Manual

Dolphin887

You can sign me(*us) in as a volunteer(*s) for the Czech translation.

(*) I can consult things with a RL czech manual and with RL Fishbed pilot :smilewink:

PM me if you guys are interested

Edited by Suchacz

• 1 month later...

Once your translator team is formed you can rely on us for we are being so called your "brothers in arms" from Russia. Of course, if needed :music_whistling:

BTW. Appreciate nice pics a lot (We don't need any manuals):megalol:

cichlidfan: The manual(s) will be available before release.

Any updates on the status of this? Surely sat least a few of the manuals are translated by now. Even if they're not fully finished they should be pretty educational. It'd calm down a lot of people, that's for sure.

Any updates on the status of this? Surely sat least a few of the manuals are translated by now. Even if they're not fully finished they should be pretty educational. It'd calm down a lot of people, that's for sure.

The translation teams have done an excellent job and we are very indebted to them. The english version is currently undergoing copy editing.

As soon as it's done and the last images are replaced (there was some legacy stuff in there) we'll see about tossing it up for all. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The translation teams have done an excellent job and we are very indebted to them. The english version is currently undergoing copy editing.

As soon as it's done and the last images are replaced (there was some legacy stuff in there) we'll see about tossing it up for all. :)

Awesome stuff!

Not really important, but will the images in the English manual use screenshots from the original Russian cockpit or one with English labels?

Awesome stuff!

Not really important, but will the images in the English manual use screenshots from the original Russian cockpit or one with English labels?

Russian, but they are numbered and their function is written in text outside of the image in text. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Russian, but they are numbered and their function is written in text outside of the image in text. :)

Nice job! Can't wait to read the manual before the release of the module

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 weeks later...
May I request a cold and dark start-up training mission by Dolphin887? That would be very cool, to have a real MiG-21 pilot guide you through the start-up sequence. I really like the A-10C (start-up) training mission(s).

Hey HJM, thanks for the proposition.

When you said "dark start up" did you mean cold start at night? If so, I don't have that one created... I might just extend the original one - the differences are small.

I've already created all the missions for 21 (3 groups of training missions, quick start missions, single player missions, one multiplayer template for an online/LAN kick start, and the campaign).

I must admit I was little bothered with classic super-serious approach to the interaction between the "virtual instructor" and the player, so I gave myself some freedom to make some missions relaxed and funny, without actually ruining their value. I tend to be easy when it comes to real flying, why not use the same approach in the simulation?

There is a training mission with a cold start procedure; however, I did not want to bother users explaining systems connections and dependencies for every switch. Unfortunately, I did not fly A-10C start-up missions so I don't exactly know what would you like, I can just hope players will like MiG-21 missions (some won't, but that is ok). At the end, you - the players - will create your own missions, tutorials, videos, documents and other material which will surpass initial material in quality and numbers.

---------------- added 10 minutes later -----------------

I just realized I just might created an avalanche of missions/campaign related posts...

PLEASE, DO NOT POST MISSIONS/CAMPAIGN RELATED THINGS IN THIS THREAD ANY FURTHER. We need this thread clean of anything that is not manual-related. Otherwise I might just get lost in piles of posts around the forum in case you actually wanted to post something related to the manual and did that in the topic other than this.

Thank you.

Edited by Dolphin887
a minute too late /hopefully not/

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Start the manual with: "There's a war on. Somebody put you in charge of a MiG-21." :D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I can't offer any services regarding Translations but I am very good at documenting/creating Start-up sequence documentations. I can give you examples of the KA-50 and A-10C I have done. Let me know if interested.

EDIT: Attached A-10C Startup documentation.

DCS A-10C Long Checklist.pdf

Edited by Topgun505

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Hell I'd love to translate the manual from English to American if you don't mind :smartass: I'm fluent in both.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...