[REPORTED]/[MERGED] Roll Oscillation w/ AP Alt Hold - 1.5.6.3690.269

Scotch75

Hey Folks, just bumping this thread as I have just started noticing this problem again in the latest version of dcs 2.0 open alpha, the a10c commences a worsening dutch roll when ALT only is selected on the auto pilot and engaged. I have never had this before. I have checked all axis commands in game for the TM Warthog, and the RCTRL + ENTER screen showing no inputs from HOTAS or Saitek combat rudder pedals.

I also tested in latest version of DCS 1.5 and all worked properly with no dutch roll on any auto pilot selection. I used the same key profile in both.

It seems this is isolated to 2.0.

When selecting the ALT hold on a constant bank angle, it appears the auto pilot keeps searching to hold that point with increasing inputs which makes the dutch roll get progressively more violent. Has anyone else experienced this in the new version?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this also but I seemed to be able to trim it out...ill play with it more tomorrow and see if it is a thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I had this twice the other day on NTTR. I engaged Alt autopilot whilst circling some targets at around 18k. I thought it might have been a heavy load out (Mavs and GBU12's) and the altitude combination having a strange effect on the autopilot.

I will test further and see what happens.....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I have always found the A-10C prone to this effect. It seems to be at the lower speed range, less than 200kias. I have found it worse in a turn with ALT engaged.

I have always assumed it is a normal limitation of the ircraft - as I say, I only find it a problem if I am flying realitively slowly, probably at less than Min Drag Speed.

Yeah, I have a track saved, but I have no video editing software to cut out the first 20 mins of me doing a cold start up

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I'm seeing the Dutch Rolls as well at all altitudes, speeds and weights.

IMO, they did something to the overall flight model of the A-10C in Nevada.

It's musher and nowhere near as crisp in the roll axis in V2 than it is in 1.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

By a track do you mean a .trk file or a video? What ED need is the actual track file generated by the game, not a screen-grab video.

Yeah definitely a .trk file.

I've had the same issue with a light loadout in ALT flying straight above 200knots.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Yeah definitely a .trk file.

Well then you don't need any video editing software, just post the track. Maybe someone from ED will notice this thread, or maybe it's already reported, but still more data never hurt anyone.

Yes, that's it.

I think they A-10 also feels a bit more sluggish and wobbly in general since the last update, besides the dutch roll.

Yeah I agree. I think a bug has definitely crept back into the FM as this was reported a few years ago in the original dcs theatre.

This was on the list for the A10-C in today's Beta update :-

"A turn coordination with SAS enabled corrected."

Can anyone confirm if this is the fix? and did it work? I've just downloaded the update but haven't had time to try it yet.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Did a flight yesterday in 2.0, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. My wingman had a few problems, but they were client side (one of them being the cat resting the head on the CTRL key, disabling his trim :D). After the problems were solved, he performed a rock steady flight - and he just got Nevada about a week ago.

So AFAICT, the FM seems okay.

Did a flight yesterday in 2.0, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. My wingman had a few problems, but they were client side (one of them being the cat resting the head on the CTRL key, disabling his trim :D). After the problems were solved, he performed a rock steady flight - and he just got Nevada about a week ago.

So AFAICT, the FM seems okay.

Can make a new mission, place an A-10C at about 10 000 ft, bank slightly and engage autopilot hold and let it sit for a minute or two?

Can make a new mission, place an A-10C at about 10 000 ft, bank slightly and engage autopilot hold and let it sit for a minute or two?

I was referring to the general sluggishness and wobblyness that you reported half a day ago.

Obviously, I'm affected by the weird ALT hold AP problem as well. And it's still present after Tuesday's hotfix for me.

I was referring to the general sluggishness and wobblyness that you reported half a day ago.

Obviously, I'm affected by the weird ALT hold AP problem as well. And it's still present after Tuesday's hotfix for me.

Good.