To the executives and management of Eagle Dynamics

Akula

Sorry about that Sobek,

It's not intentional at all but I'd say it is warranted. I'm sure I speak for a few of us when I say that they totally deserve it for accepting donations after making all these extravagant promises. What truly surprises me is that they have never really been exposed for it. I don't think that what we said were bashing in anyway but more a stating of facts and opinions. In my opinion they are frauds and I feel extremely sorry for those that made a monetary investment and defended them to no end.

Like many others here, I was on their forums when they first emerged with words of positivity and confidence praising them for taking on such a huge challenge and wishing them the best of luck. A year or two later (can't remember because it's been so long) I made a thread saying something like "So two years have passed and all you have to show for it is some poorly made videos and some pictures? Really?"

I agree it wasn't the most positive thing to say but instead of offering an explanation or apology or a more tactful way of dealing with a well deserved statement, they deleted the thread and threatened to ban me from their forum if I ever posted something like that again. That was the last time I ever visited their site... Until today.

I was interested in seeing just how far they've come and WOW, still no change. If anything it has gotten even worse. They had a huge server crash awhile back which destroyed most of their site content including the work they've done to date. They *claim* that they have all the files backed up and that is definitely believable but they have yet to relaunch the site which SHOULD be easy enough if you've backed it up. All they have right now is some content here and there and a puny little forum that is repopulating soooooo yeah, they're not doing too well lol.

Anyways, we have ED which I'd say makes stuff that is worth every penny IMHO. Keep it up ED, you guys rock!!!!

Edited by Akula
  • MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

It's not intentional at all but I'd say it is warranted.

You aren't listening. Do what you have to but don't do it here. This is a privately owned forum intended mainly to serve as a community homebase for EDs products. It doesn't really matter what XSI did or didn't do, this forum is *not* the right venue. If we don't impose a strict stance in this regard, ED could be accused of running smear campaigns against other developers (you wouldn't believe how quickly that happens). It's necessary to put the big boy pants on and exercise a little self restraint to keep the good will in the flight sim community as a whole going.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

PLEASE NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN.

'Never let what happen?' You ask.

Never sell out to an American software publisher like EA or Activision, or any of them for that matter. I have been a long time fan of the battlefield series and it *was* a great game until EA (electronic arts) acquired Battlefield' development company DICE. Since that time the battlefield series has really gone downhill. On the surface, BF3 and BF4 look amazing, immersive and incredibly fun but once you get into the game you find it is riddled with problems. Weapons, classes and vehicles are not balanced, hackers are not dealt with as per the EULA and coding glitches coupled with server glitches are not addressed in a timely manner. You can almost hear the screams from the fan forums demanding that the game be fixed and yet the progress is slow and the attitude from EA is pretty much "we'll get to it when we're good and ready".

Please don't ever sell out to these American companies. They are greedy, blood sucking vultures who will butcher and kill your company should you ever get in bed with them. I am not against capitalism or free enterprise but I hate exploitation and this is what EA does quite arrogantly. Please don't make the same mistake that DICE did.

wont see a console version of dcs any time soon.

My guess is that since ED has not really released anything hardcore in years this is exactly what they are hoping for.

What about the mustang?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

And their Partners releasing the Huey and Mi-8... If they were trying to phase out hardcore somehow, these wouldnt be helpful to that end... such silliness in these threads...

no modern fixed wing aircraft no hardcore, its obvious.

DCS: world has not only "fixed wing hardcore" only.....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89885

i have no idea what you are talking about

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
You aren't listening. Do what you have to but don't do it here. This is a privately owned forum intended mainly to serve as a community homebase for EDs products. It doesn't really matter what XSI did or didn't do, this forum is *not* the right venue. If we don't impose a strict stance in this regard, ED could be accused of running smear campaigns against other developers (you wouldn't believe how quickly that happens). It's necessary to put the big boy pants on and exercise a little self restraint to keep the good will in the flight sim community as a whole going.

Smearing is lying to make things seem worse then they are. There is no smearing going on here nor is there any defamation or slander. If it's factual it's classed under freedom of speech and freedom of information. Furthermore the opinions expressed in the forums by the public are not the opinions of ED, DCS or it's affiliates.

Edited by Akula
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

...just as I was thinking after 5 years we would be over this argument. :lol:

Could a mod now reopen the Wags in Moscow thread please? :D

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

:megalol::megalol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

LOL, I was going through my subscribed emails and found this one, sorry.

:megalol:

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

LOL, I was going through my subscribed emails and found this one, sorry.

:megalol:

Haha, it's fine.

Sooooo... Fighter Ops coming out anytime soon? :joystick::pilotfly:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

... Fighter Ops ...

tenor.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals