VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

New code has been restored to the speech.lua files in both 1.5.8 release and 2.5OB. Still can’t change from the default to any aircraft in either, still get no response. When I add a new command to the Vaicom profile such as ‘wheels up’ or ‘pilot body’ it works no prob. So it’s clearly getting some signal.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Have you try configer the buttons wile target profile is running?

I use target profile and no problem, but i config the button when target was running i think. :)

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention / vaicompro 2.5

Well. I found out that when the target script is running. VA will not recognize the mic hat on the TMW ... strange ... back to the books again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

Is it possible that TARGET isn't passign through the captured button presses?

Is there an option within TARGET to do so?

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

A tip for the TARGET-problem since this is one of the few things I have not had problems with:

In Voiceattack I have the TX buttons mapped to 1-6 on the numpad on the keyboard. I dont have any joystick inputs involved in the settings for Voiceattack and VAICOM. Instead I map the mic switch on the throttle to the keys on the numpad instead. Works perfectly, just remember to map them as Hold instead of Pulse in the TARGET-profile so they remain pressed when you press them.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Well. I found out that when the target script is running. VA will not recognize the mic hat on the TMW ... strange ... back to the books again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange, for me with script running its button 28, 29, 30, and 31 push is 26 i think...are you trying to change the profile vaicom 2.5 pro because that is need for the reconise of the buttons?

Edit: manual page 11

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention / vaicompro 2.5

Edited by _schepper_

Is there any way to increase the volume level of the "chatter" plug in. Once my engines are running I cant hear any chatter. Or can someone post me there game audio set up so that I get a good balance please.

I have the same issue, even with Master Volume turned down below the recommended 50% (and all of my other in cockpit sounds are also lowered).

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Cargo commands

I just purchased and I am in the process of setting up Vaicom Pro. Have the cargo commands been removed for sling loading since Vaicom 2.0?

The manual does not specify any commands and just lists cargo under miscellaneous recipients. There are no remarks or check boxes listed in the manual!

I'm using the Huey with 2.5 on the Caucasus map in VR. 'Cargo' is recognized and I get 'awaiting additional input'. I have tried 'Select 1' etc.. but have no idea what the cue or commands should be to follow the recipient. Anyone able to advise? All I can get back is 'There are currently no Cargo recipients available.'

In 2.0 it was possible with Voice Attack to see the expected options for multipart commands by looking in the profile. I cant see a way to do that anymore.

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Cargo commands

I downloaded the vaicom 2.0 UH-1 plugin again and referred to the command sheet.

I’ve used ‘cargo.. Load1’ etc and it doesn’t work. I tried ‘cargo.. options’ and I’m told no cargo available even though I have cargo listed and functional through the traditional radio menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

@Mojo PM inbound

@Locutos Chatter sounds are processed to settle in at background level (ie discernible but not attracting attention) when DCS master level is set to around 50%.

Some cockpits are noisier than others so you may need to work the various audio levels a bit to get the right balance.

Make sure to check the relative levels in Windows Audio Mixer.

@Frusheen Due to technical reasons Cargo flows are not supported in the initial VAICOM PRO release.

Feature is planned (not committed yet) to be included in a later update.

• Like 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Frusheen Due to technical reasons Cargo flows are not supported in the initial VAICOM PRO release.

Feature is planned (not committed yet) to be included in a later update.

That’s a shame. It’s the reason I bought Vaicom Pro as I only use dcs for helicopter flying. Hopefully you will be able to add this as it would greatly improve sling loading. Trying to navigate radio menus in VR while hovering is a pain.

Hold your horses, Hollywood. We're fixed!!!!!!!!!! I had a problem with Simshaker stopping working which happened around the same time.

f410 who made the software noticed a load of old Helios code (which I havn't used in 3 years in the Export.lua file! He scrubbed all that code out leaving me with Simshaker and Vaicom code. Worked straight away.

I'm so happy I could burst. Back to flying again. Flying without Vaicompro and SSA was rubbish quite frankly.

Rep inbound mate and thanks again.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

New code has been restored to the speech.lua files in both 1.5.8 release and 2.5OB. Still can’t change from the default to any aircraft in either, still get no response. When I add a new command to the Vaicom profile such as ‘wheels up’ or ‘pilot body’ it works no prob. So it’s clearly getting some signal.

I had the same problem. DCS is not consistent about it's Save Game directory. The savegame dcs uses was still called "C:\Users\Phil\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha", for whatever reason. Maybe someone knows why. After putting the Scripts directory there, it worked!

In addition I turned off Windows Firewall beforehand and haven't turned it on again since, so this may affect it, too. But turning off Windows Firewall alone did not help. I will check later with Firewall turned on.

Nevertheless, the main problem for me was the wrong Saved Games directory.

Edited by Huzzle
Found the solution a few lines above, reading helps sometimes.

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

Hi,

I really start to like VIACOM, hard to live without it when playing DCS!

What still troubles me is how to selecting a recipient works (with and without "use instant select").

For example with use instant select on:

I take off at Batumi, select Batumi AM freq, say "Batumi Inbound" -> works ok

After this change the AM freq to Kobuleti, say "Kobuleti Inbound", gets processed in VA perfectly (so understands Kobuleti) but in the sim it requests "Batumi inbound" instead and of course no respone...

Whatever I try I cannot get it to request "Kobuleti Inbound", like it always automatically selects the nearest airfield. If I use the sim menus it all just works.

What am I doing wrong?

If I do not use instant select, I cannot get the select statement to work.

It understands correctly for example "Kobuleti, ... Select" but then states in the VA window "awaiting additional input" and nothing seems to have happened. Should I say something immediately after the select statement?

Marcel

One thing I'm not 100% sure on is the training. I went through word by word saying them out loud and then once I was done, I hit finish.

Do I have to do anything after that, or has it saved what it learned from that session? I ask because it's quite tedious training this and I just want to be sure it's saving all of it.

One thing I'm not 100% sure on is the training. I went through word by word saying them out loud and then once I was done, I hit finish.

Do I have to do anything after that, or has it saved what it learned from that session? I ask because it's quite tedious training this and I just want to be sure it's saving all of it.

Windows Speech Recognition Training?

Yep afaik it saves it to a file. Can't recall exactly where it is, but there is one that can be used if say update to a new PC and have to do a new install of Windows. Copy the file over and good to go.

Edit: Found this on how to back up speech recognition file.

http://voiceattack.com/howto.aspx

Requires SPF ( speech profile manager) to be downloaded, link is there.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yep afaik it saves it to a file. Can't recall exactly where it is, but there is one that can be used if say update to a new PC and have to do a new install of Windows. Copy the file over and good to go.

I tried using this backup tool after Hollywood posted a tip about it. In Windows 10 I get a error message saying that the imported speech engine has errors in the registry and may not work, this causes the microphone setup wizard to crash for example. After a bit of googeling I found out that the backup tool does not support Windows 10.

Could be good to know maybe.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

I tried using this backup tool after Hollywood posted a tip about it. In Windows 10 I get a error message saying that the imported speech engine has errors in the registry and may not work, this causes the microphone setup wizard to crash for example. After a bit of googeling I found out that the backup tool does not support Windows 10.

Could be good to know maybe.

Just had a go with it, it saved mine no problem. ( Windows 10 ).

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hollywood do you have a tutorial on voice attack and or Viacom’s mod that I haven’t found if so please point me to it if not a step by step checklist and or tutorial would help me as trying to learn dcs world the aircraft mod and voice attack is overwhelming

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Oh no, sorry. I meant to say the training thing in the Vaicom keyword editor. I assume that's for Vaicom to better understand my exact voice and accent? When I hit Finish, am I meant to do anything afterwards, or has Vaicom saved what it learned?

It or the windows speech engine is clearly designed for a southern English accent (despite Microsoft claiming it's "British" English), so it has issues picking up my Irish voice, and my only solution I've found is to go word by word pronouncing them in my accent. As you can tell, this lengthy and tedious and I'm just paranoid Vaicom isn't saving it.

[edit]

Does anyone know an alternative to Windows default speech recognition tool? It's bloody awful for a non-English person, honestly. Google and Amazon speech recognition is leagues better and I feel like I'm wasting my time "training" windows mess of a speech tool.

Edited by HoneyBadger

I'm still not getting a response from the FE when he calls for a radio check. I imported the F10 menus as that is where the correct response lies within the A10C. FE call "radio check" I respond "copy" FE should then say something like "read you 5 by 5". If I enable "allow options" in preferences, when the FE calls for a radio check I respond "options" then hit F10 (other menu) then F1 "Copy" and then get the correct response from the FE "I read you....." but I really don't want to use the options preference, I don't want to see any menus, just speak and get the instant vaicom response as designed. I have tried several times to import F10 Menus in preferences, clicked finish in the editor and got the message about copying the clipboard contents, I checked the contents of the clipboard against the contents of the keyword list in the "when I say" box and cannot find any difference so assume I have copied these words over correctly but there are still only 430 words in the editor and VA has 446 commands when I restart everything. So why is the FE not giving the correct response when I say "copy". And I am using the Pro edition of Vaicom.

Edited by Locutos

I'm a bit stuck on the following in the manual:

- Go to the Keywords Editor and follow the steps to update the VA profile to use the new voice commands: using the imported keyword will execute the menu item command.

I can't see anything else in the manual in the Keywords Editor page for the F10 menus. Has anyone else managed to do this?

Cheers