Is ground radar going to be implimented? If so how?

silent one

Yes I did search the forum but I cant find anything that states there will be ground radar capability and what It might look like. With planes like F18 and F16 in the works ground radar will be essential. Always one f the best aspects of Falcon 4 Id love to se it here. Anyone got any news on the when and how?

Yes it is being worked on, but there is no ETA. Ground radar is one of the major stepping stones that needs to be completed before planes such as the F/A-18 can even be released.

Hasn't LN finished their ground radar for the Viggen? Pretty sure the technology is done.

It was my understanding that 3rd parties are waiting for the tech to be available before they use and expand on it for their aircraft.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

• ED Team
It was my understanding that 3rd parties are waiting for the tech to be available before they use and expand on it for their aircraft.

Some are developing their own and some are waiting to use the system we are developing.

• 9 months later...

This is neither ED themselves nor an official 3rd party developer. It's just a mod (which might make it even more remarkable).

This is what EDs own A-G radar for the F/A-18 looked like back in April 2015 (WIP):

attachment.php?attachmentid=117059&d=1430413118

(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142734)

Leatherneck Studios are developing their own A-G radar for the Viggen (just like the A-4 Skyhawk modders). It will probably be the first A-G radar in DCS, because the Viggen might be released next month.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

April, thats a long time with no update. The Hornet really needs this so I really wish they would tell us more . Esp as this could be out in just a few months in early version.

Hornet has been pushed to 2017 until further notice, sadly.

The Viggen MIGHT be out this year, there's an upcoming livestream that will likely give more info. Viggen will include a custom ground mapping radar made by leatherneck.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

is there any viggen's actual ground radar images anywhere?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

We need a real radar model rather than a mod. Its frustrating that Falcon 4 had this 18 years ago. Its a vital part for the collection to move forward. If were ever going to have a F4 or a Longbow ,, or a f18 that's going to be worth its salt we need this bit to work well. Im hoping the attention to detail and realism so obsessively shown in the likes of A10 we will finally get a radar that looks like a radar. A update on this vital piece of the puzzle would be great by christmas :) hint hint .

We need a real radar model rather than a mod. Its frustrating that Falcon 4 had this 18 years ago. Its a vital part for the collection to move forward. If were ever going to have a F4 or a Longbow ,, or a f18 that's going to be worth its salt we need this bit to work well. Im hoping the attention to detail and realism so obsessively shown in the likes of A10 we will finally get a radar that looks like a radar. A update on this vital piece of the puzzle would be great by christmas :) hint hint .

I hope they keep it under wraps until announcing when pre-sales start. They've already shown an early WIP of their ground mapping radar using DBS.

Based on the lot number we should see the APG-73 Phase II modeled with the ability to render medium res SAR mapping and including GTMI.

There's no reason to pester ED for more info until we get much closer to release.

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT