repeated frustrating tries punching map buttons till I was blue, I decided to try the 2.0 ports and now it is letting me map. I do have a ten foot extension that runs into a 3.0 hub, that goes to my box which sit five away from the desk. Am hoping that does not have anything to do with it.

• 1 month later...

Twistking I have sent you a PM but if you dont see it I am pasting it here to get more response.

Hey TK,

Assuming you occasionally see these messages, I have been using the mini stick on the throttle as a slew like you but I am trying to refine it enough to easily pick up mav targets. You said a lot of dead zone and I went way out to 80% but found that was not the answer. Backed off to 50% and is better. But I am thinking slowing down the actual traverse speed may go better with the curve adjustment. Got that at about 30% and it's better. Question is, what are the other two adjustments for and would knocking them back from 100% help?

As it's the only xy axis available on the throttle I need to reel it in. Hope u peeps can help.