convert profile from 1.5 to 2.0 open alpha

SparrowHawk003

Apologies if this has been extensively covered, but can't really find the right info

Having customised my controls for DCS 1.5 for my joystick, homemade rudder and HOTAS throttle and Headtracker I now want to use them in my newly aquired NTTR/2.0 openAlpha .

It appears that a simple copy/past and load profile from within 2.0 does not work for me.

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks all!

Mick

Copy/paste should absolutely work, as I've been doing it on regular basis between my 3 DCS installs. Are You sure You did it right?

Copy the contents of C:\Users\.....\Saved Games\DCS World\Config\Input\ folder (If I recall the path correctly, not on my gaming rig at the moment, but You get the point) into the similar C:\.......\DCS World Open Alpha\Config\Input\, and it should work right away (no need for any saving & loading profiles).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks Art-J. this absolutely works well after following your instructions.

I was copying the *.diff.LUA file in the root of C:\Users\.....\Saved Games\DCS World\

What file is this then?

This has also solved my problem of setting up the UH-1H in easy mode then having to do it all again in Sim mode. It does however skip some key and joystick assignments?

Thanks Art-J. this absolutely works well after following your instructions.

I was copying the *.diff.LUA file in the root of C:\Users\.....\Saved Games\DCS World\

What file is this then?

The game comes with some predefined, default control schemes for most popular controllers on the market. These are stored in default.lua files (doh!). When You start making Your own assignments on top of these, the game stores Your changes in diff.lua files ("diff" as in differences from default). There are separate files for every single controller plugged into Your PC - thus one has to save/load separate profile for each device - a bit counterintuitive, compared to other games. That's why I don't bother with any of this stuff, and just copy-paste the whole folder. The method doesn't work, however, when moving game to another computer or system (Windows IDs for controllers do not match then). That's where saving/loading profiles might be the only way. Or so I've heard, 'cause I never had to do it yet, so don't ask me about details :D.

This has also solved my problem of setting up the UH-1H in easy mode then having to do it all again in Sim mode. It does however skip some key and joystick assignments?

Sure it does. In easy modes some systems work in simplified manner, or don't work at all. In sim mode more systems are implemented, so more assignmets have to be made.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.