Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds fantastic can’t wait to try it. The switch to speed trees is what I’m most excited about.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Thank you very much. Always welcome if you add new features to Normandy

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Even the UK side has more texture now, although as someone who lives very near Portsmouth it is funny flying over this and seeing nothing but fields.

Point du Hoc is very well modelled now, but I would like to see the Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches

Having said that, the map itself looks so much better now and was a real pleasure to take the Spitfire over

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What is Cana district and Quarantine estuary?

Is is Caen district misspelled? Can't figure out though what could be Quarantine estuary

I think they meant Carentan

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What a great update! After only 30 minutes flying around, the whole appearance is so much more realistic. The sort of cartoony graphics seem to have gone.

I like it!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks Ugra for the update!!

I really appreciate the seven extra airfields in the south and east.... Essay, Argentan, Conches, etc.. That makes such a difference to scenario design having more than one option for the Luftwaffe, esp. for battles around Falais. I also like the detail on the small fields, like Essay. They have a lot of character.

Have also explored the updates on the Channel Islands (not mentioned in the changelog), which are neat.

Still exploring... but so far, very good. A delightful, unexpected surprise.

Great 50th Bday pressie for me!

Not sure if the bridge at Benouville and the work around it was added this patch or earlier (not had the map installed for several months due to SSD space) but its there now and its greatly appreciated.

Overall the Map looks great from my swanky new A10 cockpit too.

Have a great Christmas.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

No shimmering trees anymore!!

Only made one brief flight but had some missing textures around three airfields in the south. Looked like a chamoflage patch with 'textures missing' written over it.... Made a screenshot but did not save it.. Will recheck and maybe try a DCS repair.

Performance lower down still seems to be a bit problematic.

Still this is a great and unexpected update.

Looking forward to Syria, that a sure buy for me.

This is a massive, MASSIVE improvement. The performance is on a par with Caucasus now and the new Speedtrees look awesome. Thank you so much for this Ugramedia, time to shake the cobwebs off this map right now :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.